Karma, letting go & new beginnings

FATE

"Hana POV

I sat at the computer browsing through Facebook when I heard a loud knock on the door. I sighed and walked to open the door. Two men wearing black and white suits stood at the door.

 

“Hi we are from the Immigration Office. Are you Miss Hana Jung?”

“Yes I am,” I answered with a cautious tone.

“You have to come with us back to the office due to your expired visa and overdue stay in Australia.”

 

I backed away with a few steps, looking at them, scared.

 

“You can come with us voluntarily or we will have to call the police if you are unwilling to cooperate.”

 

Who? How?

 

"You have convicted a very serious offence. You will be forced to depart Australia immediately and may be fined of up to $10 000.

“I.. I will go,” I stuttered.

 

~FLASHBACK~

Jackson POV

I stood in front of the vending machine, juggling the coins in your hands. I looked at the coins then back at the peach ice tea.

 

Damn it, short 50 cents.

 

I kept looking back and forth between the cons and the ice tea.

 

I guess I’ll get a water instead.

 

I was about to press the button for a water when a hand held out 50 cents in front of my face. I took a step back and looked at the person. It was Hana.

 

“Uh thanks” I mumbled as I took the coin form her and inserted it in the vending machine.

“No worries,” she said cheerily.

“I’ll pay you back when I have the change,” I said as I began to walk away.

“No you don’t have to,” I heard Hana say behind me.

 

Suddenly, I felt something drag my bag down along with me. I fell onto the ground spilling a part of my ice tea. I turned around and saw Hana brushing the gravel off her knees.

 

“I’m so sorry Jackson! I didn’t mean to. I.. I was trying to catch up to you and then.. then I just tripped. I’m sorry! Are you hurt?” she looked at me with concerned eyes.

“Ah no I’m fine,” I said as I looked at her knees, “You scrapped your knee.”

“Oh it’s nothing. I have a bandaid,” she said with a shy smile as she rummaged through her bag for a bandaid.

 

I got up onto my knees and started picking up the papers that scattered onto the floor. As I was picking up the sheet of papers, something caught my attention.

 

“You’re visa is OVERDUE. Please report to the Immigration Office on the 16th November 2014.” It read.

 

I picked it up and saw that it was addressed to Hana Jung.

 

She.. she’s here on a visa?

 

“Tha-“ Hana began to say but as she saw me reading the letter, she snatched it off me. Her eyes met mine but quickly shifted to the other scattered papers on the ground. 

 

She gathered the papers in a pile and said “Thanks. I should go now.”

 

Before I could respond, she left in a hurry.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows thinking something was really wrong. I needed to report this.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

3 years later.

 

“Miya, it’s time to leave for the airport!” your mum yelled from downstairs.

 

After, your accident you moved to live with your parents. It took you awhile to forget about your past but eventually, step by step, you left it all behind. 

 

You continued your degree at uni, graduating at the top of your class. You even made a name for yourself as a growing fashion designer through multiple contests and competitions. This time, you were invited to participate in designing outfits for a kpop group. You had packed your bags and was ready to leave for Korea.

 

When you found out that you had the opportunity to go to Korea, half of you was over the moon, but the other half worried that you might meet Jackson. You didn’t try to find or contact him after that day…

 

~FLASHBACK~

You felt a little lonely and bored today. You were slowly readjusting back into normal life. It was summer holidays and your parents were at work. You decided to go to the beach for some fresh air since it was such a beautiful day.

 

You arrived at the empty beach and laid out your towel to sit on. There weren’t a lot of people here, just a few children running in and out, chasing the waves and their families watching them with a motherly smile and some couples and friends sun-baking. You took out a notebook and pen and began sketching out some swimsuit design whilst sipping on your juice.

 

After a while, your brain had become extremely tired of thinking of new designs so you flipped to a new page and thought about what you should do next. Subconsciously, you started doodling Jackson’s name all over the page. As soon as you noticed, you immediately ripped out the page.

 

No, I shouldn’t be doing this.

 

Although, there were times when you thought about Jackson, but today, you especially missed him. So you began writing…

 

Dear Jackson,

 

I don’t know why I’m writing this to you, knowing that you will never read this but maybe I just need to talk. Even though I’ve received endless love and support from my parents, I never really opened up to them about what happened. I was acting like I was fine but really, I wasn’t fine at all. People who I wasn’t even close with would come up to me and ask “are you okay?”, “how are you feeling? I hope you’re recovering fine”, “I can’t believe you turned out okay.” All this fake sympathy rushed towards me, that I felt so pressured to be me, the old me. I just didn’t know who to trust anymore. And because of that, I never made any close friends again. Although I hated being alone at times, I was scared to step out again, afraid that I’d be hurt. To the point where, I wouldn’t even be able to stand up for myself. Why was I torturing myself like this? What point did I need to prove? Who did I need to show this to? I guess in a way I was doing this to comfort myself. Because when you’re already at the bottom, no matter how many things from the top try to hurt you, the pain will be nothing to you anymore, because you’ve already felt what is most painful to you. But I think it’s time I let go of the past. I’m sorry for getting angry at you. I guess I was just in denial that you had already left. I am ready to let you go. It was fate that we met and I will leave it up to fate to decide if we will ever meet again.

