34. No Idea

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Four

~ No Idea ~

 

It seemed like eavesdropping had became a forced habit on Sehun. He had been intending to confront his father about Price Liana had told him. He had finally mustered the courage to do so. Instead, he found himself standing outside his father’s private study, his ears pressed to the door crack. If ever somebody was to see him, he will have no excuse, but he couldn’t help himself. His brother, the First Prince, was inside with his father. And the two are talking about the prisoners — the prisoners he had been informed about by the Top Developer.

“King Baesan is an enemy, father!” Prince Sehwan argued heatedly.

“You don’t have to tell me something I know.” The King replied dryly, which would be the exact opposite of what his reaction would be if it was Sehun speaking to him like that.

“Then you know that sending those freak people to Encis would potentially give him an edge.” The First Prince pointed out. “Those people are with magic, father. King Baesan might use them against us.”

“The keyword is ‘might’, son.” King Declan said. “I know for a fact that Baesan abhors magic the same way I do. The reason I’m sending those prisoners there is so that I won’t have their blood on my hands.”

“Your plans have the potential to backfire badly. Is keeping your hand clean more important than keeping Cyphus secure under your rule? If that was the case, you should have let me deal with it instead of having to owe favors to an enemy.” Prince Sehwan asked, irritation evident in his voice. It was obvious to Sehun that his older brother wanted those prisoners to be killed in no other place than Cyphus.

“Watch your tone, First Prince. You might be forgetting that although you are my son, I am still your King.” Declan coldly stated. “And let me remind you that blood on your hands will also be blood on mine.”

Feeling that the argument about the prisoners is coming to an end, Sehun pulled himself away from the door. All his previous courage had already dissipated. With slow steps, he went back to his room. Upon entering it, he locked his door and sagged against it.

Although he was to confront his father it, there had been a part in him that held on to the hope that Liana had been lying about the prisoners. But he heard it with his own ears. His father was indeed imprisoning people who are suspected of magic, and sending them off to Encis to be killed. It was too cruel — too cruel for him to believe.

You believed it when you were inside that temple in Mente, his mind thought. Why not know when you heard it yourself? Because he didn’t know what to do next. If he had found out that Liana had been lying, he would just have to grovel and apologize to his father. But now? What now?

He was a coward. He now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter