It's complicated

FATE

You walked up to the rest of GOT7 who were standing by the door.

 

“Where are you going for your schedule?” you asked.

“Back to JYP for a recording,” answered JB.

 

You nodded.

 

“So what did you forget in Jackson’s room?” asks Jr.

“Huh? Oh..” you stuttered as you were caught off guard, “just something he borrowed when he was in Sydney.

 

You subconsciously touched the angel necklace sitting on your collar bone.

 

“Miya, do you want to come to the recording with us?” the manager asked.

“Would that be okay? I don’t want to be a bother,” you answered.

“Of course not. Maybe you’ll get some inspiration from their other songs.”

“Please Noona ~” Yugyeom begged.

“Mmm.. Okay then,” you smiled.

 

Jackson stomps out into the lounge room and Mark following him with a confused look on his face.

 

“Aren’t you leaving?” Jackson asked with a cold tone.

“You wish I was, Jackson Oppa,” you said as you poked your tongue out, “Gaja, Yugyeomie.”

 

Yugyeom blushed beside you as Jackson beamed with a grin. You all headed out to the car to go to the JYP building.

 

***

 

You arrived with GOT7 at the recording room. Everyone hurried in squeezing through the door. Since you were a tad smaller than GOT7, you got pushed to the back of the huddle. You decided to stop and wait for the rest to go in first when you felt a hand on your lower back. You were a bit startled by the gesture but when you saw that it was Jackson who was beside you, your heart relaxed.

 

“Come on angel, let’s go in. We don’t want to be late,” he whispered with a gentle smile.

 

You nodded, keeping your head down to hide the secret smile that had appeared.

 

“Oh, Miya-shi. Nice of you to join us here,” Sanghyun said reaching out his hand.

You shook his hand and replied, “I hope I won’t be interrupting.”

“Oh no it’s perfectly fine,” he assured.

 

You sat down on the couch beside Mark who gave you a shy smile. You think you may have scared him off with ‘Oppa’ joke. You bit your lip not knowing what to do. While you were in deep thought, Sanghyun handed out sheets of paper and started discussing the song with GOT7. You took your sketchbook and a few pencils out of your bag and began working on the outfit designs. You were so immersed in your work that you didn’t even know that it was Jackson who was sitting beside you now until he poked your shoulder a few times.

 

“Hmm?” you looked up feeling slightly annoyed that you were being disturbed.

“Hmm?,” Jackson copied you, “that’s how you answer your Oppa?”

 

You scoffed.

 

“Technically, I’m a fast 95-liner so that makes us friends,” you corrected him.

He held his hand against his chest, “Miya-shi, it hurts to know you don’t want to call me Oppa,” he sulked.

 

You smirked and leaned forward.

 

“I’m very sorry that my unintentional actions hurt your feelings, Jackson Oppa,” you said seductively with a whisper.

“Well you’re in luck because I’m verrryyy nice,” he winked.

“Jackson, it’s your turn,” Sanghyun called out.

“Yes, coming!” he said enthusiastically as he stood up and headed to record his part.

 

Sh*t…

 

You panicked and glanced around the room when the realisation hit you. You totally disregarded the fact that you weren’t alone with Jackson. The rest of GOT7 and their producer was there too. Your throat began to feel dry as you swallowed. You kept your head down trying to concentrate on your sketchbook while your eyes scanned the room to see if anyone was looking in your direction. You were about to breathe a sigh of relief when Youngjae caught your eye. He stared back at you and smiled as if he had seen something he wasn’t supposed to. And that something would be the little thing between Jackson and you. He causally walked over and sat in Jackson’s now empty seat. He turned his body so that it was directly facing you. He placed his arm on the back of the couch and rest his head in his hand. He squinted his eyes as if he was inspecting you. You blinked back a couple of times, not sure what he was up to.

 

“Noona. Are you in a some relationship with Jackson hyung?”

“So…Some relationship?” you stuttered.

 

He nodded.

 

Was I? I mean he didn’t even tell me that he has feelings for me. He never said I love you right? All he ever said was I missed you. We don’t even hook up so we are definitely not friends with benefits.

 

“Of course I know you and hyung haven’t really progressed to that stage right..? But you like each other, don’t you?” he said as if he read my mind.

 

Do I? Do I like Jackson? I mean we’ve been flirting back and forth but does it mean something? Does it mean anything to him? He hasn’t told me if he has a girlfriend or not.

 

“Noona, we have strict protocols when it comes to dating. So even when we were a trainee and especially now, it’s hard for idols to date,” Youngjae said once again as if he was reading your mind, answering your curiosities.

 

You sighed in your mind.

 

Me, dating? What are chances… We had a complicated past, and now, complicated present and it certainly wasn’t going to get easier for the future. Maybe we were in a some relationship… I just wasn’t aware of it.

 

“But you never know what’s going to happen right?” he smiled.

 

Yeah, like that’s going to matter. After this I’ll be back in Sydney and he’ll be here continuing to pursue his dreams. It’ll end up in a disaster like 3 years ago.

 

“Trust me Noona, Jackson’s crazy about you. I’ve never seen someone who could bring Jackson’s mood from rock bottom to sky high then back to rock bottom again. That’s how much he cares about you. Tell me you’re the same.”

 

You stayed silent for little longer.

 

“I.. I really don’t know…” you mumbled.

“Someone will always get hurt in some relationships,” Youngjae said quietly as he placed a hand on your shoulder before going back to JB to continue practicing their parts.

 

Family, friend or lover. Relationships hurt either way.

 

A/N: Hi All ^.^ Sorry t's a short cahpter but I wanted to post something since it's been so long. I've been very busy with finals and writer's block but I think I've got it all sorted now. To those woh don't know what a some relationship is, it's basically where you have feelings for each other but haven't really started in the 'dating' stage yet. Some people might consider it as hooking up, friends with benefits, no strings attached etc. but I like to think of it as more PG-rated lols. Also, someone mentioned that they didn't like the font, so I changed it for this chapter. Comment below which one you prefer and I hope you liked this chapter :) Have a great week ~ x