Chapter 9

This Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 9

It was a bright Saturday morning yet Krystal isn’t up yet – it’s her habit to wake up very late at weekend when she’s still in America but she will work until late night in the weekend so it was actually worth it. But when the sunlight enters the room it made Krystal a bit uncomfortable and with that she woke up from her sleep. She groaned a bit as she sat up on her bed – because she actually still felt very sleepy. She looks at the clock and it shown 12.00 PM and she cursed herself of why would she wake up at 12 PM since it was very late. She got up from her bed before she headed towards the bathroom to take a shower.

The girl looks lifeless – a bit – because the black color under her eyes which made her seems so scary and intimidating. “At least my eye bags would be gone not like Tao.” She whispered to himself after she saw her eye bags. And after taking shower, she gets dressed casually. White t-shirt and white knee-length shorts. Krystal tied her hair into a bun and covers her eye bags with some powder – but only wear it lightly so no one would noticed it.

She comes down from her room and she can see that many of the maids is working – and Krystal bet that a few seconds more when the maids noticed her, they would bow 90 degrees like a formal bow. And yet what Krystal have bet is true – it’s fake, Krystal thought. “Good Morning, Miss.” One of the maids which name is Jung-ah greets her and she only fakes a smile. They act fake, so am I, Krystal thought to herself. She made her way to the kitchen, there she grab some bread and toast it and after finished making her toast bread, she locked herself in her room once again. Just then her phone rang.

“Hello?” Krystal greeted the other line without even looking at the caller ID. “Yeah, Krys-” The caller sounds familiar and without even seeing the caller ID she already knows who it is. “Vic? Why are you calling?” Krystal cut the other line. “I’ll tell you if you’re not going to cut me again.” Victoria said from the other line and Krystal kept shut.

KRYSTAL’S POV

“Okay… So I’m thinking of hanging-out with you right now.” Victoria told me from the other line. Wait, Hanging-out with Victoria? Well, that’s a good idea especially it’s Saturday and maybe we can go to the arcade – or maybe not. “So do you want to go out with me or not? I’m waiting, Krys.” Victoria breaks the silence between us since I keep thinking on my head, like now. “Sure, I’m on.” I told her and Victoria mumbled an ‘Ok’ from the other line.

“Great. Let’s met at your house at 2 PM, okay?” Victoria asked me. “Sure.” I agreed and Victoria said a ‘goodbye’ before she hung up the call. I look at the clock and when it shown 1 PM, I get panicked a bit. But it’s still 1 hour more but I’ll just get ready for it. I change my clothes – wearing something classier of course and I ended up wearing a white sweatshirt and denim jeans and my white boots.

As I heard a knock on her door, she quickly opens it and sure, it’s Victoria. “Wow, Krys. I never expect you to have such a big mansion even though I know your little secret.” Victoria told me and I just shook my head. “I know you also have a big mansion, Vic. Don’t try to lie to me, okay?” I joked and she only laughed. I found out that actually Victoria’s Family have a big company but it was hidden so I still didn’t know what kind of company it is but for sure, she’s rich.

“What lie? I have a big mansion but I can’t live there, so there’s no point. By the way, you ready?” Victoria asked as me as I start to pack my phone, wallet and more to my little bag. “Yes, I am.” I beamed and Victoria smiled. “You should be more alive like that, I’m serious.” Victoria told me with a laugh and I just laughed along. “Well, what about no?” I asked teasingly as we go downstairs and Victoria ignores it. And how can this kid lie to me about her being not rich?

“You drove a Lamborghini and you said that I’m living on a big mansion even when you know you’re mansion is way more large than mine.” I protested before I get inside the car. “Yours also amazing, Krystal.” Victoria commented. “Fine, whatever you want.” Krystal gave up.

-- (AUTHOR’S POV)

“When can I meet her? It’s been years since the last time I saw her.” The blonde-haired female told her assistant and the assistant only can shake his head. “I’m sorry, Miss. But it seems like you’re sibling still didn’t want to visit you.” The Assistant told the blonde-haired female as the latter sighed. She does miss her sibling, but when can she met her again? She’s optimist that her sibling hate her because maybe her sibling felt abandoned. She never wants to abandon her sibling, but the company was in danger so she left with no choice. And as time goes by, she forget about her existence and she regret that she had forget about her sibling’s existence in the world as she’s too busy handling the company.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter