Another Storm Along The Way

"Will I Ever Move On?"

 

“Hey! Look at that!” Onew suddenly said, making the three of us turn our heads towards the direction he was pointing. “Oh-My-God” all of us gasped at the scene playing in front of our eyes. Hongki’s sister, Minyoung sunbae, was clinging onto Taemin sunbae’s right arm and smiling the biggest smile I’ve ever seen on her face, while he was just looking at the floor. “ Are they.. dating?!” Onew said with a shocked expression. “Are they really having a date or am I just dreaming” .My eyes almost popped out from their sockets. “Someone, pinch me” Hongki said, shaking the both of us. “Umm.. guys, who is that, with Hongki’s sister?” Minho asked us. We sent each other a-‘What do we do? Tell him?’-look. We looked at each other panicly for awhile before “Uhm, care to explain what you guys are doing actually?” He looked at us quizzically. “Well..” I started. “Actually..” Onew continued. “You see..” Hongki looked from side to side. “ WE’RE ACTUALLY STALKING HIS/MY SISTER.” We whispered in unison.

    I was looking down at the ground when I heard a loud and low laugh. I looked up and saw Minho rolling on the ground clutching his stomach. “HAHAHAHA!” he continued laughing for several minutes. When I thought his laughter would die down, he laughed even louder, gaining attention of the people. “Let’s go.” I said but before I could leave, a hand gripped my wrist, preventing me to walk away. “What do you want, Minho?” I asked him, looking away. “Aw~ I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.”  “Sure.” I said, rolling my eyes before yanking my hand and mouthed the words ‘let’s go’ to the remaining two.

   But before  I could run away, I saw a group I didn’t want to see, so I turned around. “Why did I had to look back?” I sighed and looked at Hongki who had a sad expression. “Go.” I said, pushing him. “Your sister needs you more than me.” I gave him a forced smile. “Onew..” I called him before looking at the person beside me. “ Follow him.” I said. “But-“ before he could protest I gave him a push and turned away, walking the opposite direction slowly. I heard them calling me from behind but I ignored them. “ Good Luck!” I yelled and waved at them without looking back.

**************************************

   "Guess I’m alone.... AGAIN.” I sighed and sat on a bench nearby when I felt neither of them followed me. I rested my head on the bench and closed my eyes. I listened to all the beautiful sounds playing around me – children laughing, calm footsteps, birds chirping, trees rustling. Tears started to form in my eyes without realization.

   I didn’t know how long I stayed there but I heard a faint sound of a voice which was quite familiar to me. “Yo!” someone said into my ear, startling me. I opened my eyes looking at a tall figure in front of me. “For the last time, what do you want, Minho?” I said coldly, baring no emotions in my eyes. “Ice princess.” He whispered to himself. “Yah! I have ears too, you know?!” I rolled my eyes. “Sorry~” he gave me a sheepish smile. There was and awkward silence between the both of us. “Well. This is awkward.” He laughed forcefully. “Obviously.” I said and began to rise to my feet. “Wait!” he said as I started to walk away quickly.

   I was feeling angry to myself and to the whole entire world. “ Wait up!” He yelled and  ran up behind me. “Urgh!” I stopped and turned around. “ What do you want?!” I hissed at Minho, who had his hands on his knees, panting. “Are you crazy?! What will people think?!” I glared at him. “Ok, firstly, I am not crazy. Second, we can just tell them we’re friends.” He said. “More like a crazy stalker.” I mumbled under my breath. Unfortunately, he had heard me. “WHAT?! I AM NOT!” he said with his eyes wide, making them look bigger than they already were. “Yes, you are. If not, you wouldn’t be talking to me.” I said and just looked at him. “Well, I just- maybe- alright.. I just wanted to talk to you. You looked kinda – Well, lifeless.” He said softly. “Well, I’m sorry for being lifeless. I feel like no one understands me, alright?! I’m just a useless, emotional girl who’s not smart nor pretty or even rational.” I said.

   “I’m sorry, okay? But, when you walked away from us, I felt like something was wrong. You were so- so- so dull like a mannequin. I knew that somehow he was involved in this. He is my friend after all. You are too. As your friend, I think that- no, I need to be there and comfort you because of what he did to you. I just want you to know that the boys and I have got your back no matter what.” He said, comforting me. “ I walked away because I wanted privacy, not someone stalking me! I know you’re my friend and I thank you for that. But.. you’re also his friend and what he did to me just.. I.. I’m.. he.. URGH! “Why did I even bothered to talk to you?!” I said, frustrated. “Bye.” I got up and walked away fast because I didn’t want to break down.

------------------

   I was running for awhile when suddenly my feet froze. I saw someone’s back that seemed rather familiar to me about 3 meters away. I walked slowly towards the person. When I thought that I was in hearing distance, I stopped. My heartbeat increased rapidly, a sincere smile plastered on my face and my hand was in the air. “Jong..” I was about to call him when suddenly I heard a very girlish laugh coming from his direction. He moved a bit and I saw a glimpse of who was with him – Gyuri. My smile faltered turning into a thin line. My heart beat was still fast but not from excitement but from sadness and disappointment. My hand that was in the air slowly returned back to my side.

 

    I didn’t know how long I was there, standing, looking at them laughing, talking, smiling even the little things they did. I didn’t even notice the people around me. Suddenly, someone came up to me from behind. “ Hey, don’t go off running like that.” He held my shoulder. I felt something that I didn’t  want to feel. I tried to push the feeling away but the more I do, the more I can’t fight it. Tears started to well in my eyes without me realizing. “ Hey.” He shook me. I felt him panicking behind me. I laughed bitterly feeling quite stupid. Tears rolled down one by one while I was still laughing. “Haejung, are you alright?” Minho asked me which only earned silence from me. Tears rolled down my cheeks and my laughter turned into sobs. My hands did nothing – not even wiped the tears.

    I was about to see something I dreaded to see since then but luckily Minho turned me around and made me look at him. “Please, don’t cry.” He cooed making me laugh bitterly. “Let’s go.” He pulled me away from the scene in front of me.

*********************************

 

   I was still sobbing when he let me sit on the bench that was situated far from people. “Please, stop.” He said once more before joining me on the bench. “Just leave me alone.” I said to him, burying my face in my palms. “ No!” he said sternly – like my father. “GO!” I yelled at him, frustrated. “ No. I’m not gonna leave you here alone – not when you’re like this.” He said looking straight into my eyes – which I quickly turned away. “Please, tell me what you feel right now. You said that I’m your friend. So please, tell me.” He begged which made my dry cheeks wet again.

    I laughed like a mad person before answering what he just said. “No... Why – why  should I? You tell me, why I should tell you what I’m feeling – what I’m experiencing right now? You don’t know what I’m going through. No, no one knows what I’m going through.  I don’t even know if you’ll betray my trust, which is by telling you and you’ll tell the whole world my little secret. I seriously don’t know if I can trust anyone anymore after Jonghyun did the same thing numerous times behind my back! So just go and leave me alone..” The tears I held back when I was talking fell rapidly as i continued to cry. “Okay, i maybe don’t know what youre going through and i know you don’t trust me, but please let me be with you until I know youre in the safety of your house.” He said while caressing my back. I just nodded in reply.

 

***********************************

 

   We are now in front of the gate of my house after a long afternoon of Minho trying to cheer me up. “Well, we’re in front of my house now.” I said looking up at him. “Yeah, I guess it’s goodbye now.” He said. “I’m gonna see you again though.” I said and smiled at him. “Yeah, now go inside, before your parents get angry.” He said which is probably not true but I nodded anyway. “Now don’t cry anymore.” He said, ruffling my hair. “Okay.” I said  before he walked away. I sighed and looked at the gate again.

   I walked after I saw Minho’s back walk into the corner. I walked to the park I went this afternoon and walked to the end of the park. I went this afternoon and walked to the end of the park. It was 7pm and there are still a few people mostly families and couples. I went through the trees that kept our secret place hidden from others eyes. I looked around and it was still the same as it use to the last time I visited. The cliff gave a beautiful view of the whole town. Only now Jonghyun will never come here with me. I sat down at our tree – or used to be ours. I sighed and closed my eyes, imagining Jonghyun’s wide smile, loud laugh and his voice – his lovely voice wishing that he’s here with me. But all that vanish once I opened my eyes with the city lights welcoming me – not your smile. I wrapped my scarf tightly around my neck, feeling cold from the late-fall breeze.

   “You’re not here with me right now..” I sighed and looked up at the moon. “No. You’re never going to be here together with me.” I converted my attention to the now pictureless strings on the branches. “So much of having a future with you in it.” “I know, I’m not gonna be there cause you already have a replacement for me.” My eyes became teary.” Are my eyes leaking? They’ve been watery all day.” I asked myself. You usually asked me if I was crying , I thought. My heart felt like it will explode from disappointment. “I have to move on, right?” I felt tears flowing free from my eyes. “Because you already have a girlfriend who actually made you forget me, who was there for you.” I smiled knowing you’re happy. “I guess I have to move on and be happy ‘cause even if you’re not here with me, I’ll be happy if you are..” I pulled out a necklace that you gave me from my pocket. “Even if you forget me, I will always remember you.” I said and tucked the necklace back into my pocket ‘forever’ I smiled with tears streaming down my cheeks. “l’ll always will..”

 


____________________________________________________________

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update... I've been really stressed out lately with my friends and all .. And my Ideas have been freezed I guess.. Well I'm back for awhile cause my finals are near and I'm trying hard to study everything from last year- which is soo many for 9 subjects. I think that I wanna transfer to somewhere else because I'm having problems with my friends-not BFFs..

Hope you guys like this because when I saw just how long it was in the web...well  I was dissapointed cause I wrote 10 pages in my excercise book.. but at least its longer than before, right?

 

This chapter and poem below is my present for JKcashluv5 for always being supportive for me and I'm happy for her....

I'm sooo happy for you unni!!!!!! Congratulations!!! You're the best person I know here---Really :)

 

 

I have a surprise for ALL of my dear readers! *Confetti* 

I wanna show you guys the poem I wrote for my English Oral test for PMR next year (my other reason I couldn't write)

Hope you guys like this cause its my first time to actually make a real poem! I'm soo excited..

It actually has a relation to this story cause I had the same Idea for it..

Well this is for all my friends and to all who's willing to read my story!!

Well here it goes.........

 

 

    "A TRUE FRIEND"

 

 

I used to always think that I was different,

That I didn't deserve others attention and love,

Not even from the ones who were close to me,

I didn't deserve the happiness that was given to me,

Because of my thoughts about the past.

 

But it was you,

 The only one who stayed by my side,

Always there for me in my time of grief,

When everyone around me left,

One by one they left me alone,

You were the only friend I had and trusted.

 

You were the first person,

To take my hand and pull me back on my feet,

Helping me forget the pain in my heart,

Making me laugh and smile sincerely for the first tim in ages,

You made me open my eyes and realise,

That there were still people who support me,

That I wasn't alone in this world.

 

You were the friend,

Who gave me back my pride and self-esteem,

Giving colours to my dull and dark world,

You help me gain so many things,

Memories so precious to me,

Friends that are dear to my heart.

 

My friend,

When there's a day that I'm feeling down,

You're the only one who can brighten my day,

Because you're the only one who knows what to say,

So I won't feel lonely and return to my dull world,

You're always my shoulder to cry on.

 

You,

Who is always there when needed,

Always there with me through thick and thin,

Being there for me even if I'm being annoying,

You were always willing to listen to all my problems,

I felt loved and happy because...

You'd always there whenever I call.

 

I'm very proud,

To have a loyal and truthful friend,

Who's always with me in my time of need,

I know that what you did all this time,

Is for me to feel happy with my life and you succeeded,

I know because...

I now can bury the past and accept who I am.

 

Thank you,

For always being there,

When I needed you the most,

Even though I could be annoying and stubborn sometimes,

You'll always be happy or sad with me,

Most importantly for making me stand on my own two feet.

 

Without you,

I don't know where'd I would be right now,

Maybe I'll still be who I used to be back then,

You gave me hope knowing that someone actually cares,

Someone who will stand beside me throught everything,

And for all that you have done for me,

You deserve to be called,

A TRUE FRIEND....