No Talk

In His Grasp
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“It’s so nice being able to finally talk to you like this.” Hyeri beamed.

Semmi smiled softly, “Yeah.”

“Because you and Chanshik were always together it was hard to talk to either of you. Of course I’m not saying that it’s easier to talk to you guys now because you guys aren’t together but I just never expected it to be this easy to talk to you, do you know what I mean?” Hyeri tilted her head to the side really wanting Semmi to understand her point of view.

“Uh, yeah. It’s really nice to finally talk to others. I’ve always wanted to speak with the class. Although I have spoken to some people from time to time.” Semmi replied

“But it’s different though, isn’t it? I mean talking from time to time and always talking are two different things you know. Being able to talk to you now is something I really like. I’m glad that we’re talking and when you and Chanshik make up again I hope that we’ll still be able to talk.”

“Yeah, I hope so too.”

“Do you think you’d like to hang out after school today?”

Semmi bite her lip. She didn’t know what to answer Hyeri because earlier before she left the house her parents had told her that they were going to have dinner at Gongchan’s house and that she should go home with him since they go to school together but they weren’t on talking terms right now so she didn’t know what to do.

“Um, actually I have somewhere to go right after school.” She replied.

Hyeri pouted, “Aw, that’s too bad. There was a new ice cream shop that opened up close to school.”

“Sorry but maybe next time.”

“It’s okay. You can’t help but be busy, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Having lunch with you is good enough for me. I’m really glad that we had lunch together today.”

“Me too. Having someone to talk to during lunch is always something good.”

Hyeri nodded her head, “It sure is. It isn’t so lonely because eating by yourself isn’t the best thing ever.”

Hearing that Semmi grew guilty of having Gongchan eat lunch alone. She should have left after him and ate lunch with him. Even if he didn’t want to talk to her, they could have still ate lunch in silence. There didn’t need to be any words exchanged between the two.

“Having someone there really is better than eating alone, huh?” Semmi pressed her lips into a thin line.

“It certainly is. I personally hate eating alone because it’s so lonely especially when you have a big area to yourself. I hate that the most.” Hyeri shuddered.

Semmi bite her lip as she looked around the classroom. Gongchan was nowhere in sight. Her eyes traveled to the clock on the wall and saw that lunch would be over soon so where was Gongchan? Was he stuck somewhere all by himself? Did he eat alone? What did he have for lunch? Did he even eat?

So many questions were running in Semmi’s head because she was worried about him. Yes, she admits that she’s worried about him because never in their school years have they eaten separately like this before.

Semmi really just wanted to get up and go look for Gongchan. She didn’t care about their stupid argument anymore. She didn’t care whether she and Gongchan were going to get married or whatever, she just wanted him to not be lonely because she knows for a fact that he would be lonely without her.

Just when she was about to stand up because she was tired being worried about Gongchan, the said latter stepped into the classroom like nothing happened. Actually, he looked a little ticked off for some reason but no one knew of course.

Semmi shifted in her seat so that she was looking away from him but that didn’t help her curiosity. She had so many questions to ask him but it would be awkward for her to suddenly bombard him with her questions when they weren’t on talking terms at the moment.

The sound of his chair sliding back caught Semmi’s attention. She bite her lip from turning around and speaking to him because she knew for sure that if she didn’t stop herself at that moment then she was just going to embarrass herself and she really didn’t want to do that.

Hyeri glanced at Semmi, who was trying her best to ignore Gongchan then she turned to look at Gongchan, who looked like he was in a bad mood. Hyeri frowned seeing how Semmi and Gongchan were interacting with each other. She didn’t like the fact that they weren’t talking because she was their biggest fan. She was a big ChanMi fan.

She leaned forward towards Semmi and whispered, “Aren’t you going to talk to him?”

Semmi turned to look at her blinking, “What?”

“You look like you really want to talk to him so why don’t you do it?”

Semmi swallowed and shook her head, “I don’t want to talk to him.”

Hyeri narrowed her eyes at the girl in front of her, “Don’t lie to me. I know that you want to talk to him. I’m sure he does too. It’s just so sad seeing the two of you not talking. Plus, it’s so much better when you guys are smiling and laughing than frowning.”

“We don’t smile and laugh when we’re together. We argue.” Semmi defended.

“Like that makes a difference. You guys are always smiling so it doesn’t really matter.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter