Kiss

FATE

You got home that night after taking up more time that you should’ve have from GOT7’s practice session. To make up for it, they had to stay behind for another 2 hours of non-stop practice. You decided it was time you went home to get some rest and not disturb them anymore. But when you arrived home, you weren’t sleepy anymore. You swung open the fridge door, looking for something to eat. Instead you saw a few bottles of soju and cruisers. You took them out and headed out to your living room. You placed them on the table and plopped onto the floor. Drinking by yourself made you feel lonely. In that moment, surrounded by dim lighting and wrapped up in a fluffy blanket, you came to the realisation that you hadn’t made any friends since moving here, besides GOT7. You had no one to call when you wanted to have a few drinks with someone. You opened a bottle soju, about to pour it into a shot glass.

 

Screw the glass. I’ll just drink it from the bottle.

 

Soon, you were pretty sure you were drunk from more than a couple bottles of soju and cruisers. You were about to head off to bed, when your phone started to ring.

 

“Aish, so loud!” you reprimanded your phone.

 

You picked it up off the table, “Hello?”

 

“Why isn’t anyone saying anything… Is that my phone still ringing?” you mumbled to yourself.

 

You looked at what you thought was you phone but it turned out to be an empty soju bottle. You giggled at yourself.

 

“Boy, I must be heaps drunk,” you muttered.

 

“Hello?” you slurred in between a hiccup.

“Miya? Are you okay?” the person on the other end said worried.

“Ohh Mmmmmark! I don’t feel so well,” you said as you tried to suppress the alcohol coming back up.

“Are you drunk?”

“Mark-shi, I am NOT drunk so excuse you!”

“Miya, I’m -”

“Why are you calling?” you interrupted.

“Er.. I wanted to see how you are but seeing as you’re drunk, I don’t think you’re okay.”

“I AM NOT DRUNK OKAY?” you yelled into the phone.

“Jeez, you’re not drunk then..” he mumbled under his breath.

“Oh wait, this does not feel good,” you said as you suddenly felt very sick.

 

You dropped the phone and ran off into the bathroom.

 

By the time you were finished and walked back out into the living room, remembering you were oh the phone, you heard to doorbell ring. You dragged your feet to go open the door. You squinted your eyes, focusing on the figure standing in front of you.

 

“Hi..” you said cautiously.

“Miya, are you okay?”

“I’m good and you are…” you reached out with your hand trying to determine who that person was.

 

He grabbed your hand and placed it around his shoulders. In one effortless lift, he carried you into the house.

 

“You are so drunk,” he mumbled.

“Hey I heard that! I am not drunk,” you corrected him as your poked his cheek with your finger.

“How much did you drink..” he said looking at the mess you made on the table.

 

You look over seeing bottles scattered all over the table.

 

You giggled as you asked “You want to join me? I think I have moreee in the fridge.”

 

You hesitated, “Wait, neverrrmind. I may have finished it off.”

 

You blushed in embarrassment.

 

He carried you into your room, before gently placing you onto he bed and pulling a blanket over you.

 

“Sleep tight,” he whispered before placing a kiss on your forehead.

“Waaait,” you called out, “Don’t leave me, Mark.”

 

You patted a spot on the edge of the bed, motioning for him to sit down.

 

“You know what Jackson said to me today? He asked me if I like you. Do I?”

 

He stayed silent.

 

“Like I don’t know!” you said throwing your hands in the air with frustration.

 

“At first when I saw Jackson again, my heart fluttered to the point I didn’t know how to act in front of him. But then you helped me get through those nightmares. You have no idea how much those phone calls have helped. With you everything felt so easy, so carefree. But with Jackson, it seems as though we would always argue but my heart would go crazy.”

 

You sighed.

 

“Do I like you?” you asked only to be answered by his silence.

 

You grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him towards you. His lips landed on yours. You slowly deepened into a kiss, wrapping your arms around his neck. He immediately pulled away from the kiss.

 

“Why?” you managed to say after the rejection sank in.

“I don’t want you to regret this because you are clearly drunk.”

“I’m NOT DRUNK!” you yelled.

 

Why doesn’t he get it! I’m not drunk!!

 

“Well, I clearly see that you don’t like me. That’s fine,” you turned your back to face him.

 

With that, he walked out of your room, closing the door behind him.

 

***

 

You were falling in darkness. You struggled to try to hold onto something but there was nothing.

 

“Help! SOMEONE HELP ME!” you screamed.

 

You felt as if your heart was going to leave your body.

 

“PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!” you screamed even louder, panicking.

 

Tears streamed down your face as you continued to cry for help.

 

Suddenly, a bright light shone down onto you and you saw a hand reaching out. You reached up to grab it but fell a few inches short.

 

“Miya, you have to try,” a voice urged.

“Jackson?”

 

You tried again, struggling against gravity.

 

“Jackson, please save me,” you whispered.

 

You reached up to grab his hand. You felt his grip tighten, holding onto your hand. You smiled in relief. You were safe now.