To the Nurse (ChenLay)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~To the Nurse (ChenLay)~

******This is Chen and Lay’s confession scene which I wasn’t able to put in Chapter 38/41 of SM&TDS (Present)******

 

            “I can’t believe the nurse isn’t in, what the heck,” grumbled Chen with an ice pack in hand as he sat on a stool in front of Lay, who was seated on the infirmary’s bed.

            “It’s okay, my injury isn’t serious or anything, my wrist just looks a little swollen,” replied Lay.

            Chen was still upset “That’s not the point even if it wasn’t serious it should be taken care of well because it could become serious and that’d be horrible especially since we use our hands a lot in our work as patissiers.”

            "Uh-huh and this is coming form someone who refused to go to the nurse when they were injured but what you say is still true, at least this one isn't so bad that we would actually need the nurse here," said Lay as he let Chen take his hand and place the ice pack on it gently.

            "I am a different matter besides it still would be better if a real nurse took a look at this, I don't even know if I'm doing this correctly," muttered Chen.

            "I think you're doing fine," Lay gave Chen an encouraging smile which caused the younger to look away in embarrassment.

            "Yeah, yeah," mumbled Chen as he stared at the ice pack that he placed on Lay's hand "But seriously those jerks just had to come back and bother us once again, ugh, so annoying!"

            "I know but thank you for trying to stop them," replied Lay.

            "You don't need to thank me for that there's no way I would have let them just swoop in like that and take you away from me," muttered Chen, only two seconds later did Chen realize what he said and he looked up frantically at Lay, "Ah, I-I um mean, um what I meant to say was that I didn't want those jerks to hurt you because you know that's just horrible and Sehun and Luhan were also there and we didn't need a bigger problem and-" 

            Lay gave a laugh, "I know what you mean you don't have to try to explain it, you're a great friend."

            Although Lay said those words without any specific intent, Chen couldn't help the sudden pang he felt in his chest.

            Chen resisted the urge to sigh as he looked at Lay.

            Lay noticed the look and tilted his head a bit in confusion, "What's wrong?"

            Chen glanced back down, his eyes now on Lay's hand that was still in his grasp, "Lay… What if… I wanted to be… more than…"

            The nurse's door suddenly opened as a middle aged woman walked in with multiple medical items in her arms, taking in the sight of Chen and Lay with wide eyes, "Oh! I'm so sorry for being out! I had to get some supplies, is there anything I can help you two with? Are there any serious injuries?"

            Lay quickly shook his head, "It's okay, my wrist was just a bit swollen so Chen was helping me ice it. I hope that's okay?"

            The nurse nodded as she set the items in her arms down, "Oh that's perfectly fine, I apologize for not being able to be here when you came in but if that's all that is needed would you mind if I quickly go back to the storage room, I still need to restock the gauze…"

            "That's fine," replied Lay as the nurse gave the two a quick smile before heading back out the door again.

            When Lay turned back towards Chen, the younger seemed to be pouting. "Why are you pouting like that?"

            "I'm not pouting," said Chen stubbornly as he lifted the ice pack from Lay's wrist to check the swelling "Hmm, looks like the redness has gone down… Do you still feel any pain?"

            Lay shook his head, "I'm fine now."

            Chen raised an eyebrow at Lay, "You truly mean that right? You're not only saying that so I wouldn't worry are you?"

            "No, I really mean it! I'm fine!" answered Lay as he waved his hand around to emphasize his point.

            Chen smiled at the cute sight, "Okay, I believe you. Let me put the ice pack back and we can go back to playing in the Treats Festival."

            Lay felt his heart skip a beat at the amused smile Chen shot him and his cheeks felt a bit heated for a moment but he just shook his head to clear his thoughts.

            "Why are you shaking your head like that?" asked Chen as he came back.

            "No reason, just wanted to clear my thoughts," replied Lay with a shrug before standing up, "Oh, you were also saying something before the nurse came in, what was it?"

            Chen stiffened, "Ah, that… I was just…" Chen could feel his nerve wavering and he sighed, "It was nothing, you can just forget it…"

            Lay frowned slightly, "You can tell me, it doesn't seem like you just want to cast off whatever you were saying."

            'I don't, but I don't want anything weird happening between us either…' thought Chen as he contemplated how he should respond to Lay.

            "Just tell me. You know I won't make fun of you or anything," insisted Lay, he was curious; there were rarely ever any things that Chen would just keep to himself about since Chen was the type to just voice whatever came into his head a majority of times.

            Chen looked at Lay once more and sighed as he gave in, "What if… I said that I wanted… to be more than friends?" the last part came out as a whisper but Lay was still able to catch it nonetheless.

            "What?" Lay's  cheeks felt heated again and he swears his heart beat doubled in speed.

            Chen blushed deeply as he stuttered, "I-I um friends ah m-more than that!?"

            Chen honestly wanted to dig a hole and bury himself in it at the moment for becoming so tongue tied but he more than anything wished Lay would at least say something rather than just stare at him with that wide eyed expression.

            An awkward silence passed through the two of them as Chen fidgeted where he stood. Chen couldn't take the silence after three minutes, "You know, it’s okay just forge-"

            "I think ah well I just-…" began Lay as he cut off Chen's sentence.

            Confusion flashed across Chen's features, 'What? I'm not getting r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter