Wronged

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The wrongdoer is more unfortunate than the man wronged."

- Democritus

    That evening, Chaerin let herself out, making no noise so that Bom wouldnt notice. She needed time, thats what she needed ~ To think about it, she shouldnt jump to conclusions is what she says.

     Bom was left alone for the night, Chanyeol still hasnt come home, she didnt feel worried, if he did get discharged, he'd be with his friends.

     The next day, Bom walked to school alone with no contact of others, the whole walk there, she wondered why Chaerin left without saying a word. Family matters? ~ Maybe she shouldnt ask. But at the same time, shes mentally demanding an answer.

     Music was the first thing, she was early and patiently waited for her partner, Chaerin, in their usual music room. As she set up the instruments, she glanced at the clock, multiple times, showing alot of anxiety. She got to thinking, is Chaerin purposly being late? Was it because of her? Did she do anything wrong yesterday?

     Chaerin walked inside 30 minutes late, she got away with an excuse from their music teacher, now its just Bom.

     "You do realise you're late right?" Bom stayed sat infront of the piano.

     "Sorry, I woke up late." Was she telling the truth?

     "Where did you go yesterday? You left without saying anything."

     "Sorry." she repeated. "Something came up."

     "Like what?" Right after Bom spoke, she realised how rude she was being, she didnt have the right to know. "Whoops, I apolagize, I shouldnt be asking." she backed away.

     Anxiety was also eating Chaerin out alive, for the next 20 minutes, Chaerin failed countless times asking Bom why she had her curling iron. 

     "Hey Bom..."

     "Hmmm?" Bom turned around to face her.

     C'mon Chaerin, its not that hard, you got her attention now, just say it. she kept telling herself. "I really am not mad at you...but..." Chaerin paused, delaying time and leaving Bom more curious.

     "When I was in your room yesterday...I saw m-my" at this point, Chaerin was trembling, Bom might not just be a stealer but also a murderer, afterall there has been a rumour going around school about her stealing and getting arrested. Chaerin thinks shes over reacting, which she herself hopes is true. "Curling iron..." she finally said it.

     "I can explain." Bom panicked. Chaerin stayed calm to show that Bom is free to say anything. Bom inhaled deeply. "I have a disorder...Im not sure if you're aware of it, but Im a kleptomaniac, its when you take things that arent yours and you cant help yourself. I swear that I had no intentions in keeping your curling iron, I dont even need it, it has no value to me. I just have the urge to take things...I was supposed to give it back a while ago but I was afraid of what you were going to think."

     "Its okay, at least you came clean with me, and you were thinking about giving it back." Chaerin started chuckling by herself. "Its funny, I thought you could be a murderer or some kind of criminal because of that rumour aswell..."

     Bom stayed quiet, fiddiling with her fingers giving off a guilty vibe. "They ARE rumours...right?" 

     "Its true I got cuffed, but i never really went to jail, they let me off so many times because of this disorder, the last time i stole something was a month ago in America. The next time I get caught, It would be for real. This would mean, Criminal records, court, and jail. My parents sent me over here in Seoul and I even go to therapy, that building. I tried so hard to not take that curling iron, please trust me, but I just had to"

     "No wonder, why would someone choose this school over julliard?"

     "I told my parents that, but they dont trust me!"

     "So...about the rumours in school, is it true?"

     "No, I have no idea how that item got in my bag, sure I take things sometimes that I do like, and I admit i liked that figurine, but I am very sure I put it back to where it was supposed to be. And If i really did want it, I would of paid for it! - I had enough money!"

     "You should tell that to the court on Saturday." Chaerin insisted.

     "Who says Im going? I didnt do anything wrong."

     "Did you check CCTV?"

     "No they wouldnt let me." Bom rolled her eyes, showing how annoyed she still is.

     "If you dont show up, they'll think you did steal it."

     Afterschool, Bom left for therapy, she came just on time and sat next to Minzy. The whole hour was spent by getting to know the others a bit more, by playing games, knowing their story/past. Bom felt a tad lonely at the time, Minzy wasnt by her side, the whole time, Minzy sat alone starring into space, not wanting to join. Bom asked her so many times to join, however she would reject Boms offer.

     Bom sat next to Minzy straight after the session ended. "Why didnt you walk around?"

     "Im blind, remember?" the two giggled a bit.

     "I did offer to walk around with you."

     "...I'm not really comfortable sharing my past."

     "Oh...okay, sorry for insisting. Maybe one day you'll tell your story to me?" Bom tried so hard to make her fists not get noticed, she was mentally hurting herself, she regretted saying that, maybe Minzy is not comfortable talking to anyone else about it. Besides, they only have known eachother for a week.

     "Maybe." a smile appeared which made Bom feel welcomed and more closer to Minzy.

     Someone sent to pick up Minzy, someone Bom never seen before, maybe it was norma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter