In His Grasp

In His Grasp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“We’ve decided that you two are going to get married since you two are so compatible for each other.” Mrs. Gong elaborated.

“W-What?” Semmi stared at the four adults in disbelief.

“So you guys finally decided that Semmi and I are going to get married?” Gongchan asked as if it was the most normal thing ever.

Semmi turned to look at Gongchan with furrowed brows.

Gongchan didn’t even give her glance as he continued on, “When did you guys finalize it?”

The four adults turned to look at each other before turning to Gongchan and Semmi.

“It’s been quite a while now since we’ve made our decision.” Mr. Gong replied.

Semmi’s eyes widened as she stared at the four adults in front of her. She didn’t know how to react to the situation at the moment. Was she was supposed to angry at her parents and Gongchan’s parents or was she supposed to accept the fact that she was going to marry Gongchan?

“Semmi, sweetheart.” Mrs. Go called snapping the younger girl out of her thoughts.

“Yes mom?” Semmi replied.

“What are your thoughts about this?”

Semmi swallowed as she turned to look at her parents and Gongchan’s parents. She could see the sparkle in their eyes saying that they hope her agrees with the marriage. She couldn’t help but throw a glance at Gongchan, who was just sitting there waiting for her answer.

“What do you say, Semmi?” Mr. Go asked anxious to know what his daughter thought.

“Um, well…” Semmi played with her fingers for she didn’t know how to reply to the adults.

“Did you guys already set a date?” Gongchan asked distracting the adults from staring at Semmi, who was still processing the information through her head.

“Well, we were thinking that if both you and Semmi agree to the wedding then we’ll do it after you two graduate that way there isn’t any complications.” Mrs. Gong replied.

Gongchan nodded with a small smile on his face, “I see.”

“What is your answer, Chanshik? Do you agree to the marriage proposal?” Mr. Gong asked.

Gongchan let out a low chuckle, “Of course I do. I’ve been in love with Semmi for the longest time ever.”

Upon hearing that, the four adults grinned from ear to ear. They were thrilled!

The only person who was shocked by the fact that Gongchan just totally confessed was Semmi. She didn’t believe her ears. They were just playing tricks on her, right? What she heard wasn’t real, right? This whole marriage thing was fake, right?

“I knew it!” Mrs. Gong giggled. “I always had this feeling that you loved Semmi, isn’t that right honey?” She turned to her husband, who chuckled.

“What about you, Semmi?” Mrs. Go turned to her daughter anxiously waiting for her daughter to say the same thing as Gongchan did.

Semmi blinked at her parents biting her lip, “Um.”

“Mom, dad, omomnim, abeonim, could I have some time to talk to Semmi about this?” Gongchan asked having the four adults turn their attention to him.

The four adults turned to look at each other before turning back to Gongchan.

“Alright, we’ll let the two of you talk this before making any more decisions.” Mr. Gong stood up from him seat. Mrs. Gong followed along with Mr. and Mrs. Go.

“Then we’ll be in the other room talking among ourselves.” Mrs. Gong smiled as the four adults left the living room leaving Gongchan and Semmi alone.

Once they were alone, Semmi heaved a deep breath.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter