Once in a lifetime

FATE

Jackson POV

It has already been 10 days since Miya’s accident. I visited her everyday hoping that one day when I walked into her room, she’ll be conscious and healthy. But sadly… that hasn’t happened yet.

 

*BEEP BEEP*

 

My alarm went off at 8:00am. I rolled over a few times in bed before turning it off. I propped myself up and checked my phone.

 

Text message: Mark

Hey man, give me a call when you get this.

 

Hm? I wonder what’s this about.

 

I haven’t kept in contact with Mark for a while. We went to the same dance studio until he moved back to LA. I wonder how he’s doing now… I decided to call him even though I was wary of the time difference.

 

Phone: Mark

Hello?

Hey, it’s Jackson. How have you been?

HEY JACKSON! I’ve been good. I’m in Korea right now actually.

Korea? What you doing there?

I’m a trainee at an entertainment company called JYP. Not sure if you’ve heard of it

Oh wow! Congratulations!

Thanks bro. But getting back on track. I recently found a video of us dancing back at the studio.

Oh really?

I showed it to the CEO of the company and he’s really interested in meeting you.

 

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

 

You still there?

Uh..Er.. Yeah. I don’t know what to say. That’s amazing.

Yeah it’s an awesome opportunity. He’ll pay for all your airfares and accommodation. Everything.

I really want to say yes but…

But what? Come on man!

I’m on exchange in Australia right now and… I met this girl… My voice trailed off.

She’ll understand. She can even come with you if she wants.

She.. She.. I started to tear up. She’s in hospital

Oh I’m so sorry.

 

There was a short silence.

 

I understand why you don’t want to leave but just know this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was your dream to become a singer wasn’t it?

Yes I know… Thank you. I’ll get back to you once I think about it.

Sure but don’t take too long.

 

I laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling, not knowing what to think. I really wanted to go because it’s my dream to become a singer but I can’t just leave Miya like that. Thoughts whirled around in your head. I grabbed the polaroid off the table and took a picture of darkness.

 

Day 14

Today I found out I had the opportunity to go to Korea to become a singer. But this means leaving you… for who knows how long. What should I do…? Will you be the light to guide me? I miss you so much ❤

 

I looked at the clock. 8:45am.

 

Oh no, I’m late.

 

I rushed into the bathroom to get ready for uni.

 

***

 

I walked into the chattery room of HKCA with my head down. As soon as I walked in, the chattering  stopped to a complete silence. All eyes were on me. I kept my head down, glued onto the ground and walked towards the windows. I stood there, staring reminiscently at the cloudless blue sky. I felt someone walk towards me and stood a metre away from me.

 

“Hi Jackson,” she said shyly.

 

In my peripheral vision I saw Hana look at me.

 

“Hi Hana,” I said while keeping my eyes on the sky.

“I’m really sorry about Miya. I’ve been visiting her everyday, hoping that she’d wake up.”

 

I began to tear up at Miya’s name.

 

“I don’t want to talk about her,” I said as I turned around to walk away.

 

I tried to fight the tears back as I stormed out of the room, leaving Hana standing by the window. I wasn’t ready to spill my feelings to anyone especially not her. I didn’t want to talk about Hana or the conversation with Mark. I couldn’t stop thinking about both. Thoughts and worries whirled around my head constantly throughout the entire day. I only hoped that this day would end faster.

 

***

 

 

I eventually fell asleep after a long day.

 

“Miya.. Miya…” I mumbled in my sleep as I tossed and turned in bed.

“Jackson,” I heard an angelic voice call me.

“Miya is that you?”

“Yes Jackson.”

“Miya! I’m so glad you’re alright.”

 

She smiled.

 

“I wanted to tell you that I’m okay if you leave me for Korea.”

“You.. you know?”

 

She nodded.

 

“But I.. I don’t want to.”

“Jackson, I’ll be fine. I can come and visit you. I promise,” she said as her hand touched the side of my face.

 

*BEEP BEEP*

 

I woke up in shock at the sound of the alarm with my heart pounding against my chest. I furrowed my brows wondering if that was really Miya I saw in the dream. Did she really tell me to go to Korea? Leave her behind? My heart clenched at that thought. I quickly got ready and rushed to the hospital to see Miya.

 

***

 

I sat by Miya, who was lying still. Lifeless. I held her icy cold hand, praying that she would wake up.

 

“Miya, when you came into my dream this morning. Did you really mean it?”

 

There was no answer.

 

“Answer me Miya!! WAKE UP!!” I cried.

 

Tears streamed down my face. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I just didn’t know what to do without Miya by my side. I was at my breaking point. Miya unconscious. It was Hana who did this. Mark calls with an opportunity to enter the Korean music industry. But this means leaving Miya.

 

I got up from my seat and left the hospital room.

 

A/N: Im back ~ ^.^ Please remember to comment :) x