Confession

FATE

The both of you headed towards the next attraction ride. You had the opportunity to choose the ride this time. The Viking! While you were waiting in line your phone buzzed with a text message.

 

Text message: Wes <3

Hey, what are you doing now?

I’m just out with a friend.

City?

Yeah. Why?

Do you want to meet up? I’m on break now for an hour.

 

Heol! He wants me to hang out for an hour and then he’s going back to work?! He has got to be kidding me. I mean of course I want to see him but it seems like he’s using me to fill up his time.

 

You let out a deep breath causing Jackson to ask you “what’s wrong?”

“Oh it’s nothing,” you lied.

 

Oh nah. It’ll be really slack to dog him.

 

You hoped that Wes would take special attention to the word ‘him.’

 

Yeah, wouldn’t want to ruin all the fun you’re having with HIM. You’ve probably forgotten that I exist since you’re so popular with the boys now. Enjoy ~

 

Really? That’s his reply?! Aish!

 

You switched your phone off and shoved it to the bottom of your bag.

 

Jackson and you boarded the ship. The both of you were sitting at the very tip of the ship. You hoped that wind would whirl your thoughts away along with it. 

 

Not long after the viking ship began to swing gently, it started to swing almost vertically. Both you and Jackson had your arms up in the air, screaming like crazy. The swinging motion of the ship made your heart skip multiple beats. You looked at Jackson to steal a look at his eye-and-mouth-wide expression. You immediately bursted into laughter because his expression was purely priceless. Jackson tapped your arm impatiently to gain your attention. You could only look at him for a split second before exploding with unstoppable giggles. As your laughter began to decline so did the ship.

 

As soon as you got off the ride, Jackson asks “why were you laughing?”

“Because your expression was just way toooo funny,”” you said in between small hiccups of giggles.

“YA!,” he said as he stomped his foot, “it was scary okay?”

“Mhmm ~” you nodded, “Let’s go get some lunch. I’m so hungry.”

 

You sat down with a plate of food in the nearby cafeteria. You ordered fish and chips and Jackson ordered a burger with chips on the side. He picked up a chip and gestured for you to eat it. You felt you cheeks heat up.

 

“Ah no it- it’s really fine.”

“Whyyy ~” he whined, placing the chip closer to your lips.

 

You finally gave in and took a bite of the chip and smiled before beginning to eat the food off your own plate.

 

After filling your stomachs to the maximum, you decided to walk around and play some sideshow games. You stopped in front of the Balloon Buster booth and smirked.

 

You turned to Jackson and said “whoever pops the most balloons has to do a dare that the other person gives. You up for it?”

He smiled in agreement and said “I’m really good at this game so you better be prepared!”

 

You took a dart and aimed carefully before using all your strength to throw the dart.

 

*POP*

 

“YES!!” you jumped in the air flinging your arms up.

“Psh! That’s nothing.” he said, showing his competitive side.

 

Jackson threw his dart aiming it the sky blue balloon.

 

*POP*

 

“See? Pro right here,” he points to himself.

 

You shook your head as if you say you’re too shameless.

 

The both of you threw your darts and it was a tie at the moment. You and Jackson only had your last dart to throw. You gulped at the tension between the two of you. You and Jackson held up your last dart at the same time.

 

*POP*

 

Jackson threw his arms up ecstatically, a balloon had popped for him. You looked at your dart to see it had only hit the back board, popping no balloons. You dropped you head and frowned. You had lost the game.

 

“YAYYYY!!” Jackson screams as he gallops in a small circle around you.

 

The show employee interrupted Jackson’s small celebratory dance by saying “Congratulations on your win. You can pick any of the prizes from the top row.”

“Thank you. I’ll take that one please.”

 

You still had your head down when suddenly you felt something white approaching you. You looked up and collided with something that was soft and furry. You took a step back to identify what it was. Jackson had chosen a gigantic white teddy bear as the prize for the Balloon Buster game.

 

“This is for you” he said with a sweet smile.

You blinked blankly a few times before saying “Oh no, you were the one who won it it so you should keep it.”

“No ~ I want you to have it. As my token of appreciation.”

 

You squinted your eyes and eyed him suspiciously.

 

“This seems like a compensation for the dare you’re about to say…”

“What? I would never,” he laughed.

 

Still a little suspicious of Jackson’s plans, you took the teddy bear into your hands and gave it a big cuddle.

 

“Thank you,” you said sincerely, “I love it. We should give it a name.”

 

Jackson thought carefully then said after a few moments, “how about Miyonnie? Miy from Miya, On from Jackson.

 

You smiled at the cute and meaningful name.

 

“I like that. It’s very cute.”

 

After a day long of rides, games and food the both of you were exhausted. You sat down on a bench nearby to give your legs a rest and watch the beautiful fireworks. You took out your phone and turned it back on. Zero messages and missed calls. You were hoping that Wes would at least message you saying ‘how much he missed you and that he was sorry for what he said.’ Most of all you wanted him to say ‘I love you.’ Your train of thought was interrupted by Jackson clearing his throat.

 

“Miya… Instead of a dare I have a favour instead…”

“Sure, I guess we can change the rules. I mean rules are made to be broken right?” you joked nervously trying to ease the awkward and tense atmosphere.

 

He looked into your eyes. His bright glittery eyes turned into a serious charismatic gaze. You have never seen this side of Jackson before. You were a bit taken aback by it.

 

“Promise me that whatever happens next we’ll still be friends no matter what.”

“Err.. Okay…”

“I like you.”

 

You weren’t expecting Jackson to say that. You wanted to joke it off but seeing how serious Jackson was, you knew you couldn’t. You took a deep breath and said…

 

A/N: Hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter ~ ^.^ I feel like something's finallyyyy happening in this ff +.+ Thanks for staying with me for the past chapters of this boring ff :)) A looot of things are going to happen in the next few chapters :3 x