 

Love, Miya

 

You rolled up the letter into a scroll and put it into the empty juice bottle. You carefully took of the angel necklace that Jackson gave to you a dropped it into the bottle as well.  You stood up and walked to the water. The cold sea water crashed against your legs. You placed the bottle into the sea and let the waves carry it away, further and further away until you couldn’t see it anymore.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

When you arrived at the airport, you hugged your parents and said goodbye. You then boarded the 10 hour flight to a new beginning.

 

***

 

When you arrived at Incheon airport, you were greeted by a man probably in his 40s.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo,” you greeted him with a slight bow.

“Welcome to Korea. I hope your flight was pleasant.”

“Yes, it was. Thank you very much.”

“This way to the car. I will drive you to the hotel first where you can have some lunch and then I will drive you to JYP Entertainment where you will meet the CEO and GOT7.”

“Okay. Thank you,” you said as you followed the driver’s lead.

 

You arrived at the hotel not long after. You didn’t expect Korea to be so cold. You were wrapped up in multiple layers and a bulky woollen scarf. The driver helped you check in and gave you your room key.

 

“Please meet me back here in 2 hours. All room service will be free of charge. Please enjoy your stay.”

“Thank you very much,” you said as you bowed goodbye to the driver.

 

You went up to your room, where you put your luggage aside and went straight to the hotel menu. You scanned the list and ordered some pasta. While you were waiting for the food, you decided to take a quick shower and apply some fresh makeup. Just as you finished with the a natural yet mature makeup look, the there was a knock on the door. You opened it to find that your room service was here. After finishing eating, you looked at the time. You still had an hour left before you needed to go. You rummaged through your luggage trying to find something to wear. You put on a black body con skirt, with a white long sleeve chiffon blouse paired with black pumps and a long winter navy coat. You used your straightener to give your hair some curls. You doubled checked yourself before heading out the door.

 

The driver greeted you at the lobby and headed to the car to drive you to JYP Entertainment.

 

***

 

Without knowing, you had arrived at the company. You got off the car and walked into the building. Your heart pounded against your chest. You felt nervous yet excited at the same time. You had never done anything of this scale before and was surprised that they’d let a rookie designer design clothes for one of their groups.

 

You walked up the the reception and said, “Hi, I’m Miya Chan and I have an appointment with CEO Jinyoung and GOT7.”

“Ah yes, please fill in these forms first,” the receptionist replied as she handed me several forms and a pen.

 

You filled them in and handed it back to her.

 

“Thank you. Just head over the lifts and up to level 2.”

 

You did as you were directed and when you arrived at level 2 you were a bit lost.

 

Do I turn left or right?

 

You went with your instincts and turned left and headed down the corridor where you heard some chatter.

 

You knocked softly before opening the door. You saw a group of about 7 boys, 1 male and 2 females stand up.

 

You bowed and said “Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Oh, Miya-shi?” asked one of the females.

“Ne, fashion designer, Miya Chan-imnida,” you said as you extended your hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Kim Jina-imninda, Got7’s stylist,” she said as she shook your hand. “This is Choi Binna, marketing and image director, and producer, Park Sanghyun.”

 

You took turns to shake their hands.

 

“This is GOT7, the group you’ll be designing for.”

 

You looked over at the group and bowed to greet them.

 

“Come and Get It! GOT7! Annyeonghaseyo GOT7-imnida.”

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo. Please look after me,” you said as you smiled at them.

 

They looked about your age, maybe some older or younger by a few years.

 

“Maybe you should introduce yourselves first boys,” ordered Binna.

 

“GOT7 chic leader, JB-imnida.”

“Annyeonghaseyo. Powerful vocalist, Youngjae-imnida.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, GOT7’s flying member Mark-imnida.”

“Jr-imnida, GOT7’s gentle and energetic vocalist.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, GOT7’s cutest member, BamBam-imnida.”

“I’m the pure and innocent maknae, Yugyeom-imnida.”

 

You smiled and nodded after each member’s introduction. You looked at the last member waiting for his introduction. He had his head down and you wondered if he was feeling unwell.

 

“Jackson hyung,” Yugyeom whispered as he nudged him, “It’s your turn.”

 

You leaned in over the table to get a better view at him. When he looked up you saw that it was Jackson. Jackson as in the Jackson you knew from 3 years ago. The one who ripped out your heart when he left.

 

“Annyeonhaseyo, Jackson-imnida,” he said with a quiet voice.

 

Your eyes widened in shock. You couldn’t believe that fate had you two met again. You couldn’t stop staring at him. You wanted so much to yell at him, to hit him, to hug him, to tell him that you’re okay.

 

“Miya, do you mind introducing yourself too?”

“Hm? Ah, ne,” you stuttered as your mind was still on Jackson. “Annyeonghaseyo, Miya-imnida. I’m a fashion designer from Australia. I haven’t had much overseas experience yet but I hope that we can work together harmoniously and without problems. I look forward to designing your outfits and working together. Gamsahabnida.”

 

You bowed as everyone clapped to welcome you.

 

A/N: Annyeong everyone!! ^.^ Finally introducing GOT7 into the ff. There should be more variations and events happening now. (although I'm not sure just what yet.. love triangle? hidden secrets? idkkkkk) Hope you liked this chapter :) A lot of things happened in this chapter lols :P Please comment! I love hearing about what you guys think about the ff :D x