Sincerity

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "The secret of success is sincerity."

- Jean Giraudoux

     After a few moments, Bom felt Luhan letting go, she leisurely opened her eyes to see Luhan smiling. ~ Is he happy now thay hes let it out?

     Bom was speechless, at times like this, she looks around to pass the time. 

     "What is it?" Luhan asked.

     Bom ignored him, it was really awkward, she didnt know wether to leave or to stay, it would still be awkward the day after, maybe for the rest of their lives.

     Bom couldnt stop moving her eyes, she looked up and saw a mistletoe. 

     "So thats why you kissed me?" she asked.

     "Huh?"

     "You didnt have to make up a lie about liking me just so you can kiss me."

     "I dont follow..." 

     Bom pointed north, Luhan looked at that direction, on top of the door was a mistletoe.

     "That was great timing." the corners of his mouth lifted.

     "N-no..." Bom stuttered and left without saying anymore. She heard Luhan shout her name a couple of times but she had no intentions of turning back.

     She ran to her room and closed the door behind her. She put her weight on the door and she slowly melted down to the floor. 

     "He likes...me? ~ No, he only said that just so he can kiss me. There was a mistletoe, you have to kiss someone when you're under it. ~ Its tradition, right Bom? He doesnt like me, noone does and noone will, its going to stay like that. That kiss meant nothing." the whole night, Bom convinced herself thats its impossible for someone to like her. Even when Suyin and Jisun was sleeping soundly, she spent every minute thinking about it. 

      Suyin woke up early just to make her guests breakfast. Its Christmas day and she really wanted to make the breakfast special.

      Because of the different times people slept at and their different sleeping habits, they all had breakfast when they woke up, which meant they didnt have breakfast at the same time.

     The very last person to wake up was Bom, 10:30am and she still isnt awake.

     "Should we start without her?" Jae Won suggested.

     "No! We have to do this together." Suyin stuck to what she planned. "Yi Fan." she called, he faced his mother. "Go wake Bom up. But dont be too rough."

     Kris didnt leave any facial expression, noone knew what he was thinking, did he want to do it? ~ Or not. He left quietly to do what he was told.

     He peaked his head inside the room and opened the door which creaked. He couldnt help himself but chuckle a little once he laid eyes on Boms position. Her head was dangiling and to top it off she was drooling. 

     Kris walked to the bathroom that was connected to her room and got a tissue to wipe her face. Just one touch and she changed position.

     "No, he doesnt like me." Bom murmmured in her sleep. "His lips..."

     "Who doesnt like you? ~ A-and, whos lips?" he whispered. "Yah..." he said in his normal tone. It seemed like she didnt hear him. "Yah." he said, slightly louder. 

     "5 more minutes." she snored.

     Kris sighed. "Are you really going to be like this? Its Christmas!"

     "Christmas?" her eyes were closed but her eyebrows lifted.

     "Are you going to wake up or not?"

     "I am awake."

     "Awake my a**." he scoffed. Took him a second to think of an idea on how to awaken her. "Mum cut watermelon."

     "Mmmm....Watermelon." she smiled and hugged her pillow.

     "Dammit, I need to try harder." he questioned himself alot of things in his head. What does she love? ~ Corn! But he wanted to try harder. "Whats that Xiumin?" he pretended he was talking to Xiumin. "Youre taking the last piece of bread?"

     In an instant, Bom opened her eyes and stood up without stretching. She sprinted for the door and pushed Kris out of the way. Straight to the kitchen she ran, passing the living room full of people, but she saw no signs of bread when she reached the kitchen.

     "Wheres the bread?" she scratched her head. She gasped at the possibility of where it could be. "Wheres Xiumin?!"

     She walked out of the kitched calmly, all eyes were on her. "Honey, why did you run pass?" Jisun asked.

     "Wheres Xiumin?" she scanned everyones faces and spotted who she targetted. "Wheres the bread? I know you ate it, why didnt you leave anything for me?! I havent even ate yet!" she whined.

     "Bread? What bread?" he said with a confused look on his face.

     "The bread that Kr-"

     She was interuppted by the small but evil laughter by the door. "You're such an idiot." everyone looks over and sees Kris smirking.

     "Yah! ~ Language!" Suyin warned him.

     Kris defended himself. "Wha-?! I didnt even swear."

     "Even so, you shouldnt use that language against your girlfriend." she scolded.

     Bom stuck her tongue out towards Kris and watched him take a seat next to Luhan. Thats when she remembered what happened last night so she stayed quiet.

     "We can finally start giving our presants!" Suyin announced.

     "Now..." Jae Won started. "I have to admit, that I dont know a thing about you boys." the majority laughed. "But that didnt stop me from buying you gifts before the trip. With the help of Chanyeol, I was able to get each of you something." Jae Won started rummaging through one huge black bag full of presants next to the Christmas tree.

     "Yea, father and Son!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "Were always on the same side, a duo. ~ Its us against the world. Hes the straw to my berry, the Cheese to my cake, the peanut butter to my jelly, the apple to my pie, the-"

     Sehun interuppted and cut to the chase. "You didnt get us anything did you?" Chanyeol changed to silent mode.

     "You also made it sound wrong in so many ways." Baekhyun laughed.

     Jae Won took out the first gift out the bag. "So you're saying you didnt buy a gift for anyone?"

     Chanyeol shook his head.

     "Chanyeol, you're 19 years old! You have money and you didnt get them anything?"

      "But that means I'd have to give them a gift and my money." he whined.

     Jae Won gave his son a whack in the back of his head. "You little brat." the kids laughed, Chanyeol did too, noone actually took it seriously. "But really Chanyeol, you should be giving them gifts, especially in a holiday like this."

     "I figured...you would let me in on your gifts." he tried his best with aegyo but his father pulled a pokerface. "Well...like you said, I did help you with choosing the gifts, I should get my share."

     "Im not offering you money."

     "No, aigoo, nevermind." Chanyeol sulked on the sofa.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter