Dissimulate

The Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"One who is publicly honest ends up priding himself somewhat on his honesty: for he knows only too well why he is honest for the same reasons another person prefers illusion and dissimulation." 

- Friedrich Nietzsche

    Luhan automatically paced himself to where Bom was nearby the entrance of the shop. "There must be a problem." 

     "Mrs.Park Bom, how are you?"

     Bom glances at him poorly. "How do you know my name? ~ Who are you?"

     Luhan wondered the same thing.

     "I'm officer Kang Hee Jun."

     No bell rung inside her head. ~ Her amnesia got in the way. "Come again?"

     "The officer last time. I'd like to say thank you for not suing me despite my...er...actions." he found it difficult to say, he was embarrassed.

     "Sue? I dont remember anything like that."

     It struck Luhan. "So you're the officer." Luhan folded his arms, his feet tapped on the floor as his eyebrows furrowed deeply. 

     "...yes." he admitted with disappointment. "Well." he broke the silence. "I'm here to do my job and that means to check your bag wether some girls did put something in it or not." he explained with a smile, trying to get in good terms with Luhan and Bom.

     He grab a hold of Boms bag but she kept it tightly close to her making her seem suspicious in the officers eyes. "Miss.Park Bom, please just kindly give me your bag."

     "Why?" she stubbornly answered.

     "Because its my job." he tried his best without hurting Bom or damaging the bag.

     "This man is trying to steal ny bag! Help me! Help! Its a thief!" she squeeled but the customers only walked passed, giving her dirty looks like shes crazy. They probably knew he wasnt a thief since he was wearing a officers uniform.

     "Bom...shhh." Luhan tried to quiten her down, people were starring and he was getting embarrassed.

     "Fine, whatever." she rolled her eyes and let go. 

     Hee Jun sighed in relief once he got a hold of her bag. He shook his head at her and proceeded to search through.

     He took out some small things Bom owned. Makeup pouch, books, perfume and then a medium black bag. Hee Jun put it aside at first, noticing how heavy it was he planned to check it right after he rummaged through the main bag. 

     It was clean, nothing from the store was in Boms hand bag.

     Next was the black bag. 

     Luhan watched Hee Jun open it then took a glimpse at Bom who had no facial expression, Luhan didnt know what to expect.

     First, Hee Jun took out and item which revealed to be a product of the store which still had the tag attatched to it. 

     Bom bit her lip and examined closely.

     Luhan on the other hand didnt think Bom would commit these actions.

     There was more...

     Bom didnt steal one thing, but two, no three. Wait. 12.

     "Are there 2 girls following you again?" Hee Jun looked around, trying to believe that Bom didnt do it.

     "What the hell are you saying? What two girls?"

     "Are you talking about Sora and Li Na?" Luhan enquired.

     "'...Sora?'" Bom mutters in her head. "Kris' girlfriend?"

     "Yea." Luhan rolled his eyes.

     "Are they here again?" officer Hee Jun asks again.

     "Why? ~ So you can them again?" Luhan talked back with no fear.

     Bom was surprised to hear Luhan say that. "Do you want to get arrested?!" Bom nudged Luhan.

     "Do you?" he replied calmly.

     Hee Jun was resentful and wanted to make Luhan sorry. "You two are coming with me." he took out his handcuffs. People walked passed and watched the two kids being cuffed behind them.

     Something alarmed Suyin. "School is nearly over, I should call Yi Fan and tell him to bring Bom and Chanyeol over." Suyin left the living room, leaving behind her smiles to the Park parents.

     "Maybe we shouldnt of let Bom attend school." Jisun regretted.

     "They have mocks..." Jae Won reminded.

     "Its not like they're going to make her do it, she has amnesia. She completely forgot everything since she came here."

     "Dont worry, there is a chance that she'll recover."

     "But that might happen in years." Jisun sighed and sulked herself onto the couch.

     "Or it could happen soon." he gave hope.

     "Stop giving false hope." she groaned in disbelief.

     Jisun felt a vibration in her purse then it gradually started getting louder because of the ringtone. She took out her phone and answered the 'unknown' caller id.

     "Hello?" she greeted.

     "This is officer Kang Hee Jun, is this Mrs.Park Jisun?" he asked politely.

     He stated 'officer' which gave the cold shiver down Jisuns spine.

     Jisun gulped down her spit loudly. "Yes, this is she." she tried to keep it formal.

     "I'm assuming that your daughter is Park Bom?"

     "...Yes."

     "Well Id like to inform you that she has been caught stealing 12 items from a department store in a local mall."

     "T-t-twelve?" Jisun was staggered. Twelve items that Bom stole from a mall. She wouldnt be surprised if it was one product, Bom stole many before, but only one at a time. But twelve? ~ Its too much. Will they let her go again?

     But Jisun only has one person to blame.

     Herself. ~Bom forgot that she was a kleptomaniac.

     "I called your home." Hee Jun spoke a little louder than usual, being the fact that he was a couple meters away from Bom and Luhan behind a counter.

     "Who picked up?" Luhan said in a dull tone.

     "I dont know what his relation is to you, but he was definatly a male."

     Luhan hoped and hoped that it wasnt who he thought it was. His step father is out of town for a meeting in Busan and the only male left is either his grand father or Dae Gun. 

     "Was he mad?"

     "Oh yes." Hee Jun laughed evilly.

     "What did he sound like?"

     "A man?"

     "A man or a boy?" 

     Hee Jun sighed. "I already said a man!"

     "Is he coming?"

     "Yes."

     "Well ." Luhan moaned as he slummed his back forcefully onto the wall.

     "What is it?" Bom was naive.

     "My grandfather is gonna pick me up." he leaned his head on his arm.

     "so?"

     "He is gonna kill me."

     "So if my parents." Bom chilled out.

     "But you're so calm about it."

     "Clamness is the key."

     On the other side of town, Jisun rushed her way to the police station and dragged along hef husband. Su Yin came with.

     "JiSun-ah, slow down." Jae Won begged as he was following behind with Suyin who also struggled.

     "No! ~ What if she goes to jail?! Whats going to happen then?! Her future will be ruined!" she kept going in the same pace.

     "She's done this many times, they'll let her go for sure. ~ Its her first in Korea."

     "'Many times'?!" Suyin quoted. This is something she discovered of Bom, it possiblh made her think differently of Bom, something she thought Bom was never capable of doing. It got her to thinking, was any of her things taken by Bom from the holiday? ~ Afterall they were sharing the same room.

     "Whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter