Alone

Listen!

Chapter 11

Niel's P.O.V

My eyes opened when it was still rather gloomy outside. My body cuddled itself into the warmth of the smooth fabric. My legs rubbed against each other to get the most heat possible. Ceasing to move I sighed out of comfort.

A bed. A fluffy comfortable bed...

Wait! Since when...?

Immediately I sat up panting nervously. Okay, okay come back to earth Niel. I had to remember where I was, how I came here and last but not least what to do now.

First things first. I was at Minsoo's, the house of the guy that gave me that 100$ note. And he brought me here, after he, howsoever, found me and my buddies yesterday in our alley. When he asked me to move in with him I had acted...

Yeah how exactly did I act? Spontaneously? Stupid? Out of intuition?

I blinked a few times. Minsoo hadn't done anything to me, right? I have no reason to think of him as the ert locking me up to have his way. That was just not what I thought of him. I believe him to be my lifesaver. Moreover, my knight in shining armor. Without the armor and the knight thing, though.

Nevertheless, I only stayed over here for like 12 hours. And if he indeed was that kind, was yet to prove.

I swung my legs from beneath the blanket to now sit on the edge of my mattress. The lasting sleepiness made me sitting there randomly for a couple of seconds, not moving at all. Standing up, I rubbed my eyes to get the grit out of them, followed by running my fingers through my tousled hair.

“Morning world...”, I yawned immediately freezing as I realized what I just had done. Quickly my eyes scanned the whole room for stalkers or for cameras. Only when I was 100% sure nobody heard me I heaved out a sigh. Note to myself: Develop from a part time deaf-dumb to a complete full time one!

Actually my first instinct was to head for the bathroom, but remembering what I went through in it yesterday I dumped that idea. I would have to find another bathroom in the house.

I clucked my tongue looking around as if to find something searched. Chewing on my lower lip I found myself next to the mirror, looking at myself. The person I watched behind the glass had deep shades under his eyes, like scares dug in the skin. The far too big lips slightly parted, inhaling willingly. They were streaked by several burst lines covered from fresh scab.

The rest of the human looked pretty clean. I could even make out rests of shampoo in the strands next to the ear. The eyes were clouded but it looked like the fog would sooner or later disappear. To sum it up I couldn't refer to the boy in front of me. It was clear that he was on the upgrade, but the traces of his past were still very present.

I would have to take a pen and write “That's me.” on my forehead, so that I was sure, I watched myself next time.

I closed my eyes backing away walking to the place where I remembered the door. Pushing down the handle I dared to open my view again, now facing the seemingly endless corridor. The question now was basically: How to find the kitchen and the living room, but moreover how to find a bathroom. Maybe I'd meet some of these more or less friendly maids, so that I could ask... Yeah good joke, dear. How do you imagine that? Using my telepathy to send over my wishes and questions? I let out a hopeless sound. Oh well...

Whatever, important was to find a toilet and that made itself felt every second a bit more. My steps echoed through the absolutely empty hall. Nearly kind of creepy. Walking like a lost puppy I had to witness that this house was, despite its modern facade, built very contorted, so that it wasn't like going down the stairs, standing in the main corridor. No. This was one of that kind of houses were you had to go through certain doors to move from one aisle filled with doors, all looking the same, to the next one.

All I could do was to try each and every single door. Most of them were locked and I wondered if they even were used. Some were furnished like mine with a bed, a wardrobe, a mirror. Like guest room. How many visitors does Minsoo's family want to host?

Another room, very much under the hall I spent the night, I figured to be the laundry room, seeing all the washing machines. The people working there looked at me as if I was a creepy manic. Ah yeah. I forgot, to them I was nothing more than this. After they concentrated on their tasks again I quit quickly. Not that I bumped into the girls from yesterday by accident.

To my luck I also found a bathroom to freshen up and especially to powder my nose. I sat down on a chair somewhere in the house. What to do now? I didn't know where in this freakin' house I was, nor did I know how to get to my room from here. Sure I could simply continue to randomly run through the rooms, but... how big was the chance for me to get to a familiar place? Just everything seemed to look the same in here.

