41. Shadows

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note:

This is a double update, please proceed to the previous chapter, Chapter 40: Weather, if you haven't read that yet! Thanks!

 

Chapter Forty One

~ Shadows ~

 

The moon was bright and full in Encis, but no light of it filtered into the dungeons. There was only shadows ad King Baesan quietly walked out of the cell he knew all too well. He has been giving regular visits to the person held in it, but nothing really comes out of it. Like the torture his general has inflicted on Weiss Rey, his intimidation and slight mind manipulation has no effect.

It is becoming quite obvious that the professor is too strong willed, but giving up is not an option for him. He needed to know more about what the professor knows. He needed to know more about magic. He needed more knowledge about his magic. He needed it to become more powerful — to become most powerful. He needed Weiss Rey to talk.

Politically connecting and befriending the king of Cyphus would be for nothing if he does not get what he wanted from the Cyphian prisoner. Creating any kind of relationship with the arrogant and weak minded Cyphian king had almost been too much of a price, but then again, nothing is too much for him to get what he wanted — power. Enough power to conquer Lamina. Enough power to force his rule over the Gelan mountain people. And enough power to remove King Declan from his throne in Cyphus. Enough power to become the most powerful in all of Serce.

Before he even reached the gate of the dungeon, he turned and walked back towards the cell he just left. Maybe he wasn’t putting his all into getting what he wanted from Weiss Rey. Slowly, he let go of his constant hold of his general’s mind for the first time since he first took hold of it. Baekhyun was asleep anyway, there’s no reason for him not to let go for a moment or so. He could always take control of his illegitimate son’s mind later. It’s more important for him to focus all of his abilities into getting answers now, before he gets too impatient.

~~~

“Still no news about Ahra and the ship’s crew, Uncle?” Mira’s father, William Ozrel, asked in the middle of their nightly private dinner.

“Nothing,” King Laurence of Virgula responded gravely, putting down his spoon. “Minhyun has been beside himself with worry. It has been more than a week now since the ship left Virgulan shore.”

“The ship should be back by now.” Tanya, Mira’s mother, frowned at her meal.

“Ahra is a sentinel, and a captain at that. She will be fine.” William tried to comfort both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter