Coffee Shop

Listen!

*ChangJo’s POV*

 

“Hello, I… I came here to meet someone…”

I felt like crying as I heard the boy’s words.

Because it wasn’t the boy I was hoping for. It wasn’t Ricky. Did he even want to see me?

Sighing, I stood up, waving a goodbye to Key before leaving the café. He surely wasn’t going to come today… so I’ll have to return tomorrow… and if necessary, even the day after… and the next one… and the next one…

Hell, I’d wait forever if it’s for Changhyunnie.

 

*ChunJi’s POV*

 

“Ricky, I’m going to sleep a little.” Niel called lazily, before falling back onto the white and cold floor. Ricky hummed slightly in response, more to himself.

Slowly he made his way back to me. “Hyung?”

“I said I don’t wanna sing Christmas carols with you…” I mumbled against my hands which I was holding in front of my mouth, breathing against them to gain some warmth while not even bothering to look at the younger.

“I didn’t mean to ask you just now…” the latter pouted and sat down beside me. “Actually I wanna talk about Niel…”

I looked up when he mentioned our friend’s name. “He’s sad… lovesick.”

“I know that… I know…” he hummed, starting to draw some random lines into the snow. My finger felt frozen while just looking at that.

“So what do you wanna talk about?” I wondered.

“I think we should get him something for Christmas. Last year he told me, that he never received a Christmas present in his life…”

I shook my head. “That’s a nice idea… but did you consider the fact that we’re living on the streets? Where should we get the money from?”

“I think I’ve got an idea…”

 

 

“And you really think that we can leave him alone?” Ricky asked, looking at our sleeping friend.

“Of course we can. He’s old enough.” I reassured him. “And I doubt that we’ll take a lot of time…”

The boy then smiled and nodded. “Okay~ then let’s go.”

Neither Ricky nor I were that affected by the events that took place in the end of the last summer. But Niel was. He stopped being the cheerful kid he used to be. He tried to, but it was obvious that he wasn’t happy. And that was something that bothered me as hell. Because it was my fault. It was my fault because I was the one not getting his love life under control… Of course I hated Byunghun for just being alive… while at the same time I wanted to see him so damn badly.

But he’s in America now, so what.

And now the poor Niel had to suffer under our arguments. I felt sorry for him, that’s why I agreed to buy him a present.

Ricky and I were now walking down one of the bigger streets before we ended up entering a small café.

 

*ChangJo’s POV*

 

“Hey, Jonghyun~ Do you think it’s good for you to sit here every day? Go out, meet some girls – or boys. It’s been three months. Christmas is almost nearing…” Key greeted me as his daily shift began. I was already sitting in my usual corner for like two hours.

Instead of answering I just sighed, knowing that he’s probably right…

 

“Is… is Jonghyun here?”

My eyes widened at the sound of that voice. I didn’t hear it a lot in the past. But I recognized it immediately.

Quickly I jumped up from my chair, not caring about the fact that it fell back.

The cute boy was coming towards me with his eyes glued onto the ground. He seemed to be nervous.

“Ch-changhyun…” I whispered. “You really came.”

“Oh my god, this is like the most romantic scene I’ve ever seen~” Key suddenly squealed next to me. “Now hug him!”

He didn’t have to tell me twice. I ran towards Ricky before wrapping my arms around him. He was probably surprised by my sudden action because he froze in his spot as I hugged him tightly, burying my nose into his hair.

“I’m sorry that it took me so long…” he mumbled against my shoulder. “I didn’t had a chance to…”

“It’s okay, Changhyun… as long as you’re here…” I whispered before hearing a soft sniffle.

“I love you, Jongie.”
“I love you too.”

 

I rushed to the café as soon as Key texted me about Ricky being there. It didn’t even took me more than ten minutes to arrive.

Hastily I tore the door open, making its little bell ring violently.

As soon as I faced the cute boy on our usual meeting point, I relaxed a bit. But… why was L.Joe’s blonde diva with him?

“Hey.” I greeted him, not daring to hug or even kiss him because of our new viewer.

“Hello~” he said, smiling at me.

“Why…” I pointed at the blonde guy.

