A date it is !

FATE

Hana pounces on you with her usual cheery smile as you were waiting outside the lecture theatre.

 

“HELLOOO,” she squeals into your ear.

“Omo, I’m going to go deaf,” you slapped her jokingly.

“So how are you on this fine fine day missy?”

“Fine? This is what you call fine? It’s like pouring buckets if you haven’t noticed.”

“Well, someone’s feisty today,” she snapped.

“I’m very well on this absolutely WONDERFUL day,” you replied sarcastically,

“So how was your date with Jackson? Do you know if he’s taken? What’s his ideal type?” she fired the questions at me.

“Of course I do! Because first thing I did with him was an ideal type world cup.” you looked at her with an ‘are you serious’ face.

 

Hana pouted looking very disappointed.

 

“I guess it was nice to get away from everything. I had lots of fun,” you smiled.

“Really?” she perked up with a grin.

“Yeah. I’m meeting up with Jackson later if you want to come to. Just to show him around uni.”

“It’d be my pleasure,” she said as she did a little curtsey. “By the way, that’s a very nice dress-shirt.”

“Thank you,” you smiled. You were wearing a white hip-hop styled dress-shirt with WOLF 88 printed in black, paired with white high platform converse and a floral snapback to top it all off.

 

You linked arms with Hana and entered the lecture room.

 

Halfway during the lecture, your phone went off with a text from Wes.

 

Text message: Wes <3

Hey babe, do you want to hang out before I start work?

 

You nudged Hana with your elbow.

 

“Do you mind showing Jackson around instead? Wes asked me to hang out,” you whispered.

“Uh sure. But to hang out? Really? He couldn’t say I want to see you or like let’s go on a lunch date,” she complained.

 

You shrugged it off but you had to admit Hana was right. She was always right. Wes had really changed. Before you went out with him, you would talk for over hours until 1 or 2 in the morning. He made you laugh at everything he said. But now… everything was different. Sometimes thoughts of breaking up would creep up on you. You knew your feelings were slowly changing but your relationship involved too many people…

 

~FLASHBACK~

You met up with HeYi that afternoon after uni lectures. The awkward silence filled the atmosphere.

 

“Wes and I are going out…”

“Yeah I know,” she said bluntly.

“I don’t know… I just felt the need to tell you.”

“You really don’t need to. I don’t care.”

“It’s because… because I knew you had feelings for him but I thought that it was so long ago… that you would be over him by now,” you carefully said. Your vision became slightly blurry as tears began to form along the rim of your eyes. You blinked hoping it’ll stop you from tearing up anymore but it was no help. One by one, the tears dribbled down you cheek. “I just wanted to let you know personally. Just to see if you’re okay.”

“I don’t know why but this always comes back to me. Like I have nothing to do with this. I really really don’t give a sh*t. Okay?!” HeYi blurted out.

 

Your tears were the only response you could give to her.

 

“It’s too late to change anything anyways,” she finally said.

“It's not,” I pleaded, “I don’t want to ruin our friendship or his friendship with you.”

“What are you going to do then? Break up with him?” she questioned harshly.

“I can if that’ll fix everything,” you mumbled in-between the hiccups from crying.

“That wouldn’t really be fair to him.”

“Then what else can I do?” you spoke up.

 

This was a mistake. Talking to HeYi. Dating Wes. Everything was a mistake.

 

~FLASHBACK END~

 

Jackson POV

 

I waited impatiently for Miya near the library entrance. I looked down at the time on my phone - 11:03am.

 

It’s okay. I’m two minutes early.

 

My heart fluttered at the thought of being able to see her again. I looked up from my phone at a voice calling my name from a distance. I saw a girl dressed in white-washed distressed denim jeans with a black tee matched with a red and white checkered long sleeve wrapped around her waist. To my disappointment, it wasn’t Miya. The girl stopped in front of me with an excited grin. I gave her a puzzled look as if to ask “do I know you?”

 

“Ah right! We haven’t met before. I’m Hana, Miya’s best friend,” she said as she extended her hand out for a handshake.

I shook her hand as I replied “I’m Jackson.”

“Something came up with Miya so she can’t show you around uni. But don’t fret ~ because I’ll be showing you around uni instead. Where your classes are, where the food is, the libraries, things like that.”

“Oh I see…” I said as my eyes dropped to the ground.

“Come on let’s go! It’ll be fun!” she said enthusiastically as she grabbed my wrist dragging me away from the library.

 

*** 

 

I arrived home after Hana showed me around uni. Feeling exhausted I flopped down onto my bed and closed my eyes for a few seconds. I took my phone out of the pockets of my jeans and decided to message Miya.

 

Text message: Miya

You owe me a favour ! Since you dogged me today. Hmph >.<

Didn’t I already make up for it by giving you the number 1 tour guide around? =__=‘’

Of course that doesn’t count! You were the one that was supposed to show me around *pout*

Ayeeee ~ fine fine. What is your favour?

 

I giggled at the fact that Miya had agreed at lightening speed. As I was about to type my reply, the phone slipped out of my hand and landed on my face.

 

“AHHH OUCH!!” I cringed in pain. I wriggled and rolled around my bed trying to ease out the throbbing sensation on the bridge of my nose.

 

Luna Park date ^^

-.- you do know that you should probably stop using the word date?

Why????? :( It’ll be our secret ;)

Well, Luna Park it is. This Saturday okay?

Saturday is good! See you then. ^.^

 
 
A/N: I have decided to upload a new chapter once every week. Most likely a Tuesday or Wednesday. But we'll see what happens. :/ Look forward to Jackson x Miya's date to Luna Park !! :))