The break up

FATE

Jackson POV

 

The fireworks were exploding beautiful colours above us. We sat down on a nearby bench to watch the fireworks and rest for a bit before heading home.

 

This is it. If I want to confess this is the perfect time.

 

I cleared my throat to get rid of the nervousness.

 

I took a deep breath before saying “Miya.. Instead of a dare I have a favour instead.”

Miya looked a little hesitant but said “Sure, I guess we can change the rules. I mean rules are made to be broken right?”

 

I took another deep breath in and out before continuing. I stared into her sweet innocent eyes.

 

“Promise me that whatever happens next we’ll still be friends no matter what.”

“Err.. Okay…” she said sounding concerned.

 

I rubbed the back of your neck and stared at your shoes momentarily. I could feel my heart thumping fast and heavily against my chest. My stomach clenched into a ball. I wanted to tell her how i felt but at the same time I was scared to see how she would react. I bit my lip and gathered courage to finally say “I like you.”

 

Miya’s eyes widened in shock. I don’t think she expected me to say something like this or even so soon. 

 

“I.. I’m sorry..” she began to say stuttering keeping her eyesight away from me, “I have a boyfriend already.”

“I know…” I mumbled.

 

Miya POV

 

You flopped down onto my bed after a hectic day. Your emotion metre was about to explode. You felt happy, angry, frustrated, sad, shocked and sympathetic all in one day.

 

Maybe I should break up with Wes and accept Jackon’s confession.

 

To be honest, you felt closer to Jackson than you do with Wes. There was just something between you and Jackson that drew you two together like magnets. Just when you were about to close your eyes to wash away your thoughts your phone began to ring. You let out a sigh and picked it up.

 

Phone: Hana

Hello?

Heyyy ~

Hi.

Why do you sound so lethargic?

I’m just tired that’s all.

From all the fun with Jackson?

Ha. Yeah…

Well you don’t really sound like it.

 

You let out a discouraged sigh.

 

What’s wrong?

You hesitated before saying - If I tell you, promise you won’t freak out or tell anyone.

Okay, I promise.

So today I went with Jackson to Luna Park and at the end of the day, he confessed to me - you said as you held your breath.

 

There was a short silence.

 

Wow. I don’t know what to say. Does he know you’re going out with Wes? What did you say to him?

I told him that I already have a boyfriend.

Oh I see… But -

But I’m not sure I made the right decision.

Why is that?

Wes asked me to hang out today.. during his lunch break.

He did that? Girl, you should break up with him. How many nights have you cried yourself to sleep? He doesn’t even treat you like his girlfriend. Even if he’s inexperienced, he can’t be THAT clueless.

I really don’t know what to do… I can’t just break up with Wes. Everyone will think I’m playing around with him but I feel like if I continue to pretend I still like him it’ll be really unfair to him. The thing is.. it feels so different when I'm hanging out with Wes compared with Jackson. I don’t know…

You don’t need to worry about other people. It’s between the two of you. No one else. You should talk to Wes to get your feelings sort out.

Yeah.. Maybe I should.. But what do I say?

I think the best thing to do is to write what you feel and send it to him. Then just wait for his reply.

Okay.

I’ll be here no matter what.

 

After you got off the phone with Hana you began to type you message to Wes. It took you a while to write out your complicated feelings and thoughts. You decided to end the message with ‘I think we should break up.’ You held your breathe, closed your eyes and gathered the courage to hit enter.

 

After a few minutes, you received a message from Wes.

 

 

Text message: Wes <3

Wow. That took me a while to read.. I didn’t know you felt that way. I thought teasing you about other guys was funny. It really didn’t mean anything beside it being a joke.

I didn’t exactly find that “joke” funny.

But I guess, if you really feel that way I can’t do anything about it.

 

Can’t he even say that he still loves me and doesn’t want to break up?

 

Can I just ask you one thing? Do you still have feelings for me?

I really don’t know… I’m just so confused right now. You never take the initiative to talk to me anymore or even ask me out on dates. All you ever say is do you want to hang out? And it’s always when you have free time or during your breaks. Why am I the one that always has to make time for you?

I guess that’s a no. If you want to break up, I’ll agree to it.

 

Tears started to trickle down you face.

 

Can’t he try and hang on to me? Maybe I’ll give in if he does.

 

You took a deep breath to calm yourself down before you made the decision to type in your next words.

 

I think we should break up.

Okay. I hope all goes well in the future.

 

You burrowed your face into your pillow, with tears streaming down your face. You felt slight relief that you were finally being honest with Wes. But most of all, you felt relieved that you confronted your true feelings. You couldn’t stop lying to yourself about non-existent feelings you had for Wes.

 

You picked up your phone and texted Hana.

 

Text message: Hana

I broke up with him.

Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?

I’m happy.

 

At least I think I am.

 

A/N: I know I said I'd upload once a week but since I've written a few chapters already I guess I could upload more often ^.^ As long as I don't get toooo ahead of myself coz whenever I finish a chapter I tend to want to upload it straight away =_='' so yeah... Hope you liked this chapter ~ Please comment because it just makes my day and keeps me motivated! :') x