Chapter 17

Sweet Talking Baby 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Happy…”

 

“Dad, she will wear this,”

“No, she will wear this, stop your obsession about that mouse to your kid,” Mr. Kwon said in sternly voice.

Yuri has a deep frowned at her dad, she already preparing a cute white dress with mickey mouse patterns for her little girl but her dad was insisted to wearing his only granddaughter a mini hanbok.

“But we’re not going to celebrate in traditional way,”

“I know Yuri. You don’t have to do it in traditional way, but your kids should know from where she came from, and what nationality that flow in her blood, hanbok is a symbol of our pride.” Mr. Kwon said proudly.

“Do something Yoong, before they kill each other any time soon.” Taeyeon whispered to Yoona when they witnessed father-daughter endless bickering from the kitchen. Tiffany just chuckled beside Taeyeon.

Yoona walk closer to her wife who still has a deep frown.

“It’s okay Yul. I think she will be so cute in hanbok.” Yoona tries to pacify her frowning wife.

As Yoona gently squeeze Yuri’s hand and those flutter lethal doe eyes, Yuri surrender “Okay…”

“You’re the best daughter-in-law, Yoona.” Mr. Kwon smiled and patted lightly at Yoona’s shoulder before walk away to Sarang’s nursery room.

 

*

*

 

It’s so easy to appease Yuri, just distract her to do something fun she will follow you like a lost puppy. Like right now, Yoona just chuckled as Yuri's face is set in full concentration, her tongue slightly sticking out while decorating a cupcake.

“It’s so cute, isn’t it?” Yuri said proudly, feel satisfied with her creation.

Yoona nodded quickly. But the two immediately turn their attention to the couple in front of them.

“No, no. Don’t hold that. It’s heavy.” Taeyeon reprimand Tiffany.

Tiffany rolled her eyes at Taeyeon's ridiculousness, “it’s just a spoon, a teaspoon.”

“Let me hold it for you, it looks heavy.” Taeyeon took away the teaspoon from Tiffany’s hand. “Just tell me what you want to do, I’ll do it for you.”

Tiffany smiles knowingly, still not used to the extra attention from Taeyeon.

“What do you want to do for this cupcake? Choco chips? Some candies? Or fruits?” Taeyeon asked again. Tiffany just gives her eye smiles to Taeyeon while pointing her finger to the sliced fruits.

Yoona and Yuri exchanged a knowing look.

“They’re so cute,” Mrs. Kwon walk passed TaeNy couple and smiling, “Yoongie, I already take out the cake from the oven, what do you want to do next?”

“Oh, it’s time to make the icing, Mom.”

“Okay, let me help you.”

Yoona and Mrs. Kwon moved to the other side of the kitchen to finishing the cake.

“I’ll go check Seo and Hyo.” Yuri said to Yoona.

“Okay, babe.”

 

*

*

 

“Hold on, hold on…” Hyoyeon trying to put the birthday decoration on the wall, but her short hand can’t reach it even if she already tip toeing.

“Unnie, I didn't ask you for an impossible favor, right?” Seohyun asked innocently.

“Why you put yours so high?” Hyoyeon protested.

“Kekeke, sorry unnie. It’s Yuri unnie’s request.”

“What’s wrong Hyo? Why so grumpy?” Yuri came from behind and helps Hyoyeon to put the birthday decoration.

“Where’s Sooyoung when I need her? She’s not here yet?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Nope.”

 

Ding…Dong…

“Oh, it must be her.” Yuri eagerly walks to the main door.

“Soo! …Sica?”

“Hey, Yul.” Jessica hugged Yuri.

“Hey…” Yuri hugged back. “Please, come in…”

“Where’s Sarang?”

“She’s in her room.”

Jessica turned her head to look back, “I got her a birthday present,”

Grunt…grunt…

“@#$%^&*!#...”

“Who’s that?” Yuri tilted her head to the side to have a better view of the person behind the big box whose walks behind Jessica.

Jessica smiled knowingly before walks to inside the mansion.

“Crazy girl!” The person behind the box keeps grunting.

“Soo?? What are you doing?”

“Bring my own coffin,” Sooyoung said sarcastically while put down the big box on the ground.

Yuri just looked at her best friend and chuckled amusingly.

“She’s crazy! She’s trying to kill me with this box.” Sooyoung still try to catch her breath and wiped the sweat on her forehead.

