36. Just Different

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Six

~ Just Different ~

 

Tao sat beside Lay, his feet making a bit of noise on the sand. It’s late and the only source of light was the moon, but he still tried to make out the mild waves crashing on the shore. Lay didn’t even move from his place, also looking at the sea in deep thought.

The silence lasted until he finally spoke. “Remember what we talked about when you first tried to teach me how to catch fishes?”

“About the goddess?” Lay asked in confusion.

“Yes,” he confirmed. “You believe that she gave us powers for a purpose.”

“You think that the purpose is to follow those two person to a place we just recently found out existed — no, not found out. We’re taking her word for its existence.”

He grimaced. “I might sound like a fool for saying this because it hasn’t been a day since I know her, but I trust Ahra. Suho, too. Don’t you feel that they’re telling the truth?”

Lay sighed before answering. “There’s something inside me that knows that they are being truthful, but this all too sudden. A few weeks ago, I didn’t even know that there’s also a person who has magic like me. Now, I’m being told that I belong to a group of people who can save Virgula, a kingdom we all thought was mythical. This all feels like a bad joke. I wasn’t even powerful enough to save your brother. How am I a going to help save Virgula?”

“You’re having doubts about your powers?” Tao asked incredulously, ignoring the twinge in his heart when his brother was mentioned. “It was destined that you came when Qiang was already gone. I’m not and won’t be holding the fact that nobody could bring back the dead against you. I’m actually thankful that you tried to find and save me. You healed me not only from physical wounds, but also from the pains I’m suffering mentally from what had happened. You’re a healer. A powerful one, at that.”

Silence ensued again. It was obvious that Lay didn’t know how to react to what he said. The sound of the waves sounded to loud to his ears, but Tao waited patiently. A few more moments passed before Lay finally found his voice to reply. “I’m sorry, Tao. And thank you. To be honest, I know you were going to say that, but I guess I needed to hear it.”

“You did,” he smiled a little.

“Have you made up your mind about joining those two?” Lay questioned.

He nodded, then patted the other on the back. “I’ll leave you here to think more about your own decision. Be assured, though, that whether you decide to come with or not, I’ll support you.”

~~~

“I’ve decided to come with you.” Lay simply stated, making Suho blink.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter