New Inventions (BaekYeol)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~New Inventions (BaekYeol)~

******This is Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s story of how the two of them met and got together in SM&TDS (Past)******

 

            Baekhyun was a first year wanting to follow his passion of creating amazing work with fondant and being able to go to a prestigious school like SMACSE while enrolled in the Sugar Rush program along with a few of his childhood friends was a dream come true.

            Baekhyun took a deep breath as he stepped into his new classroom at SMACSE ready to greet his new classmates. Upon entering though he saw many things wrong; for one there were no seats just these kitchen stations lining the perimeter of the room (Baekhyun swears he read homeroom not kitchen classroom on his schedule) and there were also no other students in the classroom aside from the really tall (albeit cute) guy standing behind one of the kitchen stations pulling what looked like colored sugar and cutting it into little squares. Putting all the clues together Baekhyun realized what was the overall problem.

            'Great I got myself lost on the first day,' thought Baekhyun dryly as he looked towards the tall guy again. He had to know something about the school right?

            "Hey! Do you happen to know how to get to Ms.Jae's classroom?"

            The tall guy jumped, startled by Baekhyun's voice since he was so absorbed in what he was doing.

            "What!?" asked the tall guy looking at Baekhyun with utter confusion and surprise.

            Baekhyun shot the other an exasperated look, class was going to start soon and he really needed to get going, "Ms.Jae's class, do you know where it is? I'm a first year here, today's my first day."

            The taller's eyes lit up brightly for a moment as he nodded, "Yeah, I'm a first year too, I just happened to find this awesome kitchen classroom and couldn't help but try making a few pieces of candy before heading to class. I'm Chanyeol by the way."

            "I'm Baekhyun. So you know the way to class or what?"

            "Yeah, we're actually in the same class! I'll show you the way," Chanyeol quickly cleaned up the mess around him and led the way towards the classroom with Baekhyun following. As they walked Chanyeol decided to be friendly and reached into his pocket, grabbing hold of a piece of candy he was able to wrap up before leaving the kitchen classroom, "Would you like to try one? This is a new candy flavor invention of mine."

            Chanyeol held up the red square candy for Baekhyun to see.

            Baekhyun looked at the candy for a moment before shrugging, there couldn't be any harm in getting a piece of candy from Chanyeol the taller seemed pretty harmless and this was a patissier school after all. It shouldn't be bad, "Sure."

            Chanyeol smiled brightly, "Awesome! Here you go! Tell me what you think!"

            Baekhyun took the offered candy and easily unwrapped it, popping the candy into his mouth without hesitation. He rolled the small candy around on his tongue but the second that the overly sour yet sweet flavor with a hint of something Baekhyun couldn't really identify hit his taste buds, his face contorted into one mixed between horror and disgust.

            The candy went flying out of Baekhyun's mouth instantly, "Oh gawd! What flavor was that!? I need water or something, anything to just get rid of this nasty taste in my mouth! Are you a complete novice at making candy!?"

            Chanyeol pursed his lips, not really phased by Baekhyun spitting out his candy as he rummaged around in his backpack for a bottle of water that he handed to Baekhyun who snatched it out of Chanyeol's hand, instantly chugging it down. "I'm not a novice, I've actually been making candy since I was little."

            Baekhyun pulled the water bottle away from his lips with an incredulous look, "Are you serious!? Then what was that?!"

            "I told you it was a new candy flavor invention that I was trying out, I combined strawberry, cherry, beet and radish flavor to make the candy," replied Chanyeol innocently.

            Baekhyun gagged again, "WHAT!? I HAD WHAT IN MY MOUTH!?"

            "Strawberry, cherry, beet and radish flavored candy," repeated Chanyeol sheepishly as he scratched the side of his head.

            Nothing was said as those words hung in the air.

            'My first day and I end up meeting a candy experimenter and then nearly died on nasty flavored candy, fabulous,' thought Baekhyun as he handed Chanyeol the water bottle back, "I'm done."

            Whether Baekhyun was referring to the water bottle or just Chanyeol in general the taller wasn't too sure but the next thing Chanyeol saw after looking up from putting his water bottle back in his backpack was that Baekhyun was gone.

            "Huh? Where did-" Chanyeol turned around to see the door to the classroom click close "Oh I guess he went into class already."

            Inside the classroom, Baekhyun immediately spotted his older friends at the back. None of them changed much since he last saw them during the summer, so he quickly approached them without hesitation "There you guys are! I can't believe all of you left me to fend for myself on my first day here!"

            "Baekhyun!" greeted the group of boys happily.

            "Did you get lost? You took forever to get here," said Kris.

            "Yes! Which was why I said I can't believe you left me to fend for myself on my first day!" replied Baekhyun dramatically.

            "But you were the one that said, and I quote, 'It's no problem I can find my way by myself, I don't need you to guide me like a lost child,'" added Xiumin with a laugh.

            "Well you guys should have still went to find me, you'll never guess who I ended up meeting at-," Baekhyun was cut off as Lay suddenly stood up from his seat.

            "Oh, wait, you still haven't met Chen yet! He's a friend I met over the summer, it's his first day too and he going to be living in our dorm with us!" Lay gestured to the other boy beside him that waved.

            "Hi, nice to meet you!" grinned Chen.

            "Same here!" replied Baekhyun instantly with his own grin stretched across his face, "Now as I was saying, you'd never guess what I had endured when this-"

            Baekhyun was cut off once again as a familiar voice behind him said "Hey! Oh, do you guys all know each other?"

            'No way this is not seriously happening, they all know each other!?' thought Baekhyun darkly as he turned around and came face to chest with none other than Chanyeol.

            "Yeah, Baekhyun is our childhood friend," answered Suho.

            "We all met Chanyeol during a summer tour program thing that SMACSE had for incoming first years, but Baekhyun missed it because he got sick. It looks like the two of you've met already though," observed Luhan

            Chanyeol nodded, "Yeah, I helped him find the classroom."

            "Oh, thanks for finding him," smiled Luhan as he turned towards Baekhyun again "Anyways what were you saying Baekhyun?" Luhan turned to look at the crestfallen younger.

            "Nothing, absolutely nothing, I forgot," replied Baekhyun as he just took a random seat in one of the open chairs while the others shrugged it off and resumed their chatter, thinking that Baekhyun would tell them once he remembers.

            'Well this surely was a twist in events' thought Baekhyun as Chanyeol took a seat beside him with a wide smile on his face.

            Oh well, the others didn't really need to know what Baekhyun was going to say anyways.

 

            A few weeks later…

            It was safe enough to say that Baekhyun found Chanyeol to be extremely… odd… Well odder than what he initially thought when they first met.

            Baekhyun found out that Chanyeol was also dorming in the Tea House

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter