Snacking on the Job (KaiSoo)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Snacking on the Job (KaiSoo)~

******DO swears each time he takes his eyes off his desserts at least one of them goes missing and all the while Kai is suspiciously not in sight (Future)******

 

            'What the heck? I could have sworn- Did I miscount?' thought DO a bit bewildered as he recounted his batch of puff pastries and once again only coming up with fifteen, 'Weird… I thought I made sixteen…'

            "Hmmm, I guess maybe I miscounted when I put them in the oven to bake…" mumbled DO as he took out another baking sheet to start up his next task, "Oh well, I'll just make sure the next batch will have an extra one."

 

            Meanwhile…

            "Kai what in the world are you doing hiding and eating under the break room coffee table?" asked Chen as he happened to walk in on the younger munching away.

            Kai jumped from being startled so suddenly and turned around to face Chen before pulling the other under the table with him, "Shhh! DO might hear you! He's finally making the puff pastries, he only makes it every once in a while for holidays and I'm not missing the opportunity to eat them! He says he makes them for special occasions only!"

            Chen gave Kai a blank stare, "So you’re telling me you're going to try and take as many of those puff pastries that DO makes and bring them under our coffee table to eat?"

            Kai nodded, "Yeah."

            Chen nodded in response, "Alright, I see… that you've completely lost your mind."

            "Yeah, yeah, just watch me as I use all the tricks up my sleeve to get those pastries," replied Kai.

            Chen rolled his eyes, "If you want crazy tricks or run out of ideas try asking Luhan for help, I'm sure that dessert maniac has a whole book on how to get sweets without anyone noticing."

            "Great tip!" grinned Kai before scrambling out from underneath the coffee table to do who knows what anymore.

            "Is there never a day in the patisserie where everyone can just be sane?" muttered Chen to himself, "Then again I'm probably one of the last people who should be asking this..."

 

            Kai decided to use one of the easiest tricks ever.

            As quietly as he could Kai went up to one of the kitchen doors and knocked loudly enough for DO to hear.

            'Alright, DO should walk to this door and open it, while he's distracted with wondering who it was that knocked on the door I will be making my way to the kitchen through the other door and then I'll be able to grab one of the pastries,' Kai thought this plan was brilliant.

            That was until he heard Baekhyun's voice approaching the kitchen door he just knocked on.

            'What the heck?! Baekhyun- Where's DO!?' wondered Kai as he sat down behind the other side of the counter where he was hidden from view.

            "Hey, who knocked on the kitchen door but disappeared?" asked Baekhyun looking around to see if he could catch the person.

            DO came and opened the other kitchen door, "Maybe it was a mistake or they'll come back later?"

            Baekhyun shrugged, "Oh well then."

            When the two went back into the kitchen, Kai gave a sigh of relief, "Okay that was a failed attempt, it's okay though! I got two more tricks up my sleeve and one of them is a last resort."

 

            This next attempt was just Kai going back to his very first attempt that actually got him a pastry in the first place.

            Keep a secretive lookout of the kitchen and wait until DO exits the kitchen and then go in to grab some of the pastries.

            'I will be stealthy just like the first time I did this,' thought Kai as he watched the door carefully from his hiding spot behind the counter.

            Thank goodness the patisserie was not open yet and there were no customers to witness this craziness.

            30 minutes later…

            'DO is taking forever,' thought Kai as he tapped his fingers against the countertop, 'Forget this plan I'll resort to the last resort I have.'

 

            Kai approached the patisserie's office

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter