Pain

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

- Lance Armstrong.

     Kris didnt have enough time to find an excuse, especially with the amount of pressure his mothers eyes are glarring towards him.

     Bom takes a second to glance at Kris, is this it? Is he going to tell the truth now? There was nothing she could do, it wasnt her secret to tell.

     Kris could feel his palms slowly turning moist as the sweat starts forming.

     "Well?" his mother impatiently waited.

     Kris gulped down his spit. "Never."

     Suyin choked into thin air. "Im sorry, did you just say never?"

     "Yes. ~ Me and Bom never dated."

     "You said its been 6 years! ~ What happened?!"

     "Yes it has been 6 years."

     Suyin squinted her eyes in confusion and anger. "So you never dated Bom but you've been in a relationship for 6 years? Are you even going to explain?"

     Kris took the moment to inhale deeply before he tells the truth. "I have been in a 6 year relationship, not with Bom. ~ But Sora."

     "Sora? Isnt that our Bom?" Jae Won asked.

     "Actually, Dad, that was all a lie." Bom stood up by Kris to help him, she didnt want him to be on his own, especially when she agreed to help him in the first place.

     Kris was actually surprised that Bom spoke up, he didnt expect that. He looked down to see her big eyes as she smiled back at him.

     "So...who's Sora?" Ji Sun questioned.

     "Sora is my ex. ~ She was the one I dated for 6 years."

     "But why did Bom claim to be Sora?" Su Yin had that disappointed look in her eyes.

     "...Because Sora cheated on me."

     Su Yin had fire in her eyes, she looked like a volcano thats about to arupt however she didnt want to explode infront of guests; She gravs a hold of Kris' wrists and drags him into her room.

     Kris gets onto his knees and begs for his mothers forgiveness.

     "Mom, Im sorry, I truly am sorry. I know it took you alot to get some time off of work and come here, but let me explain.-"

     "Get up." she didnt bother looking at him.

     "huh?"

     "I said, Get Up." she said more stricter than the last time.

     Hearing that tone felt like someone poured ice down Kris' back.

     "Explain."

     "Sora...I liked her 6 years ago, after a while of getting to know her, I started courting her, I really did like her. But only last week I caught her cheating on me." Kris' eyes started to turn wet but he tried his best to hold them back.

     "How is Bom involved in this?"

     "I forgot that you came here for the intentions of meeting Sora. Bom came at the right time, and when you thought she was her, I had the idea of her being my girlfriend until you leave."

     "Give her back her money. Now."

     "I never paid her, she did it all from the good in her heart."

     Su Yin was still disappointed but she wasnt going to shout, people can easily hear through the walls.

     "Boms a nice girl ~ Infact, a very good girl. And I cant believe you would make her do something like this!"

     "I didnt make her!"

     "Look, girlfriend or not, you two have chemistry. You looked after her behind our backs when you could of just sat back and relaxed. The look in your eyes says it all."

     "Huh? ~ Are you saying I like her?"

     "Yi Fan, its not too late, I can tell that theres a possibility deep down that she likes you back, just dont miss the oppurtunity."

 

     As Kris and his mother had a talk, Bom had to explain everything on her own infront of her parents, even the boys listened but they didnt do the talking.

     The next 2 days had been awkward, Kris and Bom didnt approach eachother. Parents have been doing well interracting. Their kids not dating isnt going to stop them from being friends.

     The upcoming days till New Years, the Park Family had been staying together and bonding with eachother for healing time, a bond that they have missed for years.

     Aswell as connecting with eachother, both Chanyeol and Bom had to study for upcoming tests.

     A week into school and every student was busy. Even in the cafeteria you could see kids with their books out studying hard.

     Saturday afternoon, Bom was walking through the streets of Seoul alone. She recieved her monthly allowance from her parents and decided to take a trip.

     Bom walked down a street eating an apple, until a sudden white convertible pulled up beside her. 

     She turned her head to the left to see a person, male-looking, wearing black shades. He takes off his shades to reveal his face, it was Luhan.

     "Get in loser, we're going shopping."

     Bom looks around, to her left, to her right, even behind her.

     "Hello?" Luhan waves his hand 'till he gets Boms attention. "Thats right, I'm talking to you."

     "Sorry, I dont recall myself being a loser."

     "Just get in." he orders, showing his charming smile.

     Bom takes the offer and opens the front car seat. Before putting on her seatbelt, Luhan races off in incredible speed, making the wind blow her hair back. Bom squints her eyes because of the difficulty she was having.

     "Slow down! ~ The police might fine you!" she warns.

     "Dont worry about the cops! And here, wear this so you can out your seatbelt on." he hands her the same pair of sunglasses so her she could see better as she puts on her seatbelt without the wind getting in the way.

     "Where are we going? And why are we going shopping?" she asks as she fixes her messy hair even though she knows very well that the wind is going to spoil it again.

     "Your brother is throwing a party."

     "A party?! When?!"

     "Monday night."

     "What?! Thats a school night! And the night before our mock tests!" she informs.

     "I know."

     "Does he know?"

     "He knows."

     "Why did he do that?!" she screams.

     "Its the only time your parents are out of town and we do it every year."

     "You guys party the night before exams? ~ That is so lame. I bet you guys get Ds and Fs."

     "I got straight As actually."

     "Pfft....I wont believe it till I see it." she folds her arms in jelousy.

     "Believe what you want." he pulls over into a parking space infront of a mall.

     Bom didnt walk next to Luhan, she followed him since she had no idea where she was going.

     She didnt recognise this certain mall, she didnt even know it existed. Bom was already being judgemental, its a mall for the rich and powerful. Whilst everyone was wearing clothes that are more than $1000, she's casually dressed in jeans and a shirt.

     He leads her into a shop nearby the exit, the store was very popular among both poor and rich. Versace. ~ Very lucky if you can afford even a shoe lace from that brand.

     "Welcome Mr.Lu, please feel more than welcome to try on our new clothing stock." a women that appeared to work there seemed to only appreciate Luhan coming in, isolating Bom.

     Usually, that woman would walk around with Luhan, holding the things he'd like to take out. ~ Not today.

     Bom kept following like a pet beside him. "What are we doing here?" she whispers from behind.

     "Buying a dress for you."

     "What?! Why? I can buy my own clothes!"

     Luhan turns around to look at Bom from head to toe, he tried to contain his laughter at her fashion choices for the day. "Clearly you can pick your outfits." he sarcastically said.

     "Today is lazy day." she rolled her eyes.

     "Hold this." he hands her a long black but tight dress.

     Bom takes it and holds it in front of her body. "This sort of thing isnt my style." she scrunches her face.

     "But you'll look decent-looking in it." he smirks.

     Bom groans and throws the dress on the floor. "Im out of here." she turns around but Luhan grabs her by the hand, not the wrist but the hand.

     "I was just kidding, you'll look...charming." Bom could easily see the red creeping up on Luhans face.

     The reason why he hesitated is because he hardly ever compliments girls, not even his mother or sister, that would be the first.

     "Versace doesnt even suit me, plus im not going to let you waste $1,000,000+ on me." Bom exaggerated.

     "It wont be a waste, why? ~ Because you'll be wearing it at the party."

     "Who says Im going?"

     "Well, the event IS at your apartment."

     "I'd rather lock myself in my room for the night and study."

     "Where's the fun in that?"

     "I dont know about you, but I want to be succesful in life."

     Flashback...

     "You got an F?" his seemed-to-be grandfather asked calmly.

     Luhan look down at the floor where he could see his own reflection.

     "Tell me how an F is going to get you into university!" he shouts out of frustration.

     "I-I-I can fix it." Luhan stuttered.

     "By what? Going to a music school?! ~ Getting an F is one thing but thinking about music is another, it gets you nowhere in life." 

     "Its...intresting." he dared to say so infront of his strict grandfather.

     The old man sighs and takes a seat, he wasnt going to bother and shout, incase of his blood pressure. "Look, Luhan, I dont want you to be like your father. He also had the choice to take over my company but instead he chose law school and became a lawyer. ~ You have so much more potential in leading my company and you will become very succesful with a brain like yours, but its all going to go to waste when you attend that school...Think about it."

    Luhan drops Bom off infront of her apartment building before 8pm, she returns to her door step with at least 5 shopping bags in each hand. She was unable to press the doorbell or knock so she had to press the doorbell with her nose.

     As she did so, Chanyeol opens the door. "Where have you been? Mom and dad were worried."

     "Again?" Bom says as she walks in, noticing they werent there. "Are they in their room?"

     "No, they went out."

     "To look for me?"

     "No." Chanyeol scoffed. 

     "So they we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter