The truth

FATE

For the next few days, I visited Miya whether it be before or after class. The anaesthetics would have worn off by now, but she still wasn’t conscious. The doctors said because she suffered a major injury to her head, this fight would be up to her. I still believed in Miya. I had hope she was going to wake up one day. I just didn’t know when…

 

In the hopes that Miya would wake up, in my spare time, I made a personal photo album for Miya, to tell her all the wonderful things that happened. Each day I would take a photo of something special (mostly of me) and annotate it with a few sentences.

 

Day 1

Today marks the a very tragic day. The day of your accident. I will catch the person that hit you.   ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ  Luckily your surgery went well. Hopefully you will wake up soon. I love you ❤

 

Day 2

There was a market at uni today and I saw this necklace. I bought it for you so it would give you strength. I love you ❤

 

Day 5

When I went to the hospital today, I saw Hana crying by your bed. She must be very upset. I love you ❤

 

~FLASHBACK~

After uni, I went to visit Miya as usual. But just as I was about to walk into her room, I heard someone crying. I peeked in to see who it was. They had their back to me so I couldn’t identify it was. I didn’t know if I should walk in or not. The person seemed to be really heartbroken.

 

“Mi..ya… Are you okay?” the person weeped.

 

Oh. Isn’t this… Hana’s voice?

 

“I’m so sorry. Please forgive me. I’m sooo sorry!” she cried.

 

What is she sorry for?

 

“I.. I had no intention to hurt you. That day I saw you texting Jackson and that you agreed to meet up with him at the basketball courts. So.. I went there too. I was so angry with you! How could you lie to me like that?”

 

Could it… ?

 

“And then.. I.. I saw you kissing him! Why would you do that to me? You know I liked him? WHY MIYA? WHY? I was so infuriated that when I saw you walk out, I drove my car towards you and.. and.. hit you…”

 

It was Hana?!

 

“I really didn’t mean to do it. I don’t know what I was thinking. All the anger was boiling up in me. Please forgive me, Miya…” she continued crying.

 

Now all the anger’s boiling up in ME.

 

I stormed in and grabbed Hana by the shoulder. She jumped up in shock, still with tears running down her face.

 

“J..Jack..son”

“I don’t want Miya to hear this so come with me,” I grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her into the corridor.

“Ow! That hurts Jackson,” she whinged while wriggling her wrist out of my grip.

“Not as much as you hurt Miya.”

 

Her eyes opened in shock. They started to go red and tears filled the rims of her eyes.

 

“She’s lying there unconscious because of you!”

 

She dropped to the ground in tears, “I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry!”

 

I stood there with my arms crossed not saying a thing. I wasn’t going to let her get away that easily. Besides, it wasn’t up to me whether she is forgiven or not. She grabbed my leg in desperation.

 

“Please forgive me! Don’t tell Miya it was me. Please Jackson!”

 

“Don’t tell Miya?” I scoffed.

“Miya’s not going to forgive me. Please don’t tell her.”

“It’s not up to me to forgive you. It’s Miya’s.”

“I can’t even look at her. I’m so sorry”

“Then why did you do it? She’s your friend! In fact this should be reported to the police. You attempted murder!” I yelled at her as I flung her off my leg.

She hung onto my leg again and begged me “ Please don’t report it to the police. I don’t want to go to jail.”

“Fine. I won’t report it to the police but instead YOU have to tell Miya, when she wakes up, that it was YOU that hit her with the car. If you don’t, I will!

“O..Okay…” she said in between her tears.

 

I left her on the ground and walked into Miya’s room.

~FLASHBACK END~