Nightmare

Listen!

*L.Joe’s POV*

 

“You made breakfast?” I wondered as I entered the kitchen, woken up by the sound of Chanhee rummaging around, creating loud noises with plates and glasses.

“I thought I should at least do something useful…” he mumbled and sat down at the kitchen table which was all over with delicious looking food. Bacon and egg, croissants and everything else I love to have for breakfast.

Well… he seemed to remember…

“It’s just like back then…” I noted.

“I know… so how was your breakfast in the states?”

“Actually I missed your cooking the past five years…”

“Your fault!” he sang and begun stuffing his face. “You’re lucky that I didn’t forget about my skills while living on the streets!”

“As if that could happen…”

He stopped eating and looked down on his plate. “Five years, Byunghun! ing five years of not knowing where to sleep and what to eat… can you imagine that? No you can’t! Because you live in a pink bubble… Just by snapping with your finger you get mommy and daddy to pay!!” with that he slammed his fork on the table and walked to the door. “Bon appétit!”

But my appetite was long gone with Chanhee’s words. Fight number ten in six days.

I also stormed out of the kitchen, leaving everything like it was. Then I headed out for work.

 

“What’s wrong, L.Joe? You look stressed!” C.A.P greeted me as soon as I arrived at the huge building in the center of Seoul.

I just waved and sent him a small smile. “Everything’s fine!”

“How’s your boy doing?”

“He is alive. And what about fish-lips?” I wasn’t interested at all but better start a conversation…

C.A.P sighed. “He’s fine… I think. I really hope he isn’t too bored when staying alone the whole day… Oh man… it’s so difficult to find out what he’s thinking…”

“I know what you mean…” Even though Chanhee’s able to speak I didn’t exactly know what he’s thinking. He was mad at me. That’s for sure. But I guess there’s something else…

“But L.Joe… I’m really thankful that you accepted to give him a home. And you have to admit that it isn’t as bad as you thought, right?”

“Right!” It’s even worse! “He’s totally carefree.” He’s ing around the whole day… Oh and do you know what’s the worst about it? In some way he’s right… “I’ll go to my office…” I mumbled.

“Good… there’s something wrong with the program… it’s still lacking a bit.”

“Hmm… I’ll fix it…!” I nodded and went to my office.

I really liked my job! And I wanted to solve the problem C.A.P was talking about. But that day I didn’t get further than starting my computer.

I just sat there and stared at the monitor. At my wallpaper to be exact. I didn’t even know why I didn’t change it long time ago. The computer wasn’t even that old. But every time getting a new technical equipment, this picture was the first to be saved on it and put as a wallpaper.

Mainly because it reminded me of the best day of my life… and that one special person…

 

*flashback*

 

“Byungie~” he cheered and hugged my arm. “I wanna take a picture of you!”

“Why’s that?” I laughed.

“Because… you look so happy today! Did something good happen?”

“Of course! I had so much fun today~” I grinned. We spent the whole day in Lotte World, going on scary rides, eating ice cream, buying plushies, wearing animal hairbands… all that stuff.

Now we were sitting in the ferris wheel while the sun was setting down, letting everything shine in an orange light. Cliché!

“Me too!” he sang and let go of my arm. Then he took out his phone.

“Say cheeeeeeeseeee~!”

“Wait no!” I held my hand in front of the lens. “Why don’t we take a photo together?”

“Better!” he shifted closer to me and changed to the front camera. “One… two…”

He placed his soft lips against my cheek the second he took the photo.

I lost my breath for a second.

“Looks cute!” he then giggled as he checked the picture on his phone. “See?”

So it was captured! Lee Chanhee kissing my cheek was captured for eternity. And my shocked expression was captured as well.

I felt like laughing and screaming at the same time.

People say that a kiss causes a tickling feeling in your belly. But I definitely had it in my lungs too. I felt it everywhere.

“I’ll take it as my wallpaper from now on!” he stated. “It’s so cute!”

“Channie?”

“Hm?”

I took a deep breath. “I l… like to have it as my wallpaper too!”

“You like to have? Well… I’ll send it to you!” he giggled.

“Thanks…” I mumbled.

 

As we were walking home, it was getting dark outside and a cold wind started to blow.

Chanhee shivered.

“You’re cold?”

“Ne!”

Without thinking about it I put my arm around the boy’s shoulders and pulled him closer. But instead of walking further, he stopped, turned to the side and looked at me.

Having no other choice I copied his action.

“Byunghun… I like you!” he whispered before coming even closer so that I could feel his breathing brushing against my lips. Then he wrapped his arms around my waist and pecked me again. This time it was lips on lips. I closed my eyes and sneaked my hand to his hip as our lips met in a kiss once more. He started moving his warm and soft lips against mine slowly. And so did I before tilting my head a bit to the side to deepen the kiss.

But then we broke the kiss all of a sudden, just staring at each other. My breathing was a bit heavier than before as I took my hand away from him.

“I’m sorry…” he mumbled.

“No… it’s okay… I guess…!”

 

*flashback ends*

 

I nearly fell off my chair as I came back into reality. The picture of Chanhee kissing my cheek was still in front of me.

“AISH!” I groaned and turned off the computer just for the picture to finally disappear. “It isn’t like that anymore! Things changed!” I said to myself. Then I glanced over to the big clock hanging above the door. It was past quitting time! Everyone else left already. Even C.A.P wasn’t there anymore!

I stood up, took my keys and my jacket and switched off the lights in my office. Now it was only the entrance hall which was spending a bit light around the area. My steps were echoing as I went through the empty hall. In addition to my steps there was another sound audible: It was my growling tummy. I haven’t eaten anything today besides Chanhee’s breakfast.

My steps became faster.

After I locked the door from the outside, I went to my car, got in and turned the key quickly.

But the car just didn’t want to start. I tried a few more times without success, just to finally hop out of the car, slam the door shut and groan loudly. “Damn it!”

I kicked the wheel before stomping off. So I had to walk home… perfect! It’s not like I was hungry…

I walked along under the streetlights, my hands buried in my pockets, my nose hidden behind my scarf. It’s getting really cold outside lately…

As I went past all of these cozy and warm looking restaurants, I became jealous of the people sitting inside, eating delicious meals… Aish! Stupid car!

Even C.A.P and Niel were having a… wait! Whut?

I stopped and looked over to a high classed restaurant. Or should I say that high classed restaurant?

Why were they here? Well because they wanted to eat but… why did Minsoo choose that restaurant? Wasn’t it too expensive to go there with a trickster?

But yeah… he didn’t know anything! He still believed the three boys to be deaf-dumb. Just like ChangJo. I was the only one between us, being fully aware of the fact that the three boys were totally fine. Except for the fact that they didn’t have money nor a place to live… well now they had!

Chanhee told me everything about Niel and Ricky… I had to admit that they were absolutely poor kids. But this still didn’t explain why they had to trick others.

Actually I even planned to tell C.A.P and ChangJo but… as I saw Minsoo and Niel sitting there… smiling widely at each other…

Somehow I knew that it wouldn’t be right to tell him… he seemed to have real feelings for the thick lipped boy… so he should find out by himself…

I sighed and continued my way…

If Chanhee hasn’t cooked something for dinner when I come back, I’ll kick him out of my apartment, I thought and shivered.

 

 

*Ricky’s POV*

 

I really wanted to speak! It was just too difficult to keep my mouth shut for so long.

But I couldn’t! If I spoke, I’d betray Niel and ChunJi. So I had to be silent…

 

Want to play something? ChangJo wrote on the notepad he was carrying around the whole day by now.

Depends on what I answered.

What do you like more? Football or cars? he asked.

I circled the word cars.

ChangJo nodded smiling and got up from the couch. He walked over to his huge flat screen and pulled a Wii from behind it. Then he came back and handed me a controller.

I also had a Wii back then. It was always fun to play together with friends.

As I then heard the opening melody of Mario Cart I got excited. It was my favorite game!!

Oh ChangJo… I’ll so beat you~

Shall I explain you how to play?

No, of course not! I’m a pro! But wait… I’m a deaf-dumb kid from an orphanage… do they play Mario Cart in an orphanage for deaf-dumbs?

Yes please!

ChangJo showed me a warming smile and started an one-player game to demonstrate me how to play.

Then it was my turn.

Be clever and pretend that you never played it before, I thought. So I made some mistakes on purpose.

But what I didn’t expect from ChangJo’s side, was the way he tried to help me.

He shifted closer towards me put his hand around mine to guide my movements like that. And that caused my attention to drift away from the game and concentrate on the somehow comfortable warmth of ChangJo’s hand over mine.

Carefully I turned my head to the side to look at him. His eyes were glued on the screen… at first. But as he took note of me staring at him, he stared back.

Diddy Kong and his bike fell down the rainbow.

 

 

*ChangJo’s POV*

 

As I heard a squeaking noise I immediately woke up. What was it? Was it already time to get up? …Nah… It couldn’t be… so I didn’t even bother to open my eyes. Instead I pulled the blanked up to my nose to get more comfortable again and sleep some more…

But suddenly I felt the blanket being lifted and the mattress dipping a bit as some additional weight was added.

I froze. What the…

Arching away from the warm body beside me, I reached for my nightstand light, switching it on.

Screwing up my eyes because of the sudden brightness, I inspected the person next to me.

The small boy looked at me with his big, dark eyes. Quickly I grabbed my notepad and scribbled down as much as I was able to do after waking up in the middle of the night.

Why?

He sniffled before taking the pencil. I had a nightmare. As I didn’t response, he added: Can I sleep here for the night?

If it helps you… what was your dream about?

Just in that moment I noticed that a tear was rolling down his cute chubby cheek. I took the corner of the blanket and wiped it away carefully.

My past…

If you want to talk about it… I’m here! But now try to sleep, ok?

He sniffled again and nodded.

When I had switched out the light, the boy shifted closer to me and buried his head into the crook of my neck, letting his soft hair tickling my skin.

After hesitating for a moment, I finally put my arm around him, his shoulder with my thumb softly.

As his arms were wrapped around my waist, I couldn’t help but smile a bit.

It was totally right to give this cute boy a home. Definitely! Even if he got me thinking about my uality again… it wouldn’t be too bad to fall for a boy like him, right?

I kissed the top of his head softly before closing my eyes again, slowly drifting into sleep.


Ooooh~ woah tensed feeling between ChunJoe... it hurts... :/

But ChangRick are getting closer~ <3

Hope you liked this chapter and will look forward to the following ones~~ ^-^

Thanks for reading

 

~IHaveRuinedMyLife <3