It was all a dream...

FATE

Jackson POV

I sat down on some seats that were outside of the surgical room and took out my phone. There was no text from Hana. I thought Hana would’ve wanted to know which hospital Miya is in or how her condition is. But there was nothing. I decided to text her about Miya’s current condition.

 

Text message: Hana

Hey, Thanks for the number.

Miya is in a surgery right now at St. Andrews hospital. She was in a car accident.

I’ll text you again when her surgery finishes. Don’t be too worried.

 

I waited and waited with Miya’s parents in front of the surgical theatre. I clasped my hands.

 

Stay strong Miya…

 

We continued waiting silently, knowing that Miya would definitely get through this. The night grew long as sat in silence. I eventually drifted off to sleep without knowing.

 

***

 

I was woken up by some whispering then quick footsteps. I opened my eyes to see Miya’s parents standing in front of me. Mr Chan stood by Mrs Chan supporting her as she began to tear up. I immediately got up, sensing something was wrong.

 

“Is everything okay? Did the surgery go well?”

“Surgery went considerably well. We will have to wait until her anaesthesia wears off.”

 

I nodded.

 

“Do you mind taking care of Miya. We’ll have to pack some clothes and everyday things for Miya.”

“No, please don’t worry. Miya will be in good hands.”

 

***

 

I sat down beside Miya who was still unconscious. I placed my head down next her her cold hand.

 

I love you Miya. Stay strong.

 

I held her hand tightly as my eyes began to tear up. The tears built up along the rim of my eyes before dropping onto the bed.

 

Miya POV

The morning sun shone through the windows, lighting up every corner of the room. You slowly gained consciousness, as you opened your eyes. You looked around your surroundings wondering where you were. The last thing you remembered was lying on the chilling ground and hearing Jackson screaming your name. The whole room was white. The walls, the curtains, the door. You noticed something on your hand. You lifted your head sightly and saw Jackson sleeping with his head against your hand that he held tightly. You smiled seeing him sound asleep.

 

“Jackson, Jackson,” you called him softly.

 

Jackson POV

I heard a voice call my name.

 

“Jackson, wake up now.”

“MIYA!” I shot up.

 

But to my disappointment, Miya was still lying peacefully on the bed.

 

“Jackson, are you okay?”

 

I looked up and saw that it was Miya’s father.

 

It was all a dream…

 

“Ah, yes. I’m fine.” I said as my eyes drifted back to Miya.

“You should go home and get some rest. Miya will be fine here.”

 

I nodded reluctantly, still keeping my eyes on Miya.