Dreams

FATE

It has been a week since you saw Jackson. You were busy with your own assignments so you couldn’t even make time to drop by HKCA. But when you did, Jackson was never there. You wondered if your fate with Jackson had ended. You only ever heard of Jackson’s whereabouts from Hana, who seemed to always be meeting up with Jackson. Your heart clenched with regrets that you didn’t reveal your feelings for Jackson earlier but you were also happy for Hana that she was getting along with Jackson very well. Or at least you wanted to be happy for her… When you knew Hana was interested in Jackson, you began to enclose yourself in a circle that only consisted of you. You handle all thoughts, feelings and worries by yourself. Alone.

 

You met up with Hana in front of the lecture room.

 

“HEY!” she said beaming with joy.

“Hey, you seem happy today.”

“I was talking to Jackson yesterday and we had this massive d&m. He told me he had this dream of being a singer but because he was born in a sporting family, he had to comply with his parent’s dream for him.”

 

You nodded silently.

 

“Did you know that?”

 

You didn’t want to disappoint Hana by saying you already knew Jackson’s story so instead you said that you didn’t know.

 

“Yeah…” she said dreamingly, “Miya.. I think I really love him.”

“That’s good..” was all you could say.

“He also told me one day he wanted to be able to chase his dream without being afraid. It must be really hard for him to face his parents, don’t you think?

“Yeah, I guess…”

 

Somehow inside you didn’t think that Jackson was speaking about his dream to become a singer. He was talking about you. The dream was a metaphor for you. He wanted to confess to you again but seeing as your rejected him once already, he was too afraid to take another step. But it wasn’t like you could approach him either, Hana had been your best friend for years. You couldn’t be so selfish and abandon your friendship built over the years. 

 

Jackson POV

I sat at my desk with a blank document on the computer screen in front of me. I had just been sitting here for over half an hour trying to work on this essay due next week. My mind was absolutely blank. I couldn’t think of anything related to my essay. No starting points, no ideas. Nothing. Amongst the nothingness that filled my mind, Miya kept appearing. I reminisced our date at Luna Park. After meeting Miya, I felt that my entire life had changed. I finally felt that I could stand up for my dream, to do what I want to do. She helped me forgot about my past and strive towards my future. She, was my future.

 

I picked up my phone and decided to text Miya.

 

Text message: Miya

Hey…

There’s a basketball game on Thursday night that some of my friends are competing in. Do you want to watch it with me?

Jackson

 

Miya POV

During the lecture, your phone that was on the table buzzed. You glanced at the screen and saw that Jackson texted you. You quickly picked up the phone, hoping that Hana didn’t notice anything. You shifted your body so your back was slightly facing Hana who was sitting beside you. You looked down at your phone that was under the table and read Jackson’s text. He had asked you to go to a touch game on Thursday. You didn’t think it was a very good idea until Jackson texted you again.

 

Text message: Jackson

I thought maybe we could talk. About us.

 

Thursday… Would it be where Wes plays…

 

You texted with caution.

 

Where is it?

At the courts near uni.

 

Yep… That’s where Wes plays…

 

You wondered if Jackson knew Wes plays for a team there every Thursday night. You had been to cheer for them a few times and met some of his friends. You didn’t really want to go, just in case you saw Wes there. You weren’t ready to see him again. Especially since he made it seem like you weren’t ever going to see each other again.

 

Please~ You promised..

 

I promised that we’d still be friends no matter what happened.

 

Okay I’ll come.

 

Hana who noticed you texting someone under the table, nudged you subtly with her elbow.

 

“Who are you texting?” she whispered.

“Just my mum,” you lied.

 

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter :( but don't worry because the next chapter will be veryyy long and filled with events and suprises! :)) x