Suffocating Indifference (Sehun)

EXO Patisserie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Suffocating Indifference (Sehun)~

******A short look into Sehun's Indifference before entering SMACSE (Past)******

 

            The opposite of love is not hate, it is indifference.

 

            “We have another party to go to for one of our clients and they insist on meeting you as well,” said Chunhee adjusting his tie.

            “I understand,” replied Sehun monotonously.

            “Good, be sure to leave them with a good impression,” added his father.

            “Yes, I will,” answered Sehun.

            “Be polite and remain on your best behavior, you should try to mingle with the others during this dinner party,” said Eunmi as she placed her earrings on.

            Sehun didn’t answer his mother; he was not one for interacting with others.

            “Let’s go before we end up late,” said Chunhee, making his way to the car with Eunmi and Sehun following.

 

            The party was just like any other; Sehun has been to plenty of these, a blank expression on his face as he stayed in the corner area hoping to just stay out of sight and not be noticed.

            Out of sight, out of mind.

            Of course things won’t work out the way he wants it to, no, especially not when his parents spot him from across the way and he isn’t able to make a run for it like he wants, so he stays put. He stays put like the obedient dog they want to train him to be because he has no choice.

            He's lost his will to care.

            There's no defining expression on his face, it’s just blank and empty, until Sehun spots his father giving him a stern look and that expression of utter indifference morphs into a well practiced mask of smiles and politeness for the man and his daughter who accompanies his parents.

            Trained dog indeed.

            His parents go into introductions immediately, not forgetting their own masks of humble cheeriness.

            "Mr.Kim, this is our son Sehun, who you've heard so much about," said Eunmi, her most 'stunning' smile directed at the man (their client most likely) with them.

            The man smiled warmly and extended his hand towards Sehun, "Hello, nice to finally meet you, I'm glad you were able to show up to this party of mine. I've heard many things about your developing skills from your parents and I hope we'll be able to work together in the future."

            Sehun shook the man's hand, all the while smiling in a friendly manner as best as he could, "Of course, it would be a great pleasure to work with you someday."

            "I'll definitely look forward to it my boy," Mr.Kim chuckles good naturedly, "I heard from your parents that you'll be attending SMACSE soon? That's a very prestigious school for soon to be patissiers, so it's no surprise that you'll be attending it just like your parents. How do you feel about going to the school?"

            I don't care, it's just something I have to do.

            Sehun quickly glanced at his parents who stared back, their expression a bit more strained as if to tell him to answer this question carefully.

            "I'm greatly looking forward to it, the experience there will be quite beneficial to my learning and I am eager to further my education as a patissier."

            Typical standard answer that everyone expects.

            "Ah, that's very good. I'm sure you'll make the most of your time there," replied Mr.Kim, "My company would greatly appreciate your later works after you develop them at the school. My daughter here simply loves sweets and wanted to attend the school as well but unfortunately her skills just weren't up to par for the school's standards."

            Sehun glanced at the girl who seems to be about his age, blushing embarrassingly at her father's comment while looking at her feet. 'Oh. I get it now. Mr.Kim wants his daughter to attend the school but since she wasn't accepted he probably wants me to-'

            "Perhaps you have a few tips for her to improve her skills? Since you both are so close in age I figured it would be easier for you two to talk to each other," Mr.Kim gave his daughter a little pat, pushing her closer towards Sehun.

            Sehun wanted to sigh out loud. Of course, everyone here is looking out for their own benefits and he can probably say with the utmost confidence that his parents most likely encouraged Mr.Kim to have his daughter receive help from him.

            The girl looked more scared than eager to learn anything from him. Sehun fought back the urge to sigh again, he could put up with a lot of things but being forced into long term communication with someone who clearly didn't want to do the same was something he wasn't going to do.

            So he put on his best smile again, the one that could probably fool even himself and he said in the most politest way he could, "The only tips I would have for your daughter would simply be to continue practicing her skills, if she really has a passion for being a patissier she will surely get there someday. Other than those words I can't really say much more because I am still learning myself.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter