Chapter 24

Sweet Talking Baby 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Epilogue”

 

First Trimester

 

“Do you want some?”

Yuri shook her head. “No, I’m okay.”

Yoona continues eating her midnight snack again. But soon she pouted as the peanut butter sandwich disappeared quickly to her tummy.

“Still want it?” Yuri raised her brow in disbelief. That’s the second sandwich, and she think she should make other one.

Yoona nods her head cutely. The pregnant lady is still hungry.

“Okay, I’ll make it again.”

Yoona smiled widely while eyeing Yuri spread the butter on the bread. Making sandwich is not considered as cooking, so Yuri could do it easily. And recently she’s making for Yoona peanut butter sandwich almost every night for fulfilled her pregnant wife’s craving.

“Here,”

“Thank you,”

Yuri propped her head up with a hand, palm against her cheek as she smiled and looked at Yoona.

“Are you sure you’re not pregnant a vacuum cleaner?” Yuri asked teasingly.

Yoona slaps Yuri’s arm playfully.

“Your mommy is so mean, called you a vacuum cleaner.” Yoona complained to the baby while rubbed her tummy gently.

Yuri giggles and bent down to slip her head inside Yoona’s babydoll dress. “I’m sorry peanut.”

“Peanut?” Yoona asked. The light touch tickled Yoona and she instinctively hunched but Yuri keep kissing her belly button teasingly.

“Yup, I called him or her peanut.” Yuri mumbled against the little baby's bump.

Yoona lifted up her dress enough to reveal Yuri who still kissing her tummy. “Why?”

“I just got inspired from your craving.” Yuri rested her head on Yoona’s lap and pointed to peanut butter sandwich that almost half eaten in Yoona’s hand.

“Hmm…that's a cute nickname, come here you mommy nuts.” Yoona pulled Yuri up by the collar to kissing her wife on lips.

“I never know that peanut butter was so yummy until now,” Yuri said as she the corner of her lip and rest back her head on Yoona’s lap before continue kissing Yoona’s belly playfully.

“Babe, it’s ticklish!” Yoona protested while giggling.

“I couldn't resist, it’s so cute.”

“What so cute?”

“Your belly button, it’s cute.”

“You’re so weird.” Yoona shook her head.

“I love you too.” Yuri smiled sweetly.

 

*

*

 

“Hello Mrs. Im, Mrs. Kwon. I’m excited to see you both again,”

“Hello, Dr. Kim.” Yoona greeted back while Yuri smiled and bows her head politely.

“Wow, you already this big?” Dr. Kim smiled in amazement.

“Say hello to Dr. Kim, baby.” Yuri coos at Sarang who curled up in her arms.

Sarang quickly hide in mommy Yuri’s chest, she scared to meet the doctor, because she thought the doctor equals to needle, getting a shot is something painful reminder for her.

“Baby, what’s wrong?”

“I’m scawed…”

“Dr. Kim won’t do anything to you. She will check up on Mommy Yoona.”

“It’s okay. Mrs. Kwon.” Dr. Kim smiled warmly while patted Sarang’s head.

Yoona could only smile apologetically to Dr. Kim.

“Please, come in…”

Yoona lied down on the examination table and Yuri sitting beside the bed with Sarang sitting quietly on her lap.

“Any morning sick, Mrs. Im?”

“Strangely no, I feel a bit more relaxed for this one.”

“Well, every pregnancy is unique, in terms of its effect on your emotions and your body. How about your appetite?”

“Totally awesome!” Yuri answered on behalf of her wife, earning a light pinch on arm from Yoona who blushing in embarrassment.

Dr. Kim chuckled before gives her comment. “That’s really good if you don’t have any trouble with eating, but I want to remind you again to eat a healthy diet to make sure you get the right balance of nutrients for you and your baby.”

“But I easily get tired quickly than the first time.” Yoona said.

“And she likes to drink coffee that actually she doesn’t like it before.” Yuri added.

“Yes, you may find this pregnancy more tiring, but try not to rely too much on caffeinated drinks to keep you going. It's best to limit how much caffeine you drink to 200mg a day.”

“Just cut off the coffee Yoong, you heard that.” Yuri reprimands her wife, makes Yoona pouted disappointed.

“You may find it hard to believe, but exercise actually increases your energy levels. So try to fit in some exercise every day, but do it in a way that works for you. You could go for a daily walk with Sarang, while pushing her in her buggy. Or you could do some simple pregnancy exercises in your living room and let her join in. So you can still give your older child your full attention, and on the other, you can focus on your new baby.” Dr. Kim suggests.

“That’s really a good idea.” Yuri commented.

“Shall we start the ultrasound?”

Yuri and Yoona nodded in agreement.

“Okay, let me see…” Dr. Kim moved the scanner on Yoona’s belly carefully. Sarang’s curiosity is very high, so she takes a peek a little bit. Just want to know what the doctor doing to her mom.

“We’re gonna see your baby sister or brother. Look at the screen, Sarang.” Yuri coos to persuade her daughter.

“That’s your baby, now it just as big as a kidney bean.” Dr. Kim explained.

Yuri and Yoona smiled to each other.

“Wait…” Dr. Kim sounds hesitant.

“Is there something wrong?” Yuri impatiently asked.

“Hmmm, or I could say, that’s your babies.”

“Babies? What do you mean?” Yoona raised her brow.

“Now I see two embryos.” Dr. Kim pointed her finger to the screen, “See that? This one and that one.”

“Oh my god. So you mean we got twins?” Yuri asked.

“Yes, Mrs. Kwon.” Dr. Kim smiled.

“Umm, are you sure there are only two?” Yuri asked hesitantly.

“Why Mrs. Kwon? Do you expect for triplets?” Dr. Kim asked jokingly.

“Hahaha, no. I just want to make sure you didn’t miss it if there’s another one.”

“I can make sure you got twins, Mrs. Kwon. So, congratulations for the double blessing.”

Yuri looked at Yoona in disbelief. “Twins, Yoong.”

Yoona looked puzzled herself, “I know, I still couldn’t believe it.”

“Me either.” Yuri chuckled. “Sarang, you will have two brothers or sisters,”

“Chu?” Sarang loved number two. Two is after one and before three. And two scoop ice creams are better than only one.

“Yes, two. How many two are?” Yuri tests her daughter’s mathematic skill.

Sarang splay her little fingers. She stared at it and starts saying her numbers.

“One, chu, cwi, fow, five, six, seven, egg, nine,” Sarang stopped counting. What is it after nine?

“That’s a total of Girls’ Generation members, you know. So how many two are?”

“Chu!” Sarang make a peace sign cheerfully.

“You’re so smart!” Earn of lot of kisses from her mommy Yuri as a reward.

Yoona smiles happily just looking at how adorable Yuri and Sarang interactions right now. But her thought about the twins still twirled around her head. Yoona was excited, but also scared because there are always risks with multiple births. But she really sure she could through it as long as Yuri stay beside her.

 

*

*

 

Having a new baby in the family may be one of the tougher things that older child has to deal with.  However, it may eventually be one of the greatest gifts that Yuri and Yoona can give for their daughter.

Both of them really concerned about what sort of impact the new babies will have and how their daughter will react about new members that will be added in the family. They are really aware that two-year-olds have lots of trouble getting used to a new baby, because their needs for time and closeness from their parents are still great. So Yuri and Yoona always tried to give a simple explanation for their daughter about her baby siblings. Because no small child can really understand the difference a baby makes until after the birth and even then probably not for quite some time.

Yuri also give her daughter an explanation why Mommy Yoona couldn’t carry her around again, with two babies growing inside, Yuri won’t allowed her wife for heavy lifting since the first week they found out Yoona’s pregnant, that’s why Yuri always the one who picked up and carry her daughter every time Sarang crying or start whining for seeking attention. Sometimes makes Yoona feels scared what if Sarang feels a little distance from her.

And it's usually hard for a toddler to understand what a new baby is all about, but Yuri and Yoona have one good way to prepare their daughter to welcome their new babies, they set aside special time for Sarang and spend some one-on-one with their daughter every day. Like now, their daughter bedtime stories routine with mommy Yuri.

“Sarang chan, tonight mommy wants to tell you a story, but it much better than other story that mommy ever tell you.” Yuri showed Sarang an album book.

She pointed to the title on the cover book. “Kwon Sarang Im, our little angel.”

“Me!” Sarang raised her hand eagerly.

“Yes, baby.” Yuri chuckled and ruffled Sarang’s hair lovingly, “It’s your story. Me and mommy Yoona put all your stories in this book.” Yuri flipped at the first page.

“This is you on the 12 weeks, look at this, you’re so tiny.”

“Gwape?” Sarang asked while pointed on the ultrasound picture.

“Grape? Hahaha, yes it’s look like a grape, isn’t it?”

“This is you on the second ultrasound, at this time you so much bigger than a grape. You even smiled to mommy Yoona, you already photogenic even before you're born.” Yuri giggled while showing Sarang the 3D ultrasound picture.

Sarang automatically smiled toothily to Mommy Yuri. Yuri smiled back with the same way.

“These are photos of mommy Yoona since her first month pregnancy, until last week before she delivered you, look at her tummy, you’re sleeping right here,”

“Mommy always take a picture of herself every month, to showing that you growing inside her.” Yuri explained more while showing one by one photo of Yoona’s body changes.

“Wow…” Sarang looked at the photos with astonishment.

“Mommy Yoona is so…” y has been hanging on the tip of Yuri's mouth but she managed to catch it in time. “Cute...”

“Balloon,” Sarang pointed to the last picture where Yoona’s tummy already bloating enough on her last week of pregnancy.

“Balloon? Hahaha yeah, it looks like mommy Yoona carried a balloon, it’s a relief she didn’t sounds like helium,” Yuri said jokingly.

“Who is this?” Sarang pointed to the picture.

“This? This is what you were like as a baby. You’re so tiny and red when you were born. Me and mommy Yoona really happy and excited when you were born,”

Yuri flipped the page and found a beautiful moment which captured in one of the photo, the photo was showing Sarang's tiny hand holding Yuri’s finger.

“Look Sarang, your fingers could only wrap around my pinky finger, gosh you’re so tiny,”

Yuri takes both of Sarang little hands and splayed it in front of her.

“How many are your fingers?”

Sarang starts saying her numbers, and for every right guess Yuri kissed her daughter’s finger lovingly.

“Nine…” Sarang almost reach the end, but she always stuck at the same part.

“Come on, you can do it, what is after nine?”

Sarang thinking hard while pouting looking at her own pinky finger.

“Te…” Yuri gives a clue.

“Chen!” Sarang saying the number the best way she can.

“Hahaha, right, Chen is actually EXO member, but whatever. You’re really smart, baby.”

Sarang earned a lot of kisses from mommy Yuri.

“Aunties!” Sarang's attention back to the album, she pointed to the photo where the aunties gathered around her.

“Yes, this is the first time you meet your aunties, and everyone wanted to see you and hold you,”

“Oohh…” Sarang amazed at her own photo.

“You’re crying a lot back then, but you will be a big sister now. Sarang chan is not a crybaby anymore, right?”

“Yes!” Sarang nods her head agreed.

“You’re so cute,” Yuri kissed Sarang’s hair.

“So, Sarang chan, you will have two baby siblings soon, what do you want to do if the babies come?”

“Play!” Sarang quick responded.

“Playing with them?” Yuri asked.

Sarang nods her head quickly.

“Do you want to teach them your alphabet dancing?” Yuri asked.

“YES! YES!”

Yuri chuckled amusingly, “How about helping mommies with the babies?”

“Eat!” Sarang gestured her hands as if she holding imaginary spoon and eat.

“Do you want to help mommy with feeding them?”

“Yes, Sarang feed them,”

“But babies can’t eat the food like you eat, they only drink milk, so you can help mommy with holding their bottle,” Yuri explained.

“I give my bottle.” Sarang offered sincerely.

“Wow, really? You’re really a great big sister Sarang chan.” Yuri kissed Sarang for rewards.

“What if they want to sleep?” Yuri asked as she wants to know how Sarang will respond.

“Sssshhh…” Sarang put her finger in front of .

“Right, ssshhh, we can’t be too loud when the babies want to sleep.” Yuri whispered.

Yuri and Sarang looked up to the door, where Yoona entered Sarang’s room and join the two on the bed.

“Why she’s still not sleepy?” Yoona asked Yuri while Sarang’s head gently, and little Sarang immediately clinging with her mommy Yoona.

“She so excited when I showed her, her baby photos.” Yuri replied.

“I see.” Yoona nods acknowledge, “Sarang chan, what do you want to do tomorrow?”

“Dwawing!” Sarang answered gleefully.

“Do you want to drawing? Okay, let’s drawing and painting tomorrow.” Yoona smiled.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter