Chapter 21

Sweet Talking Baby 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“A Date”

 

Knock…knock…

“Come in.”

“Busy as always, huh Seobang?”

A familiar gentle voice makes Yuri looked up from the paperwork and smiled widely at the beautiful lady in her doorstep.

“Oh my God, I couldn’t believe you’re here.” Yuri hugged the person who just step inside her office.

“Well, surprise!“

Yuri pulled away, “Wait, don't tell me you came a long way just to see me?”

“Of course. I really miss you, you know.”

“Hahaha…I miss you too,”

Yuri smiled widely as the lady in front of her ruffled her hair.

“Are you busy?”

“Well, not really, since you’re here I could make time for you.”

“Still sweet talker, huh?”

Yuri just chuckled.

“Let’s go on a date,”

“Okay, wherever you go.” Yuri agreed immediately.

“But make sure Yoona doesn’t know it.”

Yuri answered with nodded obediently.

 

*

*

 

“So, what do you want to go next?”

“Hmmm, how about toys store?”

“Toys store? Why?”

“I want to buy something for Sarang,”

“But, you gave her enough on her last birthday,”

“But still, I highly regret to have missed her birthday party, twice.”

“It’s okay, we're all know you’re busy.”

“I think she already forgot me, since it’s been so long we didn’t meet. She must be thinking me as stranger, isn’t she?”

“I don’t think so, she’s naturally friendly, little bit shy at first but once she knows you, she will following you all around like a puppy.”

“Oh, really? It’s a relief then,”

“Don’t worry. I think you can approach her easily.” Yuri gives a reassure smile.

“I hope so. I can’t wait to meet her.  So, let’s go get some toys for her,”

“Okay, but let me text Yoona first,”

“What will you say?”

“I’ll be late for tonight.”

“Yoona will be so jealous, isn’t she??”

“Hahaha yeah, I guess.”

 

*

*

 

“Yoong, I’m home.”

“Hey, babe.” Yoona welcome her wife with quick peck on lips.

“I’m sorry I’m late, I have a date.” Yuri said casually.

“A date?” Yoona’s smile quickly disappeared into frowned in jealousy, “With who?”

“With me…” The gentle sweet voice suddenly came from behind.

“Mom?” Yoona’s doe eyes widened in surprised.

“Hey princess.”

Yoona hugged her mom tightly, Yuri smiling sweetly just looking at mother-daughter reunion.

“How is it, Yoong? My date is really pretty, isn’t she?” Yuri asks teasingly.

Yoona turned to look at Yuri, narrowed her eyes at her wife.

“Yes, and that’s why I have a good reason to be jealous.” Yoona pouts.

“Still possessive huh, Yoongie?” Yoona’s mom ruffled her daughter’s hair while smiling. Makes Yoona’s pouts last longer. But Yuri knew better to appease her wife.

“For you,” Yuri gives a bouquet of roses, smiling shyly. Like a teen girl confessing to her lover.

Even if she was blushing, Yoona couldn't hide her smile from Yuri’s sudden sweet gesture. “Thank you…”

“Umm, girls… I’m still here,” Yoona’s mom said awkwardly to the lovey dovey couple in front of her.

Yuri and Yoona unconsciously look at each other before chuckled at their silly act.

“Where’s my baby Sarang? I miss her so much.”

“She’s in her room, Mom. Let me take you there.” Yoona linked her arm with her mom before led her to Sarang’s room.

 

*

*

 

“Oh my god, she’s already this big?” Yoona’s mom smiled in amazed.

“Yes, mom. She’s good at babbling simple word, and she’s good at walking now, hmm…run to be exact.” Yoona chuckled while carrying Sarang in her arms.

“Wow really?” Yoona’s mom still amazed at how fast her granddaughter grows up but at the same time she was regrets not being there to see it happen.

“Hey, baby. Do you remember me? Come here, sweetheart…” Yoona’s mom stretches her arms wanting to hold her cute granddaughter.

Baby Sarang was hesitant at first, but the lady in front of her was quite familiar, from her beautiful face and warm eyes, that gentle smile, and her gentle voice so much resemble of her mommy Yoona.

“Omo! Yuri was right. She’s so gentle and friendly.” Yoona’s mom smiled widely when finally she held Sarang in her arms.

Yoona smiled sweetly while ruffled her daughter’s hair.

“You know, I’m so surprised when I saw your picture with Sarang on magazine. I always ask you to be my model for my collection but you always reject me. Mind to tell me?”

Yoona chuckled, “I’m just helping Fany and Jessica unnie for their project, Mom.”

“But you should admit that I’m right when I told you, you have a good body line for modeling, Yoongie.”

“I know, right?” Yuri suddenly came from behind. “She’s amazing model,”

“See? Everyone was agreed with me.”

Yoona just looked away to hide her blush.

“Awww…baby you’re sleepy.” Yoona’s mom coos at her granddaughter who yawning cutely and rubbed her eyes sleepily. 

“Well, It’s time for bedtime story then,” Yuri announced.

“Hmm, can I read that for her?” Yoona’s mom asked.

“Of course mom,”

“And, is it okay if she sleeps with me tonight? I miss her so much…”

Yuri and Yoona smiled and nodded in unison.

 

*

*

 

“Yul, are you sure you can do it by yourself?”

“Yeah, sure. You can go have fun with Mom,”

“Just call me anytime, okay?”

“Okay, don’t worry. Have a good date,” Yuri gives a quick peck on Yoona’s lips.

“You too baby, have a fun play date,” Yoona smiled, but she couldn’t help but still worried at her choding wife and their baby first outing together without her.

 

*

*

 

“Alright, Sarang. Today it’s just you and me, we’re going on a date. Mommy Yoona said you need a new haircut.” Yuri said to her daughter while kneeled down to get same eyes level with Sarang.

Sarang nodded her head, even though she barely understood what haircut means, since it was her first time.

“Then we’ll go to eat lunch, and if you being a good girl, mommy will take you to the toys shop, that’s our today’s schedule.” Yuri explained.

Sarang nodded her head again, the words food and toys always brighten her day.

“Okay, let’s go.” Yuri carry baby Sarang in her arms as she walk to her car. She put Sarang in the car seat at the backseat. She carefully put on the seatbelt for Sarang and after rechecking twice and she thinks Sarang already comfortable in her seat Yuri walk to the driver seat.

After she put her own seatbelt Yuri looking back once again to the backseat.

“Are you ready to go, little Ms. Kwon?”

“Yes!”

Yuri chuckled and begin drive her car carefully, like she always does, 30 km/h. For making the ride more fun, Yuri initiated to play a little bit, since Sarang is always excited and really like taking car rides.

“Sarang chan, what sound does a pig make?”

“Oink…Oink…” Sarang said cutely.

“Kekeke... Oink…Oink…” Yuri chuckled, “what sound does a cat make?”

“Meow…”

“Good, what about puppy? You met a cute puppy before, right?”

“Woof! Woof!”

“Kekekeke, that’s right. What about cow?”

“Moo…”

“Aigoo, you’re so smart. What about a duck?”

Duck? Sarang knows so well what sounds a duck make, mommy Yuri is really good at imitating a duck.

“Kwak…kwak…kwak…” Sarang huskier her voice, instead of making duck sound she sounds like trying to imitate her mommy Yuri.

“Oh my God! Hahahaha...”

 

*

*

 

At the first time Sarang was fascinated with the kids hair salon which more looks like a playground with toys scattered everywhere, colorful interior with cartoons wallpaper, but soon she startled and hiding in mommy Yuri’s chest when other kids crying and screaming out loud, throw a fit and refusing to get a haircut. She started to think haircut it’s a scared thing to do.

Yuri could feel Sarang’s little body was grows stiff in her arms. She her baby’s back soothingly.

“Hey baby, don’t be scared, they won’t hurt you.”

Yuri put Sarang on the toy chair, and soon the stylist approaching Sarang and put the salon capes around her. But when the stylist trying to cut her hair, baby Sarang startled and crying loudly as if she doesn’t like a stranger touch her head.

Yuri immediately pick up Sarang and tried to calm down her, “Ssshh…, it’s okay baby. Mommy’s here.”

Yuri tries to distract her daughter with playing in the playing area, when she already sure Sarang is already calm down, she slowly get Sarang back to get a haircut. But then Sarang crying again more loudly than before, Yuri was getting frustrated, it’s time to call for a backup.

“Hey, Soo. What are you doing now?” Yuri decided to call Sooyoung, since she doesn’t want to bother Yoona and her mom’s bonding time.

“I was having brunch, why?”

“Can you come here?”

“Where is it?”

“Kids hair salon. I’ve a hard time to get a haircut for Sarang, I need a help,”

“Okay, I’ll be there soon.”

Yuri sighed in relief as finally she got some help.

 

*

 

Soon after, Sooyoung came to the salon.

“Hey, do you mind if I bring another helper?” Sooyoung asked.

“Hi, Yul!”

Before Yuri could reply, the another helper that Sooyoung mentioned already ran to Sarang who cheer up herself by playing with her toy plushy.

“Whoah, you are fast buddy.” Yuri pats Sooyoung on shoulder.

“What?”

“You didn’t tell if you have brunch with Jessica.”

“You didn’t ask.” Sooyoung shrugged.

“I can’t believe she’s awake on Sunday at this time.”

“I’m wondering too.” Sooyoung said.

 

*

*

 

Yuri needs to think another way to persuade her baby for getting a haircut. She put on the adult capes and placing Sarang on her lap. For babies that really don't like getting haircut, sometimes the mother holds the baby while the baby gets a haircut. And the stylist needs to very careful to cut Sarang’s hair while Sooyoung and Jessica distract her.

Jessica showed Sarang a Pororo cartoon from her iPad, while Sooyoung feeding her with snack fruits that Yoona already packed for her daughter.

“Where’s Pororo go, Sarang?” Jessica asked the little baby. “Where is he?”

“Powowoo!” Sarang happily pointed her finger on the iPad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter