Try Some (KaiSoo)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Try Some (KaiSoo)~

******This is Kai's and DO’s story of how the two of them met and got together in SM&TDS (Past)******

 

            D.O. stepped through the doors of another one of his parents' recently opened pastry shop. His parents thought that this new addition to their chain of stores would be very beneficial since it was located right next to a high school which meant there would always be lots of customers frequenting. So in order to gain some popularity for the grand opening of their shop, they insisted with a wink that D.O. should go and work at the pastry shop to not only gain some experience but also attract any potential customers by acting as eye candy. D.O. laughed and rolled his eyes when his parents told him that but went along with what they wanted because he didn’t mind as he saw this as an opportunity to improve his skills, after all he was a first year at SMACSE it couldn't hurt to get more experience.

            Flipping the lights on inside the store, D.O. headed straight to the kitchen without any hesitation eager to get his pastries baking and into the cases ready to sell. There were only two other employees that would work with D.O. in the pastry shop for the short time being but they didn't come in until the afternoon when things will get much busier.

            As D.O. was setting up, he didn't expect the store's door to jingle open indicating someone entering he swore he had the sign flipped to closed. Well it's okay besides he had more than enough set up to sell already, might as well greet the person.

            "Hello!" greeted D.O. politely as he took in the sight of a tall yet very good looking boy standing before the counter. Well then, talk about eye candy much? Not like D.O. was complaining. He would have thought that the boy was older than him but the school uniform caught his attention and D.O. made the connection that the other was definitely younger. "Can I help you with anything?"

            The boy smiled brightly at him, flashing all his pearly whites, "Can I get a quick pastry? Anything is fine with me, I woke up late and I'm in a rush for a quick breakfast before school."

            "Yeah sure, do you want a blueberry scone? I just made them," responded D.O.

            The boy nodded quickly and D.O. got out a bag to put the scone in before handing it to the younger.

            The boy began rummaging in his pocket, tongue poking out slightly in wonder as he tried getting his wallet out to pay for the pastry.

            "It's okay, this can be on the house. Just get to school safely okay?"

            The boy paused as his eyes widened, "Are you sure!?"

            D.O. nodded as he smiled gently, "Yeah, you were my first customer for the day so you get a freebie. No worries and you're in a rush right?"

            The boy blinked at D.O. for a moment before realization hit him, "Oh my gawd yes! I am late! Um, ah, thank you! I'll be sure to come back soon and actually buy something!"

            With that said the boy began hurrying towards the door, pastry bag in hand while the other hand waved at D.O. hastily. The door jingled once again with the boy's exit leaving D.O. to his own musings 'Huh, I expected him to be more of some sort of broody kid with his good looks but he's more cute than I thought.'

            The door jingled again, it was the same boy. He only stuck his head in the doorway though as he flashed a sheepish grin at D.O. who was staring back owlishly, "My name's Kai by the way! Anyways I'll be on my way for real now! Thank you again!"

            Kai didn't even wait for a reply, instead Kai just closed the door with a jingle and ran off down the street.

            'Definitely cute,' thought D.O. amusingly with a small smile.

            That was only their first encounter of many soon to come.

 

            It wasn't until early the next morning did Kai come back to the pastry shop much to D.O.'s amusement. This time D.O. was standing at the counter arranging the pastries in the cases so he managed to catch the younger wave at him through the door. He waved back as the younger entered the store, completely disregarding the closed sign on the door.

            "Hi! I'm back again and this time I'm earlier so I wouldn't be late to school and I could actually enjoy your pastry to the fullest. It was really good even though I had to eat it in under five minutes," grinned Kai.

            D.O. was surprised, at first about the compliment and then at Kai who seemed so friendly and chirpy despite the early hours of the morning. Didn't most kids his age like sleeping in? D.O. knew he still liked sleeping in. Oh well, putting that aside D.O. gave the younger a warm smile, "Kai right? I'm glad you like my pastry."

            A light pink seemed to dust Kai's cheeks lightly as he nodded, "Yeah! You remembered!"

            D.O. gave a light laugh, "It's not that hard to remember. How can I help you this morning?"

            "Anything is fine!" smiled Kai brightly.

            D.O. nodded and took out a warm cinnamon roll for Kai, placing it into a box before handing it to the younger.

            Kai took it with another grin and pulled out his wallet quickly, "How much is it?"

            "Don't worry about it, your compliment on my baking skills was enough payment," laughed off D.O. he really had no idea why in the world he was doing this a second time for this complete stranger. There must be something wrong with him because he highly doubts that his parents would approve of giving away free inventory but oh well it's not that big a deal they had more than enough money to spare one cinnamon roll and a blueberry scone.

            "No way! I'll feel bad if I keep taking the pastries without paying for them!" protested Kai with a pout that had D.O. staring.

            The older shook his head to clear his mind, "It's only one don't worry about it."

            "Two," corrected Kai.

            "Fine, it's only two," replied D.O. with a light shrug.

            Kai continued to puff his cheeks at D.O. contemplating what he should do but what came out instead was "What's your name?"

            "D.O." wow that came out without any second thoughts or hesitation. Nice D.O. nice, could you be any more eager?

            Kai laughed, "That's a strange nickname you have but I think it's cool."

            D.O. felt his lips twitch at hearing the younger's laugh.

            But D.O. didn't say much as a loud ding went off in the back of the kitchen catching D.O.'s attention immediately as he rushed to the back to pull out the croissants he was just baking, placing them on the counter to cool while the intoxicating smell wafted through the shop.

            Kai gasped suddenly which had D.O. looking at him curiously, the younger grinned again, "I know what I can do to repay you for my two free breakfast pastries! How late will you be here for? I don't get out of school until the late evening."

            "I'm here until eight since I close up the shop too but like I said you don't need to pay me back," replied D.O. wondering where the younger was going with this.

            "Oh! Perfect then! I'll drop by again after school and tell more people about this bakery too!" replied Kai as he disregarded the second part of what D.O. said while glancing quickly at the clock behind, "Oh I have to get going but I'll definitely be back later, see you D.O.!"

            "See you," said D.O. as he watched Kai make his way out of the pastry shop to school. D.O. was actually looking forward to his meeting later with the odd boy, he found the latter quite intriguing.

 

            Jihyun and Haejoo, the extra workers, had shown up early that afternoon and were diligently working since the pastry shop was quickly filling up due to the school day being over. 'I guess Kai really did keep his promise of telling his classmates about this bakery, I've never seen it this busy with students before,' thought D.O. as he stood in the kitchen getting another batch of baked goods ready.

            The jingle of the pastry shop door opening once again caught his attention though as he took a few steps back so he could peer through the kitchen door to see who came through and D.O. couldn't keep the unconscious smile from his lips as he took in the familiar sight of the boy that caught his attention within only two days of meeting him.

            D.O. walked out of the kitchen and greeted Kai immediately, "Hey, you showed up."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter