Trust

FATE

Just as you sat down, the CEO of JYP entertainment, Park Jinyoung, walks in.

 

“Hi Miya. Nice to meet you,” he said.

“Nice to meet you too,” I said while I shook his hand.

“Take a seat,” he gestured, “I expect that you have all introduced yourself. We can get straight into the topic then.”

 

Everyone nodded as Binna passed out sheets of paper. You scanned the information on the paper regarding the concept of the album.

 

“We want to keep the young fresh, playful image GOT7 has been sporting. But it can’t be too similar to the previous concepts. We’re aiming for something that will surprise the audience.  Because GOT7 are an aerobic martial arts group, the outfits will need to be comfortable and enable large movements. Now, the album is called GOT 7% and the title song is called 내 여자 (My Girl). We want to display their variety of colours and talents. Any ideas?”

“Can we listen to the song?” you asked.

“Yes of course. We are still in the midst of refining in but the overall framework is finished.”

 

Sanghyun then played 내 여자 from his ipad.

 

You listened intensely, pay particular attention to the message of the song. The words colours and contemporary kept spinning around your head.

 

When the song finished, Sanghyun asked “what do you think?”

“I’m certainly not a professional,” you joked, “but I really like it.”

“Do you have any ideas for the outfits?” asked Jina.

“If we want to include colour, I’m thinking maybe a glow in the dark or LED light concept. Or even to link with the song, since it is about first love, we can opt for a school uniform concept”

 

Everyone nodded along as you spoke.

 

“I like the glow in the dark, LED lights concept. I think it’s something different and unusual. I also think the school concept suits the boys better,” agreed Jinyoung.

“Yes I agree,” said Jina, “school boy concepts will be able to bring out the young playful image of the boys.”

“What do you guys think?” asked Jinyoung.

“I like the school concept best,” said JR.

“Yes, me too,” several of the other boys agreed.

“Okay, let’s head towards this concept and come back in a week. Miya and Jina can you please do some rough sketches of several outfit ideas?”

“Yes sure,” Jina said.

“Yes no problem,” you said.

 

CEO Jinyoung then left the room as well as Jina, Binna and Sanghyun, leaving only you and GOT7 in the room. The awkwardness filled the atmosphere as your eyes looked around aimlessly.

 

“Well then.. I should get going too,” you spoke up shyly.

“Ah ne,” they said as the stood up and bowed.

“Thanks for your hard work. Bye.” you said as you bowed.

 

You gathered your notes and bag then walked out of the meeting room. As you waited for the lift, you felt someone stand behind you. You turned around and saw Jackson standing there. He bit his lip as he rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at his shoes. He looked like he wanted to say something but didn’t know where to start. Your eyes looked around the corridor, trying to ease the awkwardness that you felt.

 

“How.. How have you been?” he spoke up in a soft voice.

“Good.. I guess…” you said without making eye contact with him.

“I’m glad you’ve been good.”

 

You didn’t really want to talk about the past at the moment. Like they said, the past is in the past. There was no need to bring up the hurtful past. There was no need for Jackson to know what you’ve been through since he left.

 

“I wanted to call you when I came to Korea but I was just so busy with settling in and training that I never had the time. We weren’t even allowed to have phones until recently. I’m really sorry that I wasn’t there when you work up.”

“That’s alright. At least my parents were there,” you said with a bit of attitude.

 

Jackson’s eyes looked hurt when you said that.

 

“No.. that’s not -” you began to say.

“No it’s fine. I understand. I just wanted to ask if Hana talked to you.”

“Hana?” you questioned.

“I was the one who found out she was the one that hit you with the car.”

 

You began to feel frustrated. There was so much you wanted to say yet so much you couldn’t say. Not to him. Not at this moment. You never told anyone that it was Hana who hit you, causing you to go into a coma, not even your parents. No matter how much you’ve tried to hide your past, you never knew Jackson would be the one to bring it back out, forcing to face the truth. You tried to forget about for the past 3 years. You told yourself to let go and that’s what you did. Or at least you tried to. You thought a change of environment would help but it really didn’t. Instead, the past that you battled alone was lurking back to the surface.

 

“Jackson.. let’s not talk about it anymore,” you said taking a step back.

 

Jackson took a step forward, placing a hand on your arm.

 

“I just want to know if you know. That’s all.”

“There’s really no need,” you said as you wriggled your arm out of his grip.

He grabbed your arm even harder, “why can’t you just accept the fact?”

 

You whipped your arm out of his grip.

 

“Yes! Okay? I know she was the one that hit me. She told me. Happy?”

 

He backed away from you, looking surprised.

 

“I been trying to forgive and forget for the past 3 years. Why did you have to bring it up again? What do you want me to do?” you pleaded as your eyes began to water up.

 

You closed your eyes for a second to stop the tears. Jackson moved in and hugged you. You felt his warm hands on your back, patting you gently. Your heart thundered inside your body. No matter who angry and frustrated you were, Jackson’s hug immediately calmed you down. You melted with the warmth of his body. There was no denying that you missed him so much.

 

“I’m sorry, Miya. I didn’t know you suffered so much for the past 3 years because of her.”

“No, it was you that hurt me the most…,” you mumbled as you slowly pushed him out of the hug. “I think it’s best we pretend that we didn’t know each other.”

 

You turned to walk into the lift, that had arrived just in time. You looked at Jackson’s saddened eye, just before the lift doors closed. He looked as if he wanted to chase after you, but hesitated. You leaned back against the mirrored walls of the lift. You closed your eyes, wondering what you were going to do now. You always told yourself to forgive and forget but why couldn’t you do that with Jackson? So much of you wanted to be in his embrace again. You wanted to tell him that you missed him so much. But.. why couldn’t you get yourself to do it? Why did feelings have to be so complicated… 

 

***

 

You laid in bed that night thinking about Jackson. He thought that your suffering for the past 3 years was because of Hana but little did he know that he was the one that hurt your feelings the most. Deep inside you were really happy that you saw Jackson again, knowing he’s safe, healthy and achieving his dreams made you really proud. But you knew it would take time for you to open your heart again. The feelings for him were still there but they were locked up inside your heart. You needed to find that key. You wanted to find that key. Maybe that key was trust. Trusting that he wouldn’t leave you again. Fate was a funny thing. It’s always lurking around the corner, weaving you around a maze with an unknown destination. Maybe Jackson was right.. facing the truth is always better than avoiding it. Rather then learning to forgive and forget, you were going to learn to trust again.

 

A/N: there's always that one chapter every now and then that I'm not happy with :/ Happy reading :) x