Dawn

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"If you bumped into me, what would you do? Would you hide yourself in your gentle hands or would you fall in love like how I fell in love with you?"

-Unknown

 

     "Luhan! How's your first month in Beijing?" His mother appeared open-eyed on his laptop on skype with Daegun and his stepfather.

     He answered with one word to describe his stay. "Tiring." he massages his eyes.

     "Hyung, what did you do?" Dae Gun wondered.

     "Nothing associated with the company yet so far if thats what you're wondering. I still have to finish my studies but its burdensome when you have to start a whole new topic you arent familliar with. I did music and dance for 2 years straight now I'm here in one of the biggest and well known universities in China studying maths, buisness, geography and more." He rested his head onto his arm.

     "Are the people nice there? Did you make any new friends?" His mother worried about his relationships.

     "I dont have time for that right now, mom."

     "Sorry. I'm just worried that all of this might cause you stress and anxiety. You should take a break once in a while, yes?"

     "Okay." he answered to stop her from being concerned. "But..." he looks closer at the screen. "Where is Minzy?"

     Automatically, Daegun looked at his parents who were looking at eachother. Luhan smelt something fishy and he demanded to know what it was.

     "Studying."

     "Therapy."

     His parents panicked and ended up making an excuse in the same time.

     Luhan raised a brow, not believing any of it but wanting them to explain further.

     "Shes in therapy, studying." His mother forced a smile.

     "Minzy has therapy on Tuesdays. Last time I checked, its Saturday today. You of all people should know that mom. Where is she?" he asked showing no emotion.

     Once more, his parents gave eachother one look and they thought the same thing.

     "If I tell you, you have to promise me that you act like you never knew about this."

     "Why? What happened?" Luhan became more and more curious.

     "And dont tell your grandfather."

     "Tell me now."

     "Promise?" his mother urged him to.

     He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Fine, yes I promise. Now where is she?"

     "At the hospital."

     "What?!" he instantly jumped out of his seat. "I'm going back to Korea right now." he said with determination, hurrying to find his suitcase.

     "Yah! This is why I made you promise! If you turn up to our door, I wont let you in." his mother glarred.

     Luhan ran back to his seat infront of the laptop. "And why not?"

     "Because you would of broke your promise."

     "Promises are made to be broken, right?" he learned from his experiance.

     "Well my promises are different. And you dont even know why she is in the hospital, so calm down."

     "The fact that you had difficulty telling me that she is in the hospital and making me promise tells me enough that shes hurt." he defended himself.

     "One more word out of your mouth about coming back and we'll move houses and I'll make sure you dont know about it." 

     "Harsh." Dae Gun commented from the background.

     "Well he's not aloud to come here."

     "So I'm not welcomed into my own house?"

     "Yes."

     "Why?" 

     "We called you 2 days ago on your phone but your grandfather answered. We told him about Minzy being in the hospital because of a -"

     "A ?!" he interuppted, jumping out from his seat again.

     "Luhan, please sit down and let your mother explain." his stepdad hushed.

     "Yes, a . And your grandfather said not to inform you about it or else we'll loose contact with you in any form. Phonecall, letters, webcams, anything. He knew that that you'd go back to Korea if we told you."

     Luhan broke down heavily onto his table. "Make sure you update me on what happened." he calmly ordered, restraining himself from leaving Beijing.

140524

     Luhan dumped a pile of textbooks on his desk as he settled down for a few minutes before overworking himself again.

     Night after night, he would study what he went over in college that day. It was an option if he wanted to or just relax. But he chose to study over and again. Why? ~ He never understood it in school, he went over the topic again and again until he got it.

     He his laptop to see his mother online on skype. Without even messaging her, she was already calling him.

     "Luhan!" she screamed with joy until she saw his face that said 'exhausted' all over him. His body language was more than just weak, pale skin that didnt look healthy at all and his eyes had eyebags in the making. "Omo! You dont look good at all!" she became even more concerned just by one glance.

     "I'm okay, I'm fine." he rested his back on the seat, giving him support.

     "Have you been oppressing yourself again?" she bit her lip and fiddled with her fingers.

     "I said I'm fine." He repeated.

     "No Luhan, you're clearly not." she believed her instincts instead.

     Luhan ignored her. "Why did you call? I have work to do."

     "No, you have some resting you need to work on."

     "No time." he ran his fingers through his untidied hair.

     "If you don't rest, I wont tell you what happened with your sister."

     "What happened?" he sat up confidently on his own.

     "So you want to know? I'll tell you if you get some rest. And take a couple of days off too."

     "Grandpa wouldnt allow it." Luhan shook his head.

     "I'll talk to him about it, okay? Luhan I dont like you going over to Beijing to study if you're just going to end up tired and still wanting to study. If this keeps happening, I wont sit down and watch you get seriously ill." 

     Luhan cleared his throat before speaking. "Okay, I get it mom. Now tell me about Minzy." he hurried.

     "A miracle happened."

     "A miracle? Arent you just over exaggerating mom?" he sighed in disbelief.

     "You'd call it a miracle if Minzy gained her sight back!"

     "She did?!" he squawked.

     After hearing she gained her sight back after 5 years, theres no doubt he wouldnt be excited to see her yet surprised.

     The best news thing hes heard since his 2 months stay in Beijing.

     "Where is she?!" he became desperate to see her.

     "She's downstairs eating dinner right now."

     "This,this, this is great. I'm really happy for her. I cant wait to talk to her." he smiled showing how overwhelmed he became.

     Strange how he looked like he was on the verge of death then in the time of one second, his face changed to something you wouldnt think of.

     "But how? How did she gain it back?"

     "The !" his mother beamed a wider smile.

     "You make it sound like thats a good thing." his mouth became slanted.

     "Because it is!"

     "I dont follow." he scratched the back of his head.

     "I dont know how, but when she woke up, she was able to see where we were, where the directions to the door were and everything else. Her vision isnt great right now, shes short sighted. But that can be treated, right now we have prescripted her with glasses." she explained it clearly enough for Luhan to not be able to stop smiling.

     "I cant wait to see her."

     "We're truly blessed."

     "I feel blessed aswell."

     After some catching up on what has happened in both of their lives, Minzy entered the room to see Luhan for the first time in 5 years. Sadly, its not in person.

     "I'll leave you two on your own." their mother had her hand held behind Minzys back, guiding her down to the chair before leaving.

     "Wow, oppa, you're really handsome!" she exclaimed, pushing her glasses back.

     He laughed away the awkwardness after showing the little hints of blush on his cheeks. "Do you like it?"

     "Like what?"

     "Sight."

     "Of course! Its just like how I left it, heavenly. Life is so precious." she giggled.

     "I've never seen you this happy before."

     "More happy than when I scored the winning goal for my team?"

     Suddenly his smile turned into a apologetic frown. "I'm sorry..."

     "Sorry for what?"

     "Leaving right before you gained your sight back. I could be teaching you new tricks that you've missed out for the past few years. I could be taking you to public school now instead of having you locked up in your room being taught by my friend. I could be making you happy."

     Minzy bit her lip, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry too."

     "You dont need to feel sorry about anything."

     "Well I already am. I dont want you to feel like its your fault that I'm blind. I dont want you to feel like its your fault that I'm not able to experiance new things. I'm fine on my own right now, and I hope you're able to accept the fact that I'll be here and you are over there. Therefore, I am truly sorry, and maybe one day you'll come back to teach me more."

     Luhan lost it. He broke down, cupping his face with his hands, pouring out his tears, only blaming himself.

     Minzy looked from side to side as she heard Luhan sob, desperatly thinking of a new subject.

     "You know..." she started off her sentance, watching Luhan lift his head up, wiping his tears away. "I've seen her. ~ For the first time."

     "Who?" he sniffed.

     "Bom unnie. She's just like I imagined, beautiful." 

     Thinking about her and hearing Minzy compliment her has already put a smile on his face.

     "She is, isnt she?"

     Minzy nodded. "I can see why you and Kris would fight over her. Not only shes attractive but before I gained my sight, she was the only person confident enough to talk and open up to me in therapy. She has a warm aura that anyone couldnt deny to have as a friend, someone who could remove all your problems."

     "You forgot that shes stubborn." he chuckled.

     "Yes, I've noticed that." she giggled. "Have you contacted her yet?"

     "No. She probably doesnt want to see me, you know, after leaving her."

     "It was her birthday aswell."

     "I know..." he looked down on himself. "I regret not telling her. But if I saw her before leaving, I know I would change my mind instantly."

     "I'm sure she misses you."

     "Does she ever...mention me?"

     "Everytime I see her." she informed, putting another smile on him.

     "Hows therapy?"

     "Are you asking about me or unnie?"

     "Both. You're my favorite girl, how can I not ask about you?"

     "I wont be attending anymore since I gained my sight. Boms improving her disability alot. And c'mon oppa, lets be realistic, we both know that thats going to change."

     "No its not. You'll always be my number one." he reassured.

     "Thats a load of bull."

     "Yah! Who taught you that language?!"

     "I didnt even swear." she couldnt help but laugh.

     "Who taught you?" he eyed.

     "Your friends are having a big influence on me."

140721

Graduation Day, Beijing

     Luhan was being watched by his family who came from Korea for the big day.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter