The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Never be afraid to let go, because you never know what greater things will replace what you have lost."

- Unknown

      Bom couldnt stop herself from starring, she was rudely disturbed from her trance by Luen who rushed her into playing.

     "Pssst!" he called Bom by the side of the stage, she turned back to show hes got her attention.

     "Yeah?" she obliviously whispered.

     "Start playing!" he pleaded.

     "Oh right yeah." Bom snapped herself out of it and returned to normal mode. "Its okay." she tells herself. "Its just another normal event." she emphasised as she played the first chord on the piano.

     Suyin who was in between the levelled distance of Luhan and Bom knew about their history. She even knew it was Luhans engagement party in the first place. Suyin kept a close eye on both of them, observing their movement.

     Once the first note was played, Luhan instantly drawed his attention to the music.

     Where is it coming from? He asked himself,looking thoroughly around the ballroom, hand in hand with his fiancé where loads of people had their eyes on him and Mei.

     Satisfied, he found where the harmonising notes were playing from. The stage. A person, a woman of long brown locks pressing onto the piano flawlessly, on time with the beat.

     On time with his favorite song.

     It's like she's and expert.

     Is it her favorite song too? 

     He managed to get a closer look when he and his fiancé sat on their reserved table. 

     Milky skin, killer body and colossal brown puppy eyes.

     I found her. 

     At this point, he wonders if she knows its him. If he knows its his engagement party. If she still remembers him.

     "Amazing, right?" Mei complimented Boms skills in chinese.

     Luhan dazed upon Bom and nodded.

     "I found her on the internet, she's one of a kind and I managed to contact her to play for our engagement party ~ maybe she can play in our wedding ceremony."

     Luhan gulped his spit down as she clung onto his arm tightly to show affection.

     Bom on the other hand felt like she was making mistakes since her mind was all about Luhan. But she played with sheer delight for the audiences ears.

     Not far is Minzy and Daegun on the same table next to Luhans. ~ Close to the front.

     "Noona." Daegun tapped Minzys shoulder.

     Minzy turned to face him.

     "Is that someone we know?" Daegun pointed at the pianist in the centre of the stage.

     "Is it?" Minzy looked deeper.

     "She looks famill-"

     A swifted gasp came out of , disruppting Daegun. "Thats Bom unnie." 

     "Thats who she is!" Daegun beamed a smile and clasp his hands together after finding out who she was.

     "Daegun-ah! Lets go talk to her." Before Daegun could say yes, she grapped his wrist and ran up to the side of the stage, making themselves unseen to the guests.

     They sat down by the steps just admiring Bom, how much shes changed, how shes improved, how sofisticated she looked. 

     Minzy was certain its Bom.

     2 years of not being able to contact her and they meet again in a different place, a different situation, a different country, a different age. Everythings different.

     She rested her head on her gentle arms until Bom stopped playing.

     "Excuse me." Minzy and Daegun heard a heavy and intense voice behind them.

     Both siblings gaped up to see a man standing before them. Someone who looked chinese, suggesting it was someone working for the Fengs.

     They obeyed him and politely moved aside from where they were sat because they were blocking the staircase leading to the stage. Before he stood on the stage, they bowed for respect.

     "Thank you Jenny, you may take a break now." 

     "Its been an hour already?!" Bom widened her eyes.

     "Yes, take a seat anywhere that is free and a waiter should come by and serve you."

     "Thanks Luen." she walked passed smiling.

     Bom noticed two younger ones sat down on the staircase by the side of the stage as she exited, their heads were bowed down towards the floor, she wasnt able to see their faces as she went by.

     Before showing herself, she went thoroughly of what shes going to do without getting caught by Luhan.

     Just as she was about to go get some food, she was pulled by the arm leading her to the backstage.

     She didnt scream nor react, she let it happen.

     When she was able to see who that person was, she knew the female at one glance ~Minzy.

     "Minzy?! Is that you?!" Boms jaw dropped.

     The female smiled gracefully, nodding her head.

     "Oh my gosh! You've grown so much!" Bom wasnt afraid to go in for a hug and squeeze her a little. When she let go, she asked one thing. "Where are your glasses?"

     Minzy was more than excited to tell Bom. "Remember when I said 'I'm short sighted'?" Bom nodded. "There is treatment for myopia, Lasik eye surgery, and I recently got that done."

     "I'm so happy for you!" Bom held onto Minzys hands and jumps around like a little girl despite the fact she's currently 23, she wasnt afraid to show some child-like behaviour. "The first time I met you, you were 15 and now you're 20! This is too much to take in." Again, she held Minzy into her warm embrace.

     Daegun who repeatedly kept smiling had shown signs that he was standing awkwardly by the side whilst they have their reunion.

     "What am I? ~ A sack of potatoes?!" he broke the ice to make him feel noticed and wanted in the conversation.

     "Omo! Daegun-ah! You're voice has changed! It must be puberty!" Bom squeeled, also not afraid to hug Daegun despite his y past.

     "Is that a compliment?" he furrowed his eyebrows when she let go.

     "Yes, of course! How old are you now? You're 12, arent you?!"  Daegun nodded at Boms question. "You've grown to be a handsome boy, just like your-" Bom stopped all of a sudden, not wanting to say the last word.

     "My brother?" Daegun finished it for her.

     "Your brother? ~ What brother? Pfft, since when did you have a brother?"

     Minzy gave bom a 'are-you-serious' expression. "You're in his engagement party right now."

     "Am I? ~ I havent noticed! I didnt even know you had a brother. Bye." Bom waved but she wasnt able to escape since Minzys grasp was too strong for her to leave. "Since when did you turn strong?!"

     "Training."

     "Training? What are you training for?"

     "Soccer, and stop trying to change the subject unnie."

     Bom closed her eyes to let in a deep breathe. "Don't tell Luhan you talked to me."

     "Why?" Minzy looked at Bom with sorrow eyes.

     "If he asks if you saw me, convince him it wasnt me."

     "Why?" Minzy repeated.

     "Pretend I was never here."

     "Why?"

     "Pretend this conversation never existed."

     "Why?"

     "Please?" Bom pleaded, lightly held onto their hands. "I'm begging you. Dont."

     Minzy knew she was going to hate herself for this. She knew she would regret it. Not only for her but for Luhan. "...Okay."

     "Thank you." Bom sighed in relief, turning her back on them.

     "Just to let you know..." Minzy started off, making Bom stop with her back still facing them. "Luhan doesnt love her."

     "That's not my problem." a cold use of words that Bom couldnt bare to say again. First and last time she'd say that. Without hesitation, she walked out of backstage and into the room where the tables were set up and the guests were mingiling.

     Luhans table was eyecatching, the only table in the room that had a considerable size, not to mention its the onky table laid out in pure white whilst the others were dull red yet expensive.

     She made sure Luhan couldnt see her, she didnt want him to see her. Especially when his fiancé was getting very comfortable with him.

     Bom had a plan to hide behind the waiters who served contrasting dishes to the guests. She changed waiters, hiding behind them since they were so tall until she reached the table she targetted which was the same as Suyin.

     "I never get tired of hearing you play." Suyin complimented.

     "You knew didnt you?" Bom raised a brow.

     "Knew what?" Suyin took a sip of wine elegantly as she played innocent.

     "That this is Luhans engagement party."

     "Yes, yes I did." she admitted.

     "Then why didnt you tell me earlier in the car?!"

     "Because I knew you would of left immediatly."

     "Well you were correct." Bom sulked into her seat.

     "You would of regretted it too."

     "What I regret is accepting the offer in the first place." she whined.

     "You should have seen Luhans reaction. He-"

     "I don't want to know." Bom interuppted, seeing as she was being served, Suyin thought it was best not to disrupt her anymore.

     After waiting 12 minutes, Suyin was ready to speak again.

     "I have to go back and play again." Bom announced.

     "O-okay, good luck."

     Bom stood up and cleaned herself up a little before bowing to Suyin. "Thanks." she forced a smile.

     Bom forgot about her plan of hiding behind the waiters, instead she walked confidently back, unfortunatly she made it only halfway when she bumped onto someone unexpectedly who had spilt a little alcohol onto her bare shoulder.

     "Oh, I'm sorry." he spoke in Korean.

     Bom tried to show no reaction, she looked up to see her brother, Chanyeol.

     Chanyeol automatically took out a handkerchief to lightly patt Boms shoulder that was sligthly moist.

     "Er, er, i'm fine, thank you." she kept her head down and spoke english with a strong asian accent.

     Her accent is american, but she did it to not blow her cover.

     "What is she saying?" Chanyeol muttered but Bom heard clearly.

     At a distance were the rest of the boys in formal attire watching closely at Chanyeol who was supposed to come back with a couple of drinks.

     "Looks like hes chatting up that girl." Kai suggested.

     "He may even got her number." Chen chuckled from the background.

     "I'll be the first to tell Dara." Baekhyun got his phone out to take a picture of Chanyeol talking to the female.

     "You dont even know the truth yet." Suho stated.

     "Too late, I already sent it." Baekhyun pulled a cheely smile.

     "The time difference between New York and Seoul is different, she might have a chance to look at it right now." Tao showed some knowledge.

     "It's an 11 hour difference and Seoul is ahead of New York, if its 11PM here right now, its 10AM there right now so there is a possibility she could see it." Sehun smacked his knowledge into Taos face.

     Tao stuck his tongue out like the child he still is.

     Baekhyun felt the vibration and heard his rington from his pocket. "Ooh!" he alarmed everyone at the table. "She replied quick." he informed when he saw the message.

"That girl looks like someone I know."

[Buzz] 

"Omg."

"Omg."

-Dara

"What is it?"

- Baekhyun

"Tell me you see it."

-Dara

"See what?"

-Baekhyun

"That girl looks exactly like Bom!"

-Dara

     The whole conversation, the boys crowded around Baekhyun and his phone. The last text message left everyone wondering which made them rush Baekhyun to get the picture back up on his phone.

     He held his arm out so everyone can see the screen clearly.

     He zoomed into the girls face.

     "That is Bom." Xiumin murmmured, finally realising who it was.

     The boys looked back at the same spot in sync.

     She wasnt there anymore.

     Neither was Chanyeol.

     Suddenly, they heard a melody swoop into their ears that made them have some kind of connection to make them desire to see who was playing.

     "What are you guys looking for?" Chanyeol comes in with the drinks he promised earlier before the unexpected event.

     The boys had their eyes on Bom. It was definatly her.

     "Please tell me you know." Xiumin questioned Chsnyeol.

     "Huh?" Chanyeol scratched his head.

     "Do you know what your sister looks like?" Lay eyed him.

     "Of course I do." He shrugged. "Why?"

     The boys facepalmed themselves. Chanyeol was having trouble in keeping up. There were no words to explain but to just point at the centre of the stage.

     Luhan trying to approach bom but got disturbed, instead Mei does and praise her.

     "Jenny Park?" she spoke in english at the side of the stage.

     Bom stopped playing all of a sudden when she was called by someone. 

     She turned her head to the side of the stage to see Luhans fiancé calling for her. Without any thoughts, she reluctantly approached her.

     "Yes?" Bom forced a smile.

     "I'd uhhh...like to..." Bom knew Mei had trouble speaking in English. "To thank you for...uh coming...at a uh short notice." she nodds her head, going with the flow.

     "No problem, it's a pleasure." Bom shook her hand and she knew at that moment that Mei had no idea what she was saying.

     "P-please have a good time." she said before leaving, with that, they both bowed to eachother as in respect.

     Bom was on her way bag onto the stage until a sudden move pulled her back in. That person had strength. A mans strength. She only hoped it wouldnt be the person shes been trying to ignore the whole night.

     She had her eyes shut tight. Blocking everything out.

     "Open your eyes." He commanded in a deep and husky voice.

     Bom opened them in relief knowing it was only Chanyeol.

     "You havent called, texted or wrote anything to me." He waited for an explanation.

     "You know I'm fine anyways." 

     "But what if one day I get told your gone. And the next time I see you, you'll be a total stranger to me."

     "Not a total stranger..." she whispered throughly.

     "What do you mean? ~ I didnt even recognise you when I bumped into you."

     "How did you find out?"

     "Dara."

     Bom gasped, looking over Chanyeols shoulder. "Dara unnies here?"

     "No."

     "Then how did-"

     "Baekhyun sent a picture and she knew it was you from first glance."

     "How are things between you and Dara?"

     "Stop changing the subject." Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "Why didnt you contact me?"

     "I-I dont know really..."

     "Its always 'I dont know' with you, isnt it?!"

     "Its not my fault I'm torn."

     "It's Luhan again, isnt it?"

     Bom nodded, facing down to not show her tears. "I don't even know how I ended up here."

     "Stop crying, you'll ruin your makeup before your last performance." He took her in for a hug, cupping the back of her head.

     "Please dont tell Luhan."

     "If you dont want me to, I wont."

     "Or your friends..."

     "I'll be coming by to visit you tommorow."

     "Why didnt you come sooner?" Bom took a step back to give space.

     "I only just arrived. ~ Busy schedule."

     "Take care." Bom wished as she left to go back on the stage again.

     Chanyeol dusted off his suit before going back to the table.

     "How was it?!" The boys urged to know.

     "You guys made me look like an idiot." he tried to pull off an intimidating expression, luckily, the members fell for it.

     "So it wasn't her?" Lay asked, having his hopes dragged down.

     "....Nope." Chanyeol turned his head slowly to watch the pianist starting off again.

     By the end of the event, Luhan had the responsibility of saying goodbye to his guests before leaving.

     He stood by the door, waiting for the next guest to go.

     He watched soulfully as Bom began to play her last piece.

     But again, he was interuppted by another guest leaving.

     "Goodbye." He shook their hands. "Thanks for coming." he said in Chinese before letting go.

     He gaped back up at the stage only to see an empty seat by the piano.

     Luhan was up all night, it felt a little bit like Insomnia. Sleeping from one side of the bed to the other. 

     It came to a point when he sat up and decided to do something about it.

     He called for assistance at 4am in the morning, because of his great status, they came in a matter of minutes.

     He let that person into his room to sit down on a table nearby his bed.

     "Yanlin, get me the list of all the staff last night." he ordered, sat down comfortably as his assistant went off to it. He sat drinking a cup of coffee patiently waiting.

     An hour later, he managed to retrieve them to give to Luhan.

     Luhan looked at the papers and only saw Chinese names. "Was there anyone Korean?"

     "Foreign staff are at the back sir." he motioned him to the papers left last.

     Luhan placed a finger on the piece of paper, reading down carefully to see any hangul. Nothing.

     He looked back down when he came across the name 'Park' written in english.

     His english

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter