Farewell

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Whilst the other kids run to their parents with joy, I will be there with my eyes closed and with this rose against my heart. My tragic past bought me to the end. The end to all the pain. I promise I will make you proud, just promise me you'll be forever in my heart."

- Unknown

     "Errr...Bom?" Kris broke the silence. Not knowing wether Bom was thinking about it or just gazing for an irrelevant reason. Nevertheless, the atmosphere was awkward and he didnt want to be stood any longer.

     "Huh, yes? Sorry." she babbled, hitting herself into reality.

     "Valentines day." Kris reminded.

     Automatically, Bom became downhearted, thinking about the answer once again. "I'm really touched. I assume you know that, yes?"

     Kris nods confidently.

     "But..."

     "Oh no." Kris blurts out.

     "What?" Boms lips formed into a smile.

     "I'm about to get rejected, right?"

     "I wouldnt say 'rejected'." Bom glances at Kris innocently.

     "Then what would you call it?"

     "'Jilted'." Bom confirmed.

     "Thats the same thing." Kris laughed it off.

     "How would you know?"

     "Reading is one thing."

     "I see." Bom was impressed, her smile reassured her.

     "But...did you just call me dumb?"

     "No, I didnt mean it like that." Bom panicked, taking a step back as Kris takes further steps closer to her.

     "Oh, so you thought it?" he continued to walk forward until she had contact with the wall behind her.

     "No, obviously not." the rolling of her eyes happened.

     "Thats not how I think of it." he smirks before attacking her with his large hands, tickiling her by her sides and neck until she couldnt take it.

     "Ahahahah! Stop! Thats my weak spot!" she blurted as she couldnt help herself but laugh.

     "Say you'll be my valentine." he didnt stop, showing no mercy.

     "Thats so unfair!" whining, as she was continuously attacked.

     He stopped when she melted down to the ground. "I'm just kidding. I'll see you later, okay?" he gives her the roses that was in his hands, gently patts her head before a tended kiss on her forehead

     Boms eyes widened at the sudden action.

140220

     23:30PM and Bom was on a roll with her dramas. Watching dramas on her phone late at night was something she has been doing lately and something she enjoyed too.

     But what ticked her off was the galling noise of her ringtone, alarming every minute. Turning it on silent, she begins to feel anxious about the text messages.

"Hey.

What are you doing?

Are you awake?

Call me if you are."

- Luhan

"I'm watching a drama right now."

-Bom

"What happened to the 'call me if you're awake'?"

Luhan

"I'm getting to the good bit! :P"

-Bom

     Instantly, after sending the message off, Bom felt and heard her ringtone again, the screen showed the caller ID of Luhan. Without doubt, she accepts his call.

     "Yes?"

     "Wanna go out?"

     "Again?" Bom whined.

     "We only went out once at night."

     "I know, but I'm lying down so comfortably in my bed right now." she pouts, knowing Luhan cannot see her.

     "Sounds fun." replied with a sarcastic tone. "Can I join you?" he hides his grin through the phone line.

     "You're not even intrested in dramas."

     "I can try."

     "No." she stays serious but giggles in the end.

     "Alright, but you should come out."

     "Give me one good reason and I'll consider it."

     "Because its something you'll remember."

     "What a poor reason." Bom scoffed.

     "No, I'm serious. This is something you'd remember, and you wont regret it." 

     "Seems tempting." Bom nodded.

     "It is."

     "...

 

 

 

 

     Fine." 

     Bom good to go when she saw Luhans text that he was outside. She was prepared this time. She wore trainers, tempted to wear soccer boots, but she wore trainers instead. She also wore the jumper that Luhan previously gave to her.

     "So you came prepared this time?" Luhan looks at her from head to toe.

     "Yup! ~ And I'm going to win."

     He formed a grin in disbelief, still gaping at her. "Thats my jumper, right?"

     "Yeah, do you want it back?"

     "No, it looks good on you. ~ Keep it."

     Bom bowed her head to look at the floor, hiding her blushing face, slipping her hands inside the warmth of the jumpers pocket. 

     "But sorry to break it to you, we arent going to play today."

     "Really?! So you called me out, thinking Id play soccer, but were not so now I'm wasting my precious drama time. You said I wont regret it!"

     "And you wont. Dont worry and trust me." he smiles faithfully, taking the first step.

     The walk wasnt long, it wasnt intended to be long however the location looked like they went on a height.

     Both ended up in a cliff that shown a aesthetic landscape of the city. Bright lights lighting up the dark. And also the lights above. ~ The stars.

     "Wow..." Bom became mesmorised by the view.

     "You like it?"

     "Like it? I adore it!" still gazing upon the view.

     "I told you, you wont regret it." 

     "You always seem so sure."

     "Of course I do. If I didnt, I wouldnt be so..."

     "So what?"

     "Optimistic." Luhan replied as he spreaded out a blanket onto the grass.

     "I never knew you were so confident about the future. What do you want to be?" Bom asked, taking a seat next to him, looking up at the stars.

     Luhan breathed out a sigh before speaking. "Honestly, I have no idea."

     "Doesnt sound very positive."

     "I have a good feeling, but I just honestly have no idea...

 

 

     Well, what about you?"

     "Me?" Bom points at herself.

     Luhan nodded, waiting for her answer.

     "Famous musician? Singer? Anything with music." she cooed, thinking about her dream.

     "Sounds like you'll be succesful."

     "What are you? ~ A fortune teller?"

     Bom heard him chuckle. "I wish."

     Still looking at the stars, he lies down on his back, not long after, Bom joined him.

     "The stars are gorgeous tonight." the star reflected on her eyes showing a twinkle.

     "I come here every now and then."

     "To do what?"

     "The stars." he answered.

     "Ahhh...yes."

     "Have you ever found a constellation?"

     Bom smiles due to her memory in the past. "I remember finding Orions belt once in New York."

     "Really?"

     "Yes."

     "Do you see any now?"

     Bom tried her best looking for one. "No." with slight disappointment.

     He points at a group of stars formed in the west of the sky. "Over there, do you see it?"

     "See what?" Bom squints her eyes for a clearer view.

     Luhan guides her to the constellation he was reffering to.

     "Do you know what that one is called?"

     "Nope. What is it?"

     "Aries."

     "A-aries?" Bom stuttured. "Like the zodiac signs?"

     "Yes. Why?"

     "I'm an Aries."

     "So...I'm guessing your birthday is next month."

     "Thats right." she nodded to confirm.

     "I should prepare something for you."

     "Its okay, you dont have to."

     "But what if I want to?"

     "You've already done so much for me."

     "Oh yeah? Like what?"

     "I'd rather not say." Bom kept quiet to keep starring at the stars. Aries.

     "Valentines day?"

     "I was hoping you wouldnt bring that up." Bom sighed.

     "Why? Because you rejected me?

     Do you pity me?"

     "...

 

     No."

     "Why the hesitation?" Luhan questioned.

     "Just thinking."

     "About what? Kris?"

     That alarmed Bom. "You knew?"

     "Kris tells me everything."

     "...I see. Its not that I dont like either of you, I'm not ready for a relationship yet."

     "I understand. And I'll be more than happy to wait."

     The rest of the night was just pure relaxation. Little talks and playful fights. Something definatly to remember. 

140317

     On a Monday night, Luhan was in his room overthinking about his life.

     "Oppa..." he heard a sweet whisper coming into his room. Minzy, his loveable younger sister came in to comfort him with some snacks along with his younger brother, Dae Gun.

     Dae Gun had to assist Minzy to Luhans room, also assisting her onto where to put the tray of snacks.

     "How is the packing going?" Minzy asked, sitting on the edge of Luhans bed with Dae Gun.

     "Its going well." 

     "Whats wrong?"

     "Nothing." Luhan replied.

     "I may be blind but I can hear how depressed you sound." 

     He ran his fingers through his hair. "Do you think I should go? Do you think its the right descision?"

     "Is this about Bom unnie again?" Minzy formed her lips into a firm line.

     "The hot one?" Daegun suggested.

     "Be quiet." Minzy scolded.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter