No Different

In His Grasp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Young lady, where have you been? Do you know what time it is? And what is this about skipping school? It’s only the first day Semmi.” Mrs. Go scolded.

Semmi lowered her head, “Sorry mom. I was with Chanshik since he fainted today. Once he regained consciousness, he dragged us out of school.”

Mrs. Go took a deep breath.

“I see that Chanshik is no different from what he used to be, huh?” Mr. Go chuckled.

Semmi turned to look at her father, “It’s not funny dad. I seriously don’t know what I’m going to do with him. He’s such a child.”

“But he’s your friend, isn’t he?”

“Sadly my only friend. I don’t have any other friends because Chanshik scares them away.”

Mr. and Mrs. Go turned to exchange a look with each other.

“Maybe he likes you, sweetheart.” Mrs. Go patted her daughter’s hand that were on her lap.

Semmi turned to stare at her mother in horror, “What?! Chanshik likes me?! No way something like that would never happen. The only thing he likes is being able to control my life. He’s such a tyrant.”

“How are you so sure that he doesn’t like you, Semmi?” Mr. Go asked.

“Because it’s Chanshik. He’s never serious about anything. Plus, I’ve known him since I was eight. It’s been nine years now and if he did like me, he would have said so sooner.” Semmi reasoned.

“Then do you like him?” Mrs. Go asked with her brows raised.

Semmi scowled, “We already had this talk half a year ago and when I was nine, mom. My answer is still ‘no’.”

“Is there something you don’t like about Chanshik?” Mr. Go asked. “He’s a handsome boy, who’s smart and from a good family.”

“Dad, are you trying to set me up with Chanshik?” Semmi asked skeptically.

Mr. Go chuckled, “Of course not. How could I ever do that to my precious daughter?”

Semmi was still doubtful of her father’s words because since she first met Chanshik, her father and Mr. Gong tried their best to make Semmi and Gongchan ‘fall in love’ with each other.

For Semmi, she wasn’t very fond of the thought because who would ever fall in love with an abnormal freakishly childish overbearing handsome protective – oh wait, scratch those last three. But really, who would ever fall in love with an abnormal freakishly childish overbearing guy like Gongchan? Not Semmi.

However for Gongchan, it was a different story because Semmi didn’t know what Gongchan thought about her or anyone else as a matter of fact. Gongchan was a little mystery to her.

“Semmi, you should go to bed. It’s late and there’s school tomorrow.” Mrs. Go stated.

Semmi nodded as she stood up, “Goodnight.”

“Make sure you don’t skip school again.” Mr. Go chimed.

“Tell that to Chanshik not me, dad.” Semmi smiled before leaving the living room.

 

------

 

“Why is it still chilly when it’s the beginning of March?” Semmi grumbled.

“Because it’s still winter.” Gongchan’s voice replied.

Semmi turned to her left and her forehead smacked right into Gongchan’s chin for the second time in two days.

“Ow.” Gongchan rubbed his chin.

“Ah.” Semmi rubbed her forehead. “What’s your problem, Chanshik? You answer out of the blue and we get hurt like this.”

“You just need to stop asking questions.” Gongchan rotated his jaw.

“It’s a rhetorical question. I don’t literally want a reply.”

“Well that’s too bad.”

Semmi shook her head as she fixed her backpack strap, “What are you doing here?”

“Walking with you to school, what else?” Gongchan raised a brow like him being there was the more obvious thing ever.

“What about your car?”

“It left already.”

Semmi hummed in reply uninterested even though he answered her question.

“Semmi, can you help me with something?” Gongchan asked.

“What is it?” Semmi asked not glancing in Gongchan’s direction.

“Can you help me put on my uniform?”

Hearing that question, Semmi turned to Gongchan and saw that he barely had his school uniform on right. One thing she was glad that he had his pants on. If not she would have been in big trouble.

Semmi stopped and stepped in front of Gongchan with her brows creased together and a frown on her face, “Chanshik, aren’t you afraid of getting sick?”

“Nope.” He replied.

Semmi clicked her tongue as she began to button his shirt.

Yes it was and yes, he wasn’t wearing anything under so it was only bare skin.

Semmi didn’t immediately blush like any normal girl would when a handsome guy was practically half- in front of them. She was used to it because well it may sound a bit odd but since they first met, she’s been helping him put on his clothes just like now.

Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter