Chapter 26

A fangirl's Story

 

You kept walking to the dorm instead of hiring a taxi as you needed sometime for yourself to think. Although you still had no idea about what was going on with Baekhyun, Luhan and Sehun, you clearly knew that you had been the reason why they were arguing with each other. Though you still had no idea how Baekhyun - who hadn’t even seen you in person, got involved in this - had something to do with you. As an obsessive fan of EXO, you never liked it when they had problems among the members. You never liked to see them fighting with each other. As now you had been the reason why they were acting like that, you decided that what you had done, was good. It was good that you had decided to leave them.

 

Flipping through Luhan’s photos in the tab, your mind went through the memories with him. When you were in your country, you had been dreaming for the moment you were going to see him, fantasying about talking with him. But you had never imagined being his designer : being a person that he knew, being a person who could see him every day. You had never once thought you would be lucky enough to stand as the person you were. Closing your eyes, you tried to go back to that moment where you saw him for the first time. Though you had thought you would scream when you saw him, you could remember all you really did was standing there like a stoned statue with your breathing and blood circulation stopped. A smile came to your face as you recalled the happy feeling you had on that moment. And it vanished as you remembered the day where he was dead sick on that morning. You grabbed your handkerchief Luhan returned to you with a thank you note, trying to imagine him gluing the little crystals on the handkerchief. You kept smiling as you remembered the flawless killing smile he passed to you when he gave the handkerchief to you. You almost died when he eye contacted you, and passed that smile with a wink to you. And the way he talked with you every morning and coming to the designing department was quite unforgettable. The way he taught you to solve the Rubik’s cube was the same. Your smile didn’t fade away, as you kept recalling those happy memories with him.

You tried to sleep, turning yourself over and over, but your head was too messy for you to sleep. Your mind was filled with scary feelings because you knew it was not a small thing, what was going on. All you knew about it was Luhan and Baekhyun were involved and Sehun was really angry about Luhan’s acts and he was in support with Baekhyun. You tried a lot of guesses but none of those met all the points well.

“Unnie.” Your train of thoughts were interrupted by Soeun’s knocking.

“Soeun-ah, ishigani busuniniriya?”


“Can I come in?”

“Of course, come in. You must be cold. Wait, let me prepare a cup of tea for you. Why are you here at this hour?” You kept her welcome going on, filling the kettle with water.

“Unnie…. Keu……” Soeun started talking but she wasn’t sure where to start.

“Nae, wae irae?”


“Unnie, there is a secret. Unnie can promise that unnie won’t tell anyone?”


“Hmm, only if it’s something that I can stay without telling anyone, then it’s ok. Your secret will be safe with me.” You replied adding tea and mint leaves to the kettle.

“Keugae, unnie know why I live in SM dorm?”


“Bwoh, jinjaro? You live in SM dorm?”


“Unnie didn’t know?”


“Anee, I thought you lived in the neighborhood. Thought you took care of the flowers because of that. If you live in the dorm……………why….. you……” You asked curiously.


“Rookie isseoyeo”


“Neo? Omo, you’re a rookie? You snobbish girl, didn’t even tell me. That’s so cute. I can’t imagine I’m friends with a rookie.”


“Hehee, unnie is not angry with me?”


“Angry? Anee, why would I be angry with you? You just told me the biggest secret of your life.” You said putting a smile as sweet as you could.

“Anee, I didn’t tell you before”


“Hehee, are you prohibited?”


“Hmmm, as I’m not officially introduced, I’m strictly advised not to tell others about what I am. Unnie, Keugae, ……….”


“Hmmmm? What Keugae? Here, drink this. Your body will warm up”


You took the stool sitting with her to drink the tea.

“What is it?”

“I don’t know whether what I’m doing right now is right or not. But I think unnie has to know that.”


“Know what?” You curiosity was growing up and up as Soeun showed a dislike to say that, as well as a desire.

“Keu…………….Baekhyun sunbae….” Soeun paused her words again.


“Baekhyun?”  Your heartbeat fastened as you knew there was something hidden about Baekhyun that you hadn’t been able to understand yet.

“I think Baekhyun sunbae likes you, unnie.”


“Baekhyun likes me?” Your jaw dropped in surprise.

“How could that even be possible, SoEun-ah? I have never once seen that person even. What are you talking about?”

“Unnie used to watch my flower pots almost every day, remember? Baekhyun sunbae has been watching you from up there in the building. I caught up his camera once, to find it filled with your photos. He has something towards you, unnie. You must be cautious. Try to avoid him. It might cause problems unnie. I know how it works inside that building and I don’t want unnie to have any troubles. I’ll be leaving now.” Soeun placed the tea cup on the table and stood up to leave the room.


You had no idea what to say or what to do as you were shocked to hear about what it had been about Baekhyun.


“Unnie.” Soeun turned to you again, just when you were about to close the door.

“I hope you can keep the two secrets I flipped out safely with you.”


“Nae, Keocheonghajima.” You faked a smile, covering the nervousness and scary feelings that were filling your mind.