“Whoah! Easy there, buddy…”

“She came to my place, smiling widely and asked me to go to your place together. But then she left me with this box. What the hell inside this box?!” Sooyoung keep grumpy.

“You must be so crazy in love with her,” Yuri said teasingly.

“Who’s in love? What’s love?”

“You.”

“Who? Me? With that crazy girl?”

Yuri has a goofy grin on her face while nodded eagerly.

“NO WAY!!” Sooyoung shook her head vigorously.

“Why? You are the crazy one who chasing her around the house on new year’s eve, remember?”

Sooyong facepalmed herself. “I was drunk that night, okay?”

Yuri put her arm on her tallest friend’s shoulder, “You are the honest when you’re drunk, buddy.” Yuri smirked.

Yuri has a point, makes Sooyoung asked herself, did she really already honest to herself?

“Choi Sooyoung!” The stern voice belongs to the ice princess called out from inside the mansion.

“Coming!” Sooyoung quickly grabbed the big box again and walking to inside the mansion.

“They’re not together yet but she already whipped,” Yuri said mockingly.

 

*

*

 

Happy birthday to you…

Happy birthday to you…

 

The little baby was clapping happily because familiar faces around her were singing and smiling widely to her. Even though she doesn’t aware what’s going on but being a center of attention always makes her feels happy.

 

Happy birthday to our Sarang…

Happy birthday to you…

 

Yoona holds their baby in her arms while Yuri stood beside her, then both of them blowing the birthday candle which shaped the number 1 on the top of strawberry cake for their little baby.

“Happy birthday Sarang…” The Aunties said in unison while some of them take a picture of the little happy family, Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Kwon clapping and smiling proudly at their granddaughter who just e.

After cutting the cake, the main star of the day was busy gulping down her milk from the bottle while lying comfortably in her Mommy Yoona’s arm.

Cling…Cling…

Yuri stands up and clinking her glass. She turned to look at Yoona beside her before smiling at two precious girls in her life. Then she take out a folded of paper from her pocket.

“Aheem… Aheem…” Yuri cleared for calmed her nervous. She unfolded the letter and her hands were shaking a little bit, she usually fine to speech in front of many people, but today is different because she put all her heart in this piece of paper.

“I wrote this letter a year ago, I thought I would never have a chance to read out it for her, but once again it such miracle I can standing here today. And I’m so grateful because I still given a chance to read it a year later. This is for my little angel, Kwon Sarang Im.”

 

When you were born you filled my heart with pride, and I was overcome by the joy I felt inside.

As I held you in my arms that very first day, I knew I would never let any harm come your way.

With your tiny little hands and tiny little feet, every time I look at you my heart skips a beat.

As I watch you sleep in the middle of the night, I hope and pray I will do everything right.

I know I may make some mistakes along the way, but I promise to do my best not to every single day.

Becoming your mother has been a life-changing experience, and I learn so much from you.

I often wonder what you will grow up to be, but whatever you become will be fine with me.

Whatever you may decide to do in your life, maybe a teacher, an artist, or even a lawyer's wife.

A time will come when youth fades and from my arms you'll part, but I will always give you my love in the best way I know.

I can say this without any doubt at all, I will always be there to catch you if you fall.

And another promise I make to you from me,

Mommy's little angel you will always be…

 

Yuri finished reading her letter. She back to her seat beside Yoona and smiled widely while staring lovely at her baby and baby Sarang smiling back genuinely at her mommy Yuri as if she could feel a sincerity in her mommy’s eyes.

Everyone in the room have a collective aawww for Yuri sweetness, not to mention Yoona shed tears from her eyes. But it's pure happiness tears.

Yoona leans closer and whispered, “Thank you.” Before kisses softly on Yuri’s cheek.

 

*

*

 

Many boxes with various size, colorful wrapper, and cute ribbons decoration caught the little baby’s attention when all boxes were present in front of her. Sarang eagerly to tearing up the wrapper of her birthday gifts and of course with some help from her Mommies. They did such a good job opening and not getting lost in the sea of wrapping paper.

 

The baby smiling widely as she gets,

Colorful Pound and Tap Bench from aunties Taeny

 

                        

 

Bilingual Talking Farms from auntie Sooyoung     

                             

Picnic Basket from auntie Sunny

 

 

Activity Books from auntie Seohyun

                                              

 

Fisher Price Little People Lil Movers from auntie Jessica

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter