Two silhouettes

FATE

You got into the car with the rest of GOT7 and sat in between Jackson and Mark. They sang and danced in the car with great excitement. Even though they worked hard in order to achieve their dreams, in the end they were just living their lives the way they wanted to. Not long later, you had arrived at their building and everyone got off to head up to their dorm. You followed closely behind them and entered the dorm. Some of GOT7 walked to the kitchen whilst others lingered around with you as you walked into the lounge room. There was a large chocolate brown couch shaped like an L against one side of the wall, and a large plasma TV on the opposite. The interior was simple and clean. You looked over at the kitchen. The kitchen matched the lounge room. The benches and cupboards were a dark browny-grey. There was also a a large glass table for about 10 in front of the kitchen benches. JB walked over with a couple of menus from various restaurants in his hand.

 

“What do you want to eat Miya?” he said as he handed you the menus.

“What do you usually order?” you asked.

“Jajangmyeon, fried chicken, jjamppong things like that.”

“Let’s get those then. I haven’t had the chance to try anything since I came,” you smiled.

“Okay!” he grinned as he took back the menus.

 

Your eyes looked around curiously as you stood in the lounge room awkwardly.

 

Jackson grabbed up by the elbow and headed towards the corridor where you assumed led to their rooms.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll show you my room before anyone notices,” he whispered.

 

You tagged along behind him, as he guided you, his hand around your wrist. His room was the furthest on the right. His door was white with a simple wooden sign that had “WANG” carved on it. Although his room was smaller than the other one’s you saw, when you took a quick glance inside as you walked passed, but it was very neat and tidy. Assuming he was a guy, his room would be pretty messy but to your surprise it was the exact opposite. As you walked in, to your right was a two level hanger filled with clothes. Most were black and white but you spotted some colours among it. Next to the clothes hanger, in the corner was shoe boxes stack to the ceiling. You never knew until today that Jackson liked the collect shoes. In the corner was a bed fitted with bleached-white sheets. At the end of the bed, was a table with a computer. Your eyes moved up along the wall. You were in awe. Starting from the top corner and going across, was lines of polaroid photos. You took a few steps to get a better look. Since there were only about 5 rows, which was still a lot of polaroids, you had to go on your tippy toes to read the writing under the photo. You were amazed by this wall.

 

“They were just moments that I wanted to capture. One day I want to fill this whole wall,” Jackson said as he walked up next to you.

 

 

Your eyes were completely captured by the simplicity yet warmth that the wall was able to encapsulate. You moved to the next picture, when you wobbled on your tippy toes, almost falling over. Jackson held you by the shoulder to stop you from falling.

 

“Thanks,” you mumbled, hoping it was loud enough for him to hear because you were too embarrassed to say it again.

 

Once you found your balance again, something on the table caught your eye. Placed in a photo frame by the computer were two polaroids side by side. One polaroid was of a male silhouette facing the right against the sunrise. The other polaroid was of a female silhouette facing the left, against the same sunrise. You picked it up slowly with your eyes still set on the photo. You noticed that there was a gold heart drawn in the middle of the two polaroids.

 

 

 

 

“This..” you began to say.

 

Jackson’s eyes widened. He tried to snatch it off you over your shoulder but you were quick and dodged it. You ran over to the bed and sat on the edge. Your eyes glittered as your smile beamed.

 

“You still have this?” you asked with a hint of excitement and in a way that would ease the awkwardness.

 

But your insides was basically a mess. Your legs were shaking which was why you had to sit down. Butterflies in your stomach, fluttered about causing your stomach twist and turn. Your heart was beating fast against you chest. You could feel your cheeks heat up but hoped that it wouldn’t show through with a bright apple red colour.

 

“Uh.. yeah…” he said as he fiddled with his foot against the leg of the table.

You sighed, “I miss Sydney. I miss the bright summer days.”

“You? You didn’t even want to get up. I had to basically drag you out of bed,” he said as he walked over and sat next to you.

“Well it was YOU that wanted to see the sunrise wasn’t it?” you teased.

“Hey! You said you liked it too!” he scrunched his face into a frown.

 

You pouted and playfully glared at him.

 

“Don’t forget I took this photo for you,” he said. “It took foreverrrr to get it right.”

“Well if you hate it so much I’ll take it back,” you huffed.

“No! I’m keeping this forever!” he tried to snatch it away from you.

 

You dodged holding the photo in the air behind you. Jackson leaned in trying again to take the the photo from you. You lost your balance and fell back onto the bed, dragging Jackson with you as you held on to his shirt for balance, but failed. Jackson held himself up with his hand next to your head. You pursed your lips together and swallowed. You shyly looked into his eyes. His intense gaze made you feel jumpy yet afraid at the same time.

 

“I kept this photo because I wanted to remember you. Remember us,” he said as he leaned in.

 

You shut your eyes tightly. Just as you did Jackson snatched the photo out of your hands.

 

“Yes! Got it back!” he said with a grin.

 

Your eyes immediately opened. You shot straight up.

 

“Hey you-” you were about to say but was interrupted by the door swinging open. You moved your head, peeking behind Jackson. At the same time Jackson turned around.

 

It was Mark at the door, “the food is here.”

“We’ll be out in a minute,” Jackson replied as he placed the photo back on the desk.

 

You walked beside Jackson into the lounge room where all the food was laid out on the floor.

 

“Wows, there’s a looot of food. How much did you exactly order JB?” you said as the corner of your lips lift to a slight smile.

 

You plopped down onto the floor next to Youngjae with Jackson on your other side. The rest were already sitting around the food. Their eyes locked onto the food in front of them.

 

“What do you want to eat?” asked Jr.

“Hm.. I’m not good with very spicy foods.. so..” you said as you scanned the variety of dishes on the floor.

“How about jajangmyeon?”

I look over a Youngjae. “Sure,” I said with a smile.

 

“So how did the two of you meet?” Youngjae asks as he stuffs a chopstick full of noodles into his mouth.

“We met at a uni club called Hong Kong Cultural Association. Jackson was new at the time so I was the one that showed him around.”

 

Youngjae and the other nods at your answer.

 

“What is uni like?” Yugyeom asks. “I want to go to uni but I don’t think I can.”

“Why not?” you asked with a concerned look.

“Because our schedules are so packed all the time. I won’t have the time to go,” he pouted.

“Ah.. I see,” you nodded. “Why don’t you ask Jackson?” you smiled cheekily looking at Jackson.

 

Jackson choked on his drink and started coughing. You gently patted his back while giggling softly.

 

“Yah! Why are you being so studious all of a sudden?” he shouted at Yugyeom.

“Why can’t I want to study?” Yugyeom bickered back at Jackson.

“It’s because Miya’s here right?” Jackson argued.

“Aniyo!!” Yugyeom teased.

“Too bad she’s mine!” Jackson stuck his tongue out while swinging an arm around your shoulder.

 

Yugyeom sat back and and rolled his eyes. He could never win over his hyung. Ever.

 

You pouted at Yugyeom with puppy dog eyes to sympathise with him.

 

“Uni can be fun but stressful. But if you’re doing what you like than you’ll enjoy it,” you said.

 

Yugyeom nodded with an eye smile, feeling much better.

 

“So do you guys have any ideas on what sort of outfits you want?” you asked curiously.

“Noona, you want us to do your work? Aye~” Youngjae teased with a cheeky smile.

 

Your eyes opened and your jaw dropped.

 

“Heol! No! I just wanted to make outfits that you guys would like too,” you said acting as if you were upset with you arms crossed but ended up breaking into a smile.

 

“I like the greenish emblem with the angel wings,” said JB.

“Angel wings?” Jackson sat up paying full attention to you.

 

You blushed knowing exactly what he was thinking.

 

“Ah.. yeah..” you said as you looked down at your half eaten jajangmyeon, not having an appetite to eat anymore.

 

You could feel Jackson’s gaze on you. You didn’t dare to look at him. You knew what he wanted to ask but seeing as he hadn’t said anything yet, you also knew he the urge back because you had specifically told him not to mention the past. You were nibbling silently on the noodles when the manager interrupts.

 

“Hey kids, it’s time to go. Otherwise we’ll be late.”

 

GOT7 whined not wanting to leave for their schedule. 

 

“Hurry up,” the manager said as he clapped his hands, getting GOT7 to move faster.

 

JB was the first to get up, gathering empty and half eaten bowls of food scattered on the floor. He neatly stacked the bowls and placed them back into the delivery box. The rest of GOT7 followed his actions without a complaint. You were about to help when Jackson grabbed you by the wrist pulling you up and towards the corridor.

 

“Jackson hyung, where are you going?” Yugyeom yells from behind.

“Miya left something in my room,” Jackson replies with a hint of frustration in his tone.

“But.. I didn’t leave anything..” you whispered to Jackson.

 

He tightened his grip around your wrist causing you to wince in pain. He pulled you into his room and closed the door. You stood beside his desk rubbing your wrist to soothe the pain. Jackson looked at your hands and you could see from his expression that he was sorry.

 

“Jack-” you began to say.

 

His expression suddenly changed. His intense black eyes met yours. You could see the fire erupting within him. You took a few steps back bumping into the polaroid wall behind you. Jackson stormed towards you with his eyes fixed on yours. Your lips trembled. You didn’t know why he was acting this way all of a sudden. You felt scared and trapped. You wanted to escape the room but your legs wouldn’t cooperate. He stood only a few inches away from you and slammed his hand on the wall next to your head. Instinctively, you turned your head away, thinking he was going to hit you.

 

“F**k this,” he mumbled under his breath.

 

You looked up at him with curious eyes. You saw that his fire had dyed down a little. He brushed the stray strands of hairs out of the face, tucking them behind your ears.

 

“Don’t look at me with those beautiful eyes,” he whispered leaning a little closer to you.

 

Your cheeks turned cherry red. Your heart skipped several beats. You were scared before but now you wanted to stay in this room for eternity. The surroundings started to strip away as you concentrated on just you and him. You could smell his sweet spicy scent that lingered around him. But to your disappointment, you were pulled back into reality.

 

“Miya..” he breathed, “I know I’m not supposed to ask but these few nights I’ve just been thinking about what happened to you when I left. Sometimes I regret leaving you behind.”

“Don’t be. You’re doing what you love, you should be grateful that you got this amazing opportunity.”

“But I can see it in your eyes, the hurtful past that you’re trying to hide from everyone. I want to help Miya,” he pleaded.

 

You looked down at your feet, unable to look at him anymore.

 

“It took a lot of time,” you began, “for me to stand up again. In a short amount of time I had seemed to have lost everyone. I questioned myself all the time. Was it me? Was it my fault? I knew that everything with Wes and Heyi was already over for good. Eventually, all my friends from the same circle distanced themselves from me. Then Hana’s confession and finding that you were gone. It was all too much for me to handle. I lost trust in everyone. Even people at uni would would try to befriend me but I couldn’t do it. I was scared that if we’d become friends then they’d leave and hate me.”

 

Jackson gently touched your chin, lifting your head up to look at him. The rims of your eyes had begun to collect droplets of tears.

 

“I don’t hate you,” he whispered.

“But you left..” you mumbled.

“But didn’t fate bring us back together?” he said as he took a step back and opened the top draw of his desk.

 

He took something out in the palm of his hands, which you couldn’t quite see. He lifted his hand and let the item drop from the palm of his hand. Your eyes widened at the sight of the necklace that was hanging from his hand. The angel necklace. The one that he gave you.

 

Why does he have it? Didn’t I.. That time on the beach..

 

“Don’t you think this is fate?” he gestured at the necklace.

 

You nodded slightly still pondering on the question of ‘how did he find it?’

 

He leaned in putting the necklace on you then pulled you in for a hug. His hands were wrapped around your back and your hands were bravely rested around his waist.

 

“I missed you, Miya,” he whispered into your ear.

“I missed you too, Jackson,” you whispered back with your face buried into his neck.

“You should call me Oppa since I am older than you.”

 

You lifted your head and raised an eyebrow.

 

“Only by a few months,” you scoffed.

“Nah uh Miss Miya,” he said as he shook his head, “I was born 94’ and you 95’ so in Korea I’m older and therefore you should call me Oppa.”

 

You took step back, pulling out of the hug and placing your hand on your hip.

 

“Well then, Jackson Op-”

 

*Knock Knock*

 

The door opened and Mark was standing by the door.

 

“Jackson we’re running late,” he said unamused.

 

You smiled and looked at Mark.

 

You did a small bow and apologised, “mianhae Mark oppa.”

 

You turned to Jackson and poked your tongue out to before running out of the room.

 

A/N: Haii ~ This is probably one of the longest chapters I've written ^_^ Hoped you liked the interaction between Miya and Jackson :) Please comment! (It makes my day especially since I have exams atm TT_TT) x