“I could ask the same.” The latter glared at me.

Ricky looked down, pawing the ground with his feet. “Well…”

“Why is he here?” blondie kept on nagging.

“Because I wanna meet my boyfriend.” I then said bluntly. “And what about you?”
His jaw dropped. “Boyfriend?”
“I’m sorry, ChunJi. I should’ve told you!” it broke out of Ricky’s mouth. “But since you and Niel were so upset lately, I felt like it isn’t right…”

“And lying to us is right?”

Ricky shook his head. He was on the verge of tears, I could clearly see that. Quickly I put an arm around his shoulder, pulling him a tad closer to me.

“I’m sure he didn’t mean to… and seeing your reaction just now proves that he was right with not telling you.” I tried to defend him

ChunJi puffed up his cheeks and rolled his eyes.

“Why are you here, by the way?”

“I… we… need your help. Pretty please~” Ricky looked up at me with his cute big eyes.

I smiled at him. “Of course. What’s it about?”

“We wanna buy a Christmas present for Niel…”

“But you don’t have money.” I stated.

ChunJi started laughing. “Oh man, Ricky… it’s a smart boyfriend you got yourself.”

I glared at him, telling him to shut up.

“Well… we were wondering if…” Ricky started but ChunJi cut him off.

“He just want’s your money, man.”

Nodding slowly, I let go of Ricky, walking towards the blonde boy. “What’s wrong with you?”

“He’s pissed.” my boyfriend explained, making me laugh and ChunJi pouted.

“That explains everything…” I sighed. “So… what do you want me to buy for him?”

 

 

“Ahh~ this looks so cool!” Ricky said in awe as we passed another shop window. He was pressing his hands and nose against the cold glass, staring at a big, fluffy bobble hat. I was sure that you could survive a stay on the North Pole as long as you wear it.

“Do you want it?” I asked, wrapping my right arm around his small waist as I walked beside him.

ChunJi came and pulled Ricky away, causing me to almost trip as the boy was ripped out of my hold.

“Then let’s go inside!” he called. I groaned mentally and followed them into the shop.

Ricky stormed to the hat, putting it on straight away. And damn he looked cute with it. Walking towards him, I put my hand onto his head which was now like two times bigger. “Adorable.” I said before pecking his purplish lips. It was too cold outside, really. So… my baby needed the bobble hat. Definitely.

“Ricky?” ChunJi suddenly called from another part of the shop. Ricky immediately rushed over to him, leaving me a bit lonesome in front of the price tag of the hat. Okay… it’s for my love… and it’s not like I don’t have more money than I could ever spend anyways, so…

Clicking my tongue, I turned around, going to the two boys who were currently eyeing a dark red winter jacket with fluffy fake-fur decorating its hood.

“Niel’s always complaining because he sold his jacket, isn’t he? So why don’t we get him a new one?” ChunJi asked.

Ricky nodded slowly, before looking at the price tag hanging from the jacket’s sleeve. He gulped and turned away. “So… what else could we get?”

Chuckling, I eyed the price tag as well. Well… 1000 dollars for a jacket IS a lot of money… What kind of shop was this by the way?

I followed the boys through the rest of shop, turning every piece of clothing while asking whether Niel could like it or not.

All this time, Ricky just looked so cute, running around like a kid on Christmas… maybe because he was a kid on Christmas… and that huge bobble hat really didn’t lower his adorableness. I really felt the urge to grab him, hug him tight, kiss him…

But no, there had to be our lovely blondie. (Note the irony here)

“Guys?” I finally said.

Both of them turned towards me. “Yeah?”

“I’ll just buy the red jacket… we don’t want the boy to freeze, right?”

“Yaaay~ I love you so much, Jongie!” Ricky called, throwing his small body onto me. “Thank you~”

I pressed a slight kiss onto his cheek and smiled. “No problem, dear. Oh and ChunJi? You can choose something as well… it’s Christmas after all.”

It was the first time I saw a smile on the blonde’s lips. He immediately turned around, grabbing a pair of simple black gloves. “That’s all I need. I guess you’re not as bad as I thought… thanks.”

“Wow, what a nice compliment.” I laughed and made my way to the cash desk to pay for the boys’ new clothes.

After that, we continued wandering around the streets since Ricky didn’t want to let go of my hand. And I didn’t want to let go either.

Actually I wanted to hold his hand and take him home. Because it’s warm there… and I’d be sure that he’s save.

But being the loyal friend he was, Ricky always insisted on staying with his friends every time I suggested taking him with me.

Otherwise… it’s Christmas…

I could let the three of them live with me until the winter is over or…

“Oh blondie, I’ve got something for you.” I suddenly remembered. The blonde looked at me with a questioning face.

Hastily I reached for my back pocked, taking out a post card.

“I’ve been carrying it around for a while already because I was told to hand it to Ricky so he can give it to you… but since I met you in person now…”

ChunJi snatched the card away from me, turning it with widened eyes.

Ricky shifted closer towards me, squeezing my hand. “What is it?” he asked.

I opened my mouth to say something, but ChunJi let out a loud gasp, followed by a sob. His left hand flew up to cover his mouth while his right was clenching the corner of the card tightly.

The blonde looked back at us with tear filled eyes.

“ChunJi?” Ricky asked in a soft voice.

“I… I have to go…” ChunJi said in a broken voice, before taking a few steps back. Then he turned around, running down the street.

“HYUNG!” Ricky called after him, trying to follow him but I held his hand tightly, not letting him go. “Where is he going?”

“The card was from L.Joe, so I guess he’s going to see him… but you should go back to Niel now.” I said. But seeing the worried look on his face, I wrapped my arms around him, resting my chin on his new big hat. “I’ll come with you. And then we’ll go home, okay? Niel can stay with us for a while. And please don’t worry about blondie. He’s going to be alright.”

Ricky nodded and I let go of him.

We leaded me to the place where the boys wanted to spend their night at.

 

*L.Joe’s POV*

 

So I stand with a dead smile on my face

Wondering how much of my time they'll waste

Oh God, I hate these Satan’s helpers

And then I guess I must have snapped

Because I grabbed a baseball bat

And made them all run for shelter

It's Christmas time again

 

The loud music was blasting through my apartment while I was singing along with the loudest voice I could bring up. This Christmas song by Blink182 was definitely my favorite one. Was and will ever be. Because it describes my feelings the best. I hated Christmas with all its faked happiness…

But yeah, here I was. Being totally alone in my huge apartment. Not that I wasn’t through the whole year… but on Christmas it felt even lonelier. C.A.P was spending three day’s with the rest of his family, most probably overeating himself of whatever kind of bird they serve there while my younger friend ChangJo was seeing his liar-boyfriend. He didn’t tell me about that but seeing the way he behaved lately proved my assumption. And that’s exactly why I gave him the post card. Because I knew that he will get it this way.

I won’t be home for Christmas~” I sang the refrain of the song loudly. I was home. Actually I was the only one staying at home.

My whole family was in the US, just like every Christmas. But I just couldn’t leave this year. There was no way I could go overseas or even leave this apartment.

Due to the loud music I almost overheard my doorbell ringing. As the faint sound cut through the noise, my heart nearly stopped.

Could it be that…?

Nah, don’t be stupid Byunghun.

Nonetheless I made my way to the door, feeling my body shaking slightly.

Before I could touch the door knob, someone was banging against the wood as if he wanted to break through.

“OPEN THE ING DOOR LEE BYUNGHUN!!!”

I gulped and turned the knob.

Chanhee was standing in front of me with a tearstained face. For a short second I just stared at him, not believing my eyes.

But as he pushed me inside my apartment roughly, I was sure that my brain wasn’t just playing tricks on me.

“WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, HUH?” the blonde screamed at me, throwing something onto the floor. It was the post card.

Slowly gaining my senses back, I grabbed his wrists and shoved him away from me slightly. “Stop screaming.” I told him. “Just stop screaming please.”

Reaching for the remote of my stereo, I turned it off.

Chanhee stopped trying to hit me. Instead he just stood there, sobbing heavily. I’ve never seen him in such a mess before…

“You’re a coward.” he then whispered.

Sighing I nodded my head. “I’m sorry… but I didn’t know where you were. That’s why I gave it to ChangJo.”

“You could’ve searched for me.”

“You could’ve came here before.”

“I thought you’re in America.”

“I told you that I won’t go…”

“Since when do you give a on what you said?”

“SINCE I HURT THE BOY I LOVE SO THAT HE HATES ME.”

Chanhee was about to say something but kept silent for a moment. More tears were running down his red cheeks while his purplish lips were trembling slightly. Then he turned around, about to leave the loft through the still opened door but I stopped him, pulling him back inside while throwing the door shut.

“It’s cold outside. You can stay here.” I said, not wanting him to leave again.

“Thank you…” he mumbled. A rush of excitement was running through my body as he said that. He never thanked me before…

“Do you… wanna eat something?” I then asked, receiving a nod from the boy.

 

*ChunJi’s POV*

 

After Byunghun cooked something for dinner while I had a quick shower, we were eating in an awkward silence. The only thing that could be heard were the metal chopsticks hitting against the plates.

While eating, I still stared at the empty postcard lying on the table right in front of me.

Yep, the postcard was empty. No single word was written on it.

It was the front side that said everything needed. It showed a picture of a park I knew too well, the park where Byunghun and I went after our day at Lotte World… the park where we shared our first kiss.

That’s why I immediately got the message Byunghun wanted to send me. That’s why I was here again.

“So…” he started mumbling. “How have you been?”

And that’s why I didn’t tell him the thing I came here for… I lifted my right eyebrow. “Are you serious?”

“Sorry… stupid question…”

“I’m glad you noticed.” I scoffed. “But since you asked… my life has been even worse than before. My best friend isn’t talking anymore since he’s hurt so deeply… meanwhile the other one is happily hopping around the place because he’s in a sweet relationship. And everything is your fault.”

“Why mine? You were the one screaming at the ones thinking you're mute.” he shrugged.

I couldn’t even argue that so I stuffed my mouth with a huge bite of noodles.

 

After we finished eating, we sat down in front of the TV, watching a random movie. I didn’t really pay attention to it since I was extremely tired.

“Where did you get these gloves from, by the way?” he suddenly asked, pointing at the pair I dropped next to the door.

“ChangJo bought them for me.” I said, already half yawing.

“You should go to bed…” he mumbled and got up from the sofa. I nodded and followed him to the bedroom.

He opened the closet and took out some new bedsheets before skillfully exchanging it with the one on his bed. Then he grabbed another blanket and was about to leave the room again.

“Where are you going?” I asked him.

“I’ll sleep on the couch.”

“Why?”

He stopped and turned around to face me. “See, we are arguing all the time… I think we need some personal space.”

“What do you mean? The only time we don’t argue is when we’re sleeping tog-“ I stopped talking as he shook his head while sighing.

“I love you, Channie. But do you really think it’s right to drown our problems in ?”

“Well…”

“We should try to live with each other peacefully. Maybe we could compensate our fights when we don’t sleep with each other…”
I couldn’t help but chuckle at his words. “What you’re trying to say is that if we don’t sleep with each other, we’ll evenly distribute our fights through the whole day?”

“Kinda…”

“This is stupid, you know?”

He laughed and nodded. “I know… but see? It already works, we’re laughing, not screaming.”

“I’d rather scream your name tonight…” I mumbled, almost inaudibly.

“What did you say?” he lifted an eyebrow.

“Nothing…” I quickly lied.

“Uh-huh…” he nodded and turned to leave the room. When he was about to close the door he looked at me again, grinning brightly. “Do as you please… but don’t be too loud, I wanna sleep.”

“YAH!” I yelled but he already closed the door.


Yeah... this was chapter 26... and I actually feel like crying, knowing that my next chapter will be the last one I'll write for this story... I really loved writing it.

However... I hope you liked reading as much as I liked writing xD And also I hope for comments, tell me what you think about ChunJoe and ChangRick ^-^

Thank you so much for reading, subscribing, upvoting and commenting~ (you didn't comment a lot for the last chapter... we missed you~)

Have a nice time~ luv ya

 

~IHaveRuinedMyLife <3