Chapter 16

Sweet Talking Baby 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Rebound”

 

a few months later

 

“Where are you Sarang?”

A little giggle was heard behind the couch.

“There you are!”

The baby shrieked happily running away again by crawling. Sarang is one year old already. She started to learn walking but for now she was a pro crawler.

“Baby, you’re too fast!”

The baby crawling to the main door that already opened widely. But she stopped when she looks at two pairs of legs in front of her. She looked up to see…

“KWON YURI!!” The stern voice makes the baby winced.

“Mom? Dad?” Yuri stopped chasing her baby and surprised to see her parents standing on the doorstep.

“Why are you letting her while playing around the house? She will catch a cold!”

The baby sat on the floor and crying in distress, not familiar with the stern voice of her grandpa.

Mrs. Kwon slapped her husband's arm. “You scared her with your loud voice.”

Mr. Kwon was taken aback with his granddaughter’s crying, feeling guilty instantly.

“Ohh no… no… Sarang chan.” Mrs. Kwon picked up the wailing baby and swaying gently to calm her down.

“I’m sorry, your grandpop didn’t mean to yell at you.” Mrs. Kwon said reassuringly.

The guilty grandpa nodded cutely to soothing the little baby. Trying to be more friendly with his granddaughter.

Yuri just smirked. Her dad was a man people feared and respected in his company, by his employees and his business rival but here he is, has a weak knees over a little baby.

“I thought you will come tomorrow.”

“Well, we miss Sarang so much. And your dad already cancelled all the appointments. So we could left Japan more early.”

Yuri knew exactly that her dad was the busiest person she ever knew. Cancel the appointments was something serious he ever did. The last time her parents come to visit was when Sarang was just two months old, since then they keep busy as ever and only contacted with them through Skype or some calls.

“Yul, is everything okay?” Yoona walks in when she heard their baby crying, “Mom? Dad?”

“Aigoo, our Yoongie. You look more beautiful.” Mrs. Kwon was so happy to see her daughter-in-law again.

“Mom, Dad, I've missed you both. So much.” Yoona smiles while hugged her parents in law.

“We miss you so much too, and this little one.” Mrs. Kwon gives a sweet kisses to the baby’s cheek who still sniffling in her grandma’s arms.

“Why are you crying baby?” Yoona the baby’s cheek gently.

“It’s Dad’s fault.” Yuri answered nonchalantly.

Mr. Kwon glared at Yuri. “It’s your fault, you make my lovely Sarang running around the house only cladding with her diaper.”

“Dad, I just about to dressing her, but she run away from me.” Yuri doesn’t want to lose the verbal battle with her dad.

Mrs. Kwon and Yoona know exactly that the two were stubborn as hell. Both of them pinch their partner in live on cheeks, making Mr. Kwon and Yuri winced. “OW!”

“Don’t raise your voice at your kid, please.”

“Don’t raise your voice at your dad, Yul”

Two wives reprimanded their own partner. The situation just makes the little baby clapping their hands, funny just to see her mommy Yuri and her grandpop getting scolded.

 

*

*

 

“What are you preparing for tomorrow, Yoongie?”

“Ummm, I will bake this strawberry cake and some cupcakes.” Yoona showed Mrs. Kwon some reference pictures from her iPad. “What do you think mom?”

“Oh, that’s so cute. I want to help you cooking, can I?”

“Of course mom, I really need a help.” Yoona smiled softly.

“Well, I’m sorry Yoong. Yuri was a terrible chef.” Mrs. Kwon smiled bitterly. “But she should thank to heaven because she got a perfect wife like you.”

Mrs. Kwon is happy to have her daughter-in-law cook interesting dishes and willing to handle the basics in the kitchen.

Yoona chuckled. “But, you should taste her scrambled eggs, Mom. Even if she got the recipe from Google, but it’s not that bad.” 

“Really? That’s should going to be the greatest events in decade. Kwon Yuri was cooking for the first time.”

“Hey, I heard someone call my name!” Yuri shouted from the living room.

“Oops…” Mrs. Kwon and Yoona look at each other with we’re-caught expression, before giggled together.

 

*

*

 

“Dad, that’s...” Yuri was getting frustrated as her dad trying to put the diaper to her little baby.

“Wait, I know this is the right way to do it.”

“But, that’s the back side.”

“I know, Yuri. You think I don’t know?”

“Butyoujustkeepdoingitwrong.” Yuri muttered under her breath, but her dad heard it quite clearly.

“I heard you, Yuri.” Mr. Kwon glared at Yuri.

He sighed hopelessly. “Just help me to hold her legs, she keep raising it.”

Yuri obeys and pinned down softly her little baby’s legs, and finally Mr. Kwon successfully wearing the diaper to his granddaughter. He was smiling contented.

“Aigoo, so cute.” Mr. Kwon picked up the baby and soon the baby girl snuggled into her grandpop’s neck.

“Omo, what are you doing to my cutie pie?” Mrs. Kwon enters the living room while holding two mugs of tea. Trailing behind her was Yoona.

“What?” Mr. Kwon’s face turned frowned as he being accused again.

“Why was my cutie pie wearing a baggy diaper?” Mrs. Kwon put the mugs on the table before stretches her arms to take away the baby from her husband.

“It’s Dad again.” Yuri said nonchalantly.

Yoona just chuckled. It’s just too familiar for her. Like father like daughter.

“Here, you didn’t take it yet.” Yoona gives Yuri her medicines and glass of water.

And in one shot, Yuri was gulping down all her medicines.

“Do you need to drink all of it?” Mr. Kwon asked curiously.

“Yes dad, she’s still on her medication.” Yoona answered for Yuri while her wife making a face after gulping down her yucky meds.

After succesfully go through the risky surgery and long process of treatments, Yuri step by step to recovered. And of course it because Yoona always support her and make sure she doing all the treatments.

“Actually, today is her monthly appointment with her doctor. We’ll go to the doctor before lunch, and because Sarang can’t go with us Tiffany and Taeyeon unnie will come to watch her.”

“Well, now we’re here. We can watch Sarang for you. You two can go.”

“Are you sure you can do it?” Yuri asked her mother teasingly.

“I raised you with my own hands, Yul. Are you doubting my skill?”

“No, Mom. But she was whining a lot when we’re not around, she’s not easy to pleased.”

“Sounds like you, Yul.” Mr. Kwon snickered.

“You’re such a crybaby back then, crawling around with only diaper. God, she was just a natural flirt since baby, so easy to capture every heart with that little tease smile.”

“Mom!” Yuri protested at the embarrassment from her own mother.

Yoona chuckled and couldn’t help but imagining the little baby Yuri back then.

“What? What are you thinking?” Yuri narrowed her eyes at her wife. Yoona’s smirked was meant something fishy.

“You as a baby, it must be so cute.” Yoona whispered to Yuri. Yuri's eyes grew wider in surprised.

“You’re such a byun.” Yuri whispered back, and getting playful slapped from Yoona.

“Hey lovebirds, it's about time for you to go isn't it?” Mr. Kwon watching the YoonYul couple cute interaction to each other.

Yuri check her wrist watch, “Oh right,”

“I’ll change my clothes first.” Yoona said before go to their bedroom.

“Okay,” Yuri nodded.

 

*

*

 

“You will need this, Mom.” Yuri handed a small book.

“What is this?”

“Baby’s diary. Just in case.”

“Oh, okay.”

“Just take your time, don’t worry about us. We can handle this.”

“Okay, dad. I trust you.” Yuri said before get in her car.

 

*

*

 

“Did you having hard breathing again these past days?” The doctor fixes his glasses on his nose.

“I did, but not that worst.”

“When is it exactly?”

“Hmmm, about three days ago I think.”

“Four days ago, Yul.” Yoona corrected her wife.

“Oh yeah. Four days ago.”

“Okay.” The doctor writes the note on Yuri’s medical chart.

“Shortness of breath it’s something you can’t avoid. After treatment, many people who have ARDS recover close-to-normal lung function within 6 months. For others, it may take longer.” The doctor explained it clearly.

“From ongoing monitoring of your heart and lung function, blood pressure and gas exchange, it’s all in normal state and you’re in stable condition now.”

Yoona and Yuri look to each other before sighed in relief.

“But you also may feel very tired following treatment. But don’t ever stop the treatment. Because the doctor here will always monitors your condition.”

Yoona takes Yuri’s hand and intertwined their finger together. Yuri takes a look at Yoona for a while and smiling before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter