Prologue

"Will I Ever Move On?"

“How are you doing?” I said to the wind “Do you know how hurt I was when you left? How much I had to cope with?” I knew that I can never have an answer... ever. “Do you know how much tears that were shed for you? But now I’m tired. I heard you got yourself a girlfriend. Congrats. Hope you’re healthy and happy like you were.” I said as a tear that I was holding back fall on to my palm. “......But I just want you to know that I’m always here for you as a friend. Waiting for the time you need me.... and when that time comes, I’ll be here with open arms willing to greet you into my life again” I just let my tears fall cause I’m tired of holding them back...... tired of showing people I’m strong but actually I’m not.”......and by then, I know that I’m the only one....... The only one Left Here Waiting for You” and with that last sentence I got myself up and wiped the tears on my cheeks and step away from the place I treasured, hoping one day, I can stand here, together with you and were happy like we used to. ‘I will always wait for you my friend, Kim Jonghyun.....’

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I was walking home when I looked at my watch, my eyes widen..‘Oh No! It’s almost 9... My parents will definitely kill me’ I ran towards my house and went in to the garden quietly, I sat at the edge of the pond looking at the fish swimming freely. My tears are going to fall any second. Just then, I heard the door being opened. I wiped the tears with my sleeves and turned my head towards the sound. Luckily it was just my brother, Hyunki “Noona. Mom’s looking for you!” he shouted and went into the house again, probably heading toward his computer... boys..

‘I hope my eyes aren’t red and puffy..’ I didn’t want my mom to know I had been crying so I just looked at the floor. “HaeJung-ah!” my mom said “where have you been?” “I was just at the garden looking at the fish..” I lied “Ouh” she said knowing I always be there at night but she has never questioned me.  “I wanted to ask you about your high school. Where are you enrolling, anyway?” my mom asked. “I don’t know, I’ll tell you when I decide” I said walking up the stairs. All I wanted to do now is be alone.

I locked the door and just sat on the floor thinking what should I do? Where do I go? Will I be in the same school with him or not? But he promised me.....our promise...

................................................

*Flashback*

I was walking down the hall to my next class, science! Ugh...great, wait to rain on my day.

“Hey” I heard a familiar voice that I hadn’t heard all day; I turned around “Jonghyun!” I said while smiling like an idiot. “What are you doing?”I asked, it was so unusual to see him during school time cause we had different classes.”I just wanted to ask you to go home with me” I said while showing the time. “Just that? Okay” I laughed and the bell rang “Oh no, I’m late. Annyeong Chingu” I said waving at him and running to the laboratory.

(After School)

“Haejung! Let’s go home” my best friend Hyunjoong called. ‘How can he be so fast? School just ended’ I thought cause he was in a different class. “Yah! Can you see that I’m reading?” Sooyoung, my other best friend said. She wasn’t in a good mood today so I decided to keep quiet while giving signals at Hyunjoong, but apparently he didn’t get it. “What’s the big deal?” he said while rolling his eyes. “I’m reading and you’re just shouting nonsense” Sooyoung fighted back. Oh No! It’s gonna turn ugly. I immediately cut their fighting by saying “I’m gonna go home with Jonghyun. Bye” I said heading to the school gate but all I heard was silence from both of them.

I saw a familiar silhouette near the gate “Hey!”Jumping in front of him “Oh! Hey!” he said “ready to go?” he asked me “of course! Today was soooo exhausting” and it was true cause I had a really boring and tired day of school “Mind telling me?” he said while giggling “Sure! But shouldn’t we head home first?”I said as I started walking. He hurried his steps and caught up to me in no time. “Hey, let’s go to the ‘tree’” he suggested with a happy face “Sure! I’m free” I was sure that he was happy for one thing.

We arrived in a few moments cause it was no so far from school. I put my bag aside and sad down. “It’s been so long” referring to the last time I came here “Yup” he laid down on the grass with his arms supporting his head. “So, what did you wanna talk about?” I closed my eyes felling the wind hitting my face. “I wanted to tell you that I’m applying to a boarding school.” He was calm “Where” I was so shock to ask anything else. “Gimpo Foreign Language High School” I swear that my eyes were about to fall out of their sockets.

“but don’t worry I will also apply for a school which I can go with you.” We started to decide where would be the best school and easiest for us to get in. We didn’t get any ideas where to go until it was 3 pm. “Seoul High School?” he said with a grumpy face “Sure!” I said and with that we took our bag and walked home “SO, it’s a promise, right?” he said while holding up his thumb.”Yup” we promised and I went into my house”  

*End of Flashback*

.................................................

I sat at the edge of my bed while holding a paper; it was an offer to enrol in Seoul High School. “What am I going to do?” I lay back onto the bed while kicking the air. “Mom doesn’t know about this. What am I to do?” I asked Miss Cuddles, which is a teddy bear given by my 4th grade class teacher (when I was 10). “am I gonna accept it or just reject it?” I took the pillow and screamed into it. It’s been 4 days since I got the offer but I am still waiting for the offer from another school. ‘Should I go to the same school with him. Should I call Sooyoung and Hyunjoong? It’s final.. I’m gonna visit them tomorrow.’ I went to sleep hugging Miss Cuddles and also the paper under my pillow.......

 

.........................................................................................

sorry for the short chap.. It's just that this week is chaotic.

My exams are on the 20th then 1 week break, and continuing with exams.

so I wont be updating as much. Sorry if any of you wanted a long update