Sleeping Beauty

FATE

 

Miya POV

Your finger felt tingly just as your gained consciousness. You slowly opened your eyes where you saw bright whiteness. A blurry figure came into your vision, blocking the beaming lights.

 

“Oh you’re awake!” the anonymous said with glee then rushed off somewhere.

 

A few moments later, you recognised the voice from before say “Doctor she’s awake.”

 

The doctor leaned over and looked you. You blinked blanking at him a few times.

 

“Hi Miya, I am your doctor in charge. Do you know where you are?”

“The hospital,” you said with great effort.

“Are you feeling unwell or pain anywhere?”

“No but my mouth is really dry,” you groaned quietly.

“Here you go,” the nurse offered a cup of water.

 

You pushed yourself up into a sitting position and leaned against the head of the bed. You took the water and before you could even say thank you, you gulped down the whole cup. The nurse kindly poured you another cup.

 

“Thank you,” remembering to say it this time.

 

“Miya, I am going to just conduct an over check, so can you please lay down.”

 

I nodded and did as I was told.

 

The doctor turned to the nurse and said, “can you please contact her parents right away.”

 

As the doctor had finished with my check up, he nodded to himself then looked at me.

 

“Well, all I can say that it is a miracle you are awake. We will conduct more tests later on, just to make sure you are okay to be discharged.”

 

I gave him a slight smile just as my parents rushed into the room.

 

“Miya!! You’re awake. I’m so glad you're fine,” they came rushing towards me and hugged me tightly.

 

I smiled widely at the sight of them. I missed them so much. I began to tear up, unable to hold my tears back.

 

“Mum! Dad!” you blabbered as you continued to hug them as tight as you could with tears cascading down you face like a waterfall.

 

As you settled down, your parents walked out of the room with the doctor to discuss your current condition. You looked to your bedside table and just noticed a box sitting there. You picked up the box and placed it in your lap. The box was white decorated with glittery purple polka dots and a black ribbon glued in the right corner. You lifted the lid and saw a polaroid camera, a letter and a photo album and another small box. You stared blankly into the box, trying to digest it all.

 

Who is this from?

 

You picked up the letter and opened the envelope.

 

To: My sleeping beauty,

 

I’m very sorry that I couldn’t be the prince to wake you up. I’m sorry that I couldn’t be there for you all the way. I received an opportunity to possibly debut in Korea. I know if you were there with me at the time you would support me. Right..? So I have left this box. Inside is a polaroid and a photo album of each single day that you were in a coma. I wanted to show all the wonderful things you missed in person but sadly I can’t. Apart from this letter, inside a smaller box is necklace with JW engraved on the back. This necklace will act as your guardian to keep you safe and healthy when I’m not there.

 

There were a lot of things I couldn’t say to you and now I regret it so much. Every night I think if I didn’t ask you to come out that night, you wouldn’t be like this right now. It was all my fault. I can’t tell you my true feelings because of this. I hope that one day we will meet again by fate. I only got to say this once but I hope you know that I love you, Miya. Forever… ❤

 

From,

Your Prince, Jackson Wang.

 

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. As you leaned back onto against the bed, tears resurfaced at the rims of your eyes. They gathered at your lash line before sliding down your face, one drop at a time. You picked up the jewellery box and opened it. Inside, you saw a an angel shaped charm with a small diamond in the centre. You flipped it over and say JW engraved on the back. Tears that became a stream continued to fall down your face. You never thought that Jackson would leave your side. You never anticipated this to happen. This was too much of a surprise for you. Your heart wasn’t ready to accept reality. You wanted to be in a coma again where you knew nothing at all. The more you knew, the more you thought, the more it hurt…

 

A part of you didn’t want to look at the photo album because you knew that you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from crying and would regret waking up too late. But a part of you hoped that maybe you could be able to see Jackson again through those photos. You bravely flipped to the first page of the album.

 

Day 1

Today marks the a very tragic day. The day of your accident. I will catch the person that hit you.   ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ  Luckily your surgery went well. Hopefully you will wake up soon. I love you ❤

 

Day 2

There was a market at uni today and I saw this necklace. I bought it for you so it would give you strength. I love you ❤

 

The photo was of the necklace he gave you.

 

Why? Why aren’t you here to give it to me in person?…

 

Day 7

I went to this awesome ice cream place after uni today. Wish you were there to share it with me (´;ω;`) I promise to go with you when you get better. I love you ❤

 

Day 12

I saw a rainbow today and it gave me hope that you were going to wake up soon. I know that you will wake up very very soon. I love you ❤

 

Day 14

Today I found out I had the opportunity to go to Korea to become a singer. But this means leaving you… for who knows how long. What should I do…? Will you be the light to guide me? I miss you so much ❤

 

Day 16

Today is the last day I came to see you before I fly tomorrow. I hope that you will wake up soon and stay healthy. Thank you for giving me strength to go to Korea. I will miss you dearly. I love you, Miya ❤

 

You closed the photo album with tears dripping onto the cover. You missed him so much. Tears continuously streamed down your face. Your hiccuped trying to catch you breath as you tightly hugged the album, trying to remember his face.

 

Phone!

 

Your eyes urgently searched around for you phone.

 

If I had my phone I could call Jackson. Hearing his voice would mean the world to me right now.

 

You opened your bedside draws, rummaging through each one trying to find your phone. But you couldn’t find it anywhere.

 

Your parents walked in at that time and asked “what are you looking for?”

“My phone. Do you know where it is?”

“It’s at home. You can use mine if you want,” said dad.

“Ah, no it’s okay…” you replied feeling disappointed because you couldn’t remember Jackson’s number.

“You’ve had a long day. You should get some rest. We’ll be back after packing some necessities for you.”

“I’ve been in a coma for like 20 days..” you mumbled under your breathe but did what you were told and laid down.

 

You closed your eyes and heard your parents walk away. You turned to your side and scrunched into a ball position to comfort yourself. A tear fell from your eye as you thought about Jackson, and like that you cried yourself to sleep.

 

A/N: Had a bit of writer's block so sorry for the delay :/ Hope you liked this chapter. Please comment ~ x