I sighed. Trapped in the mansion of my friend. He was my friend, right? He had to be! Only friends would help each other by offering them to live at each other's. Nevertheless... Niel was trapped. I looked through one of the windows in the corridor. Locked in a castle, pretty much like Rapunzel. Now I would sit here, waiting for my prince...

Shaking off that thought I started searching for the kitchen again. The house couldn't really be this big...

 

C.A.P's P.O.V

I parked my S-Class in front of the entry door and exited it. A butler would drive it to the parking later on. That wouldn't bother me now. I was home from work and now I could spend an afternoon with little Nemo. A smile immediately crept up on my face. Hopefully he had slept well and had a nice day so far without much boredom.

My eyes raised to the window of Nemo's bedroom. Maybe I could get a glance... But the curtains were closed. Too bad. I'm sure he did cute things being alone.

Smiling I opened the door, threw my things in any corner and ran to the living room. I totally expected him to be there. But no... no sign of him ever been to this room today. Okay, okay next try: kitchen. He just had to be here. He surely ate something so...

I shook my head at the untouched kitchen unit. Why didn't he come here? He must've been hungry. He had to be! He had lived on the streets, he was far from called healthy in case of weight. Where... like where the hell was that cute little thing I picked up yesterday? Not... not that he left... Not that my sweetie decided to ran away from me because he hates me. I swallowed hard. He couldn't really do this to me, could he?

Last chance, last try. I slowly made my way towards our bedrooms. Maybe... just maybe he stayed there. Maybe he still slept, even though I considered that to rather not be possible. Having arrived at his door, I knocked gently, just to not receive an answer. Carefully I opened the door, peeking through the gap between door and door frame. No ing bit of him.

My left fist clenched. Not because I was angered, but because I felt helpless. It seemed like he left me after only some shared hours. Was it because of me? Was he maybe really afraid of me? Did he think I was going to abuse him? Because when I think it over, from his point of view this would be very obvious. I hid my face in between my palms. I did everything possible wrong.

Having stayed there for a couple of minutes I decided to try one very last thing before I would allow myself to break out in tears and self-harm. I would search him all over the house. And maybe some of the staff members saw him. I nodded supporting and left Nemo's room.

First I tried all the rooms in the corridor I was currently in. Not finding him there either, I rummaged the neighbor aisles. The ones beneath and above this one. Totally whacked I stumbled into the laundry room to ask the maids whether they had seen him or not. The girls caring for the clothes of me and my family watched me horrified, expecting some kind of rant.

“Have you seen the boy I brought here yesterday?”, I asked hopelessly. Why would he have come here, for real. One of them just wanted to answer, when the door opened again, making free the view to the confused-looking kid looking through it.

“This boy?”, the maid asked and I turned around to face Nemo. As I slowly walked towards the guy, (my mind wanted to tell me that this had to be a Fata Morgana), one of the other girls just giggled.

“Ah you meant him. Just say the disabled next time. This pabo over there was here 30 minutes ago I guess. Seems like he is not only physically disabled but also mental.”

The other maids joined her laughter.

I ignored them making fun of my little cutie. All that mattered was that I finally found him. And that I was sure that he didn't ran away...


She's back, She's back. She's back!

Heyy my lovely readers :)))

I feel sooooooooooooooooo great to finally being able to present you the next chappie :) It took me much too long, I knoooww *apologizes*

First I participated a student exchange and this week I had to catch up with the things they learned at school and I had to learn for tests... *sighs* Finally now I have vacation and I wanted you to enjoy that as much as I do~ Vacation will be so nice. I'll be leaving home for a week. And I'll be celebrating several birthday parties AND not to forget there will be my own birthday. *cheers*

Finally getting older... guess that's one of the last times to enjoy that. But but presents!! And party and cake *-*

But I don't want to bore you away. What do you think of the chapter? What do you think of the story in general so far? I'm truly troubled conveying the characters the way I want them to be... Are they appreciable? *hopes*

But enough with my vapouring. Give the story a lots of love; Do Subscribe, Do Comment, Do Upvote <3

I love you~ Annemarie00~