Family Business (Luhan)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Family Business (Luhan)~

******A short look into Luhan's family pressures (Past)******

 

            "Luhan we've both talked it over and we decided that it may not be the best idea to let you go to SMACSE after all."

            Luhan felt his heart nearly jump out of his chest as he dropped his chopsticks and looked at his parents across the dinner table.

            "What?"

            Jin and Sunhee both had a reluctant look on their faces.

            "We know that you were looking forward to going to SMACSE but after we thought about it, we think that going into business would be a much better plan for you so-"

            "No," said Luhan firmly as he cut off his father's sentence, "I refuse, I didn't go through all the preliminary trials to get myself accepted into SMACSE only to decline the acceptance in the end."

            Jin tired to reason with Luhan, "We understand that son, but you could just think of it as simply a good experience for you to have and-"

            "No! What even brought this on!? Gramps is a patissier, what could possibly be wrong with me becoming one!?" Luhan was starting to lose his temper, he was angry because it was only just the other day that he had managed to get the email announcing that he got the classes that he had chosen but now his parents suddenly brought this up.

            "Luhan, we're only trying to figure out what's best for your future. Being a patissier is perfectly fine but for a more secure future we believe it would be best if you studied business like we did," said Sunhee gently.

            "But that's not what I want to do for my future, it's my future why are you deciding it for me? You seemed okay with me going to SMACSE just fine the other day," retorted Luhan.

            "Well today's a different day and now we think that it would be better for you overall if you went to a more business orientated school," said Jin calmly.

            "I don't want to, my place is at SMACSE and there is nothing that will change my mind," gritted out Luhan.

            Jin frowned unhappily at his son, "Luhan, at least listen to us about this instead of just jumping ahead of things, we have a good reason to be doing this."

            Luhan didn't even respond, choosing to ignore his parents, he stood up from the table, "I'm finished."

            Luhan knew that if he stayed he wouldn't be able to calmly talk to his parents and everything would end up blowing out of proportion.

            "Luhan, we're not done talking with you," warned Sunhee.

            "Well, I am." Luhan walked out of the dining area and went to the living room where he grabbed a jacket and his car keys.

            His parents followed him.

            "Where are you going!?" asked his father.

            "Out." Luhan closed the door on them without waiting for any response and headed straight for his car. He let his hands steer themselves to where he wanted to be most and before he knew it he was at the destination, parking the car and quickly making his way to the front of the huge house. He knocked on the door and waited.

            It was his grandfather that greeted him warmly a few seconds later after opening the door.

            Seon smiled at his grandson, "Luhan, good to see you. What are you doing here so late?"

            "Gramps…" Luhan suddenly felt his throat close up as he remembered his parent's words. Luhan didn't even know how he should start with his explanations.

            Seeing his grandson in distress, Seon instantly ushered the boy inside, "Come tell me inside where it's warmer and you won't risk catching a cold."

            Luhan nodded and went inside the house while Seon closed the door behind him.

            "I don't know what's wrong but why don't I make us hot chocolate and we can talk about it in the kitchen?" asked Seon as he patted Luhan on the head.

            The boy nodded eagerly, "Yeah… Sounds good…"

            Seon smiled kindly, "Great let's-"

            "WHAT!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S GONE!?!?!?" screeched an all too familiar voice from the living room.

            Seon gave Luhan a questioning look while Luhan returned it with a sheepish grin.

            "Did you-" Seon didn't finish his sentence because the next thing anyone was aware of was Meili who was still screeching into the phone and barreling down the hallway, "I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU LOST MY PRECIOUS GRANDSON!!! SEON!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!? WE HAVE TO GO FIND LUHAN!!!"

            Seon side eyed Luhan who was still grinning sheepishly.

            Seon released a sigh, "This is why you don't want to upset your grandmother, she gets loud and screechy." Luhan nodded in understanding as Seon yelled out, "FOUND HIM!!!!!! CALM DOWN MEILI!!!!!!"

            "WHAT!?!? WHERE!?!?" yelled out Meili from somewhere in the house.

            "FRONT DOOR!!!"

            Meili rushed over immediately from where ever she had been previously running around. Upon seeing Meili in sight Seon had enough insight to take three steps away from Luhan as Meili rushed past him and threw herself at their grandson.

            "ACK!!!"

            "LUHAAAAAN!!!"

            Both of them ended up on the floor in a heap while Seon peered at them in amusement.

            "YOU HAD ME WORRIED!!!" yelled Meili as she gripped Luhan's shirt and shook him.

            "Meili calm down, I think you're going to give Luhan motion sickne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter