It's Been Decided

In His Grasp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The car ride to the Gong mansion was torturously awkward and quiet, too quiet that is. Both Gongchan and Semmi hated it because it was so darn awkward. They didn’t know whether they should speak up first or let the other speak first. It was a hard decision.

The chauffeur kept glancing in the rearview mirror to look at Gongchan and Semmi. He saw how the two of them didn’t talk but they kept stealing glances at each other making it so obvious that they wanted to speak to one another but didn’t know how.

 “We’re here.” The chauffeur announced as he stopped the car in front of the steps to the mansion.

Both Semmi and Gongchan looked out the window. The ride sure was fast and they were glad because the silence in the car was killing them.

Opening the doors, Gongchan and Semmi climbed out of the car. Of course Gongchan made his way into the mansion for it was his home and Semmi just slowly made her way towards the mansion because the last time she was there was when she left in the middle of the night and that was only last night.

Taking a deep breath, Semmi carefully followed after Gongchan because they weren’t on talking terms so she kept a distance.

“Welcome back young master.” The maids and butlers bowed as Gongchan walked passed them.

Semmi swallowed hard as she stepped into the mansion. The maids and butlers gave her soft smiles as they bowed in greeting, “Welcome Miss Semmi.”

Semmi felt a big weight lift off her chest because the maids and butlers didn’t make anything awkward for her so she was glad. However, she was worried about Gongchan because now he was nowhere in sight. It was as if he disappeared into thin air.

“Young master went up to his room. Would you like to follow?” One of the butlers’ asked.

Semmi quickly shook her head, “No it’s okay. I’m sure he’s tired from school. I’ll just be in the living room waiting for my parents.”

The butler nodded as Semmi made her way to the living room where it was quiet. Heaving a small sigh, Semmi set her backpack on the couch and sat down next to it. She was exhausted and felt like taking a nap but she couldn’t do that when her parents were coming. Plus, Gongchan’s parents were coming home as well.

“Would you like some water Miss Semmi?” A maid stepped into the living room.

Semmi straightened up and turned to the maid with a small smile, “I would like that. Thank you.”

The maid bowed and left the living room leaving Semmi alone. It didn’t take long before the maid came back in with a glass cup of water. “Here you go, Miss Semmi.” She set the glass cup on the table.

“Thank you.” Semmi thanked as the maid bowed and left the living room again.

Grabbing the glass cup, Semmi gulped down half the cup. She didn’t know whether she was thirsty or not but she gulped down the rest of the cup. Setting it back down on the table, Semmi wiped with the back of her hand and leaned back into the couch.

“This is so awkward.” Semmi heaved a small sigh as she bite her lip. “No, I can’t mope around like this. I need to do something to forget about this awkwardness.” Standing up, Semmi started to walk around the living room.

Walking around was making her feel a little better but it wasn’t much help. Her mind was still floating back to Gongchan and it was slowly killing her on the inside because she really wanted to go up and talk to Gongchan but being her stubborn self she wasn’t going to do it.

Semmi was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice the two figures standing in the living room watching her pace back and forth mumbling to herself.

“Semmi.” A gentle voice called.

Upon hearing her name, Semmi stopped and turned to look at the entrance of the living room. Standing there was Gongchan’s parents with big smiles on their faces.

A smile immediately spread across Semmi’s face as she ran up to them and hugged them, “Omonim. Abeonim.”

Mr. and Mrs. Gong laughed as they hugged her back. Semmi pulled back with a small giggle.

“How are you doing, Semmi dear?” Mrs. Gong asked.

“I’m fine. How about you, omonim?” Semmi asked.

“Very healthy.” The older woman replied.

“Are you not going to ask about me?” Mr. Gong chuckled.

Semmi turned to Mr. Gong, “How are you, abeonim?”

“Very well thank you for aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter