Settling

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better."

- Haruki Murakami

     Bom took a quick glance behind her, looking at Kris who was also confused, he shrugged his shoulders and continued to drink his smoothie like their wasnt anything to panic about.

     "Erm...what makes you think I'm Sora?" she forced a smile, hoping that the woman wouldnt find her rude.

     "You're exactly as what my Yi Fan described you as!"

     "Huh?" she remained clueless.

     "Dont act like you dont know. My Yi Fan always talks about you on the phone, how you're pretty, smart, funny, I guess he wasnt lying!"

     Bom nervously gulped her spit down. "'Your Yifan'? Are you his mother?"

     "Yes, who else would I be?" she kept her gorgoues smile on, her youth was no joke. ~ wether she had plastic surgery or not, she did not look like a mother.

     "I thought you would be his cousin or something." Boms eyes widened.

     "awwwh." his mother blushed at the compliment.

     "Chanyeol is taking his time in the toilet."Bom thought, all she could think about was when Chanyeol is finished.

     The mother has been talking for quite a while now to both Bom and Kris, Bom is wondering why Kris hasnt told her that hes not in a relationship with her, or why he didnt tell her that he and Sora broke up. 

     For the past 6 years, his mother never saw Sora in person? For the past 6 years, his mother never seen a picture? And why out of all times did she come that day and assume that Bom was his girlfriend, she wondered why.

     "Sorry I took a while, I kind of got lost, havent been here in a while." Chanyeol barged in without knocking due to how comfortable he is around Kris. "Ah, hello mother." he bowed instantly once he spotted Kris' mom.

     "Hello...erm..." she greeted, not remembering him.

     "Chanyeol." he smiled, he was a tad embarrassed that she didnt remember him from the first glance, but he let it slide because he only saw her once in a video chat around 2 years ago.

     "Ah yes, Chanyeol."

     "How long have you been here?"

     "For about 3 days." she stated as they both settled themselves down.

     "How long are you staying?" Chanyeol asked, he didnt know that he would ever see Kris' mother in person, this is probably the first time in years that she came to visit Kris.

     "Well, I came here to meet Yi Fans girlfriend. He has been dying for me to meet her, but I couldnt. Now I'm here because I finally got a chance to take some time off of work."

     "Wait, that was today?" Kris asked, remembering the date.

     "Mmhmm." 

     "Yi Fans girlfriend?" Chanyeol was in his own world.

     His mother olaced her hand underneatg Boms face. "Yes, the pretty one."

     "Kris, you never told me you and my sister are dating?!" Chanyeol stood up in shock.

     "This is your sister? Omo, the genes must run in the family." the mother giggled, staying calm. 

     Chanyeol kept looking at Bom, wondering what he missed but Bom gave him signs, meaning he is misunderstanding however he didnt quite get it.

     "Sora, you must be hungry, how could I not bring you some snacks, also, your brother must be hungry aswell. I'll be back with some healthy food."

     "Sora?" Chanyeol repeated.

     "But mom, theres loads of food around us." Kris reffered to the amount of junk food surrounding him.

     "I said healthy." she gave him a dirty look and a warm smile to her guests before leaving the room.

     "Did you not tell your mother that you broke up with Sora?!" Bom blew up like a bomb once she knew Kris' mother was far enough so she wouldnt be able to hear what they were saying.

     "...No."

     "Wait...so you guys arent dating?" Chanyeol was trying to figure it out.

     "Yes, keep up." Bom stated. "Why havent you told her?! And why did you just sit there and not tell her I am Park Bom, not Jang Sora!"

     "Jeez, you're making yourself sound like some kind of celebrity." Chanyeol chuckled in the background.

     "You're still quite new here, let me tell you a bit about my mother. She is one of the most scariest people you will ever meet."

     "Scariest?" Bom scoffed, Bom turned around to look at Chanyeol who stayed quiet.

     "For years, I've been asking her to meet Sora, shes always rejected it. She says 'love isnt real' and all that kind of sh**, I wanted to prove her wrong, but she would always mention that. But now she finally took time off work to see Sora, if she finds out that me and Sora broke up or that she cheated on me, she will go mental. ~ Especially because she missed work, she loves work, she is a workaholic, yes that exists. And if she does find out, she would say 'I told you so' and go on and on about how love isnt real. To be honest, I still want to prove her wrong, even though Sora cheated, that doesnt mean I never felt something for her, 6 years has been a long time. A couple years back, my mom made an agreemant with me that if I was still with Sora till this day, she'd meet her."

     "What are you trying to say..." Bom nervously said, hoping that he isnt thinking what she was thinking.

     Kris sighed. "I cant believe I'm doing this." Kris muttered under his breath.

     With no delay, Kris got onto his knees and begged infront of Bom. "Please be Sora until she leaves."

     Bom couldnt believe that Kris did that action in front of her, she never thought that he would do that someday, especially to her, especially today. He's cold, also quite stubborn, is it right for him to do this?

     Bom looked back at Chanyeol who had his jaw dropped, Chanyeol looked back at Bom for her descision but she was looking back at him. All Chanyeol could do was shrug his shoulders, its Boms choice now.

     Bom and Chanyeol didnt say anything on the way back to the car, Bom was afraid that someone might hear inside the mansion, Chanyeol was just being his natural self.

     Once Bom settled inside the car, she wasnt afraid to ask all the questions that were bugging her.

     "Did you know?"

     "Know what?" Chanyeol started the car and drove off.

     "That his mother was 'scary'?" Bom still found it hard to believe that Kris described his mother like that, after all the compliments, offers, food and soft tones, how was she 'scary'? Was there another side to her?

     "Kris mentioned about her personality once, but I forgot. Anyways, he begged and went on his knees, he's obviously telling th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter