44. Diverge

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: 

This is a actually a double update, please proceed to Chapter 43: Discovery, if you haven't read that yet! Thanks!

 

Chapter Forty Four
~ Diverge ~

 

Suho couldn’t help but feel relieved that they have found two hosts in Bufera right away. It’s as if the magic inside of them are trying to bring them all together. There is this feeling of urgency with the way they found each other rather quickly. With that feeling is the urge to get out there and find the other hosts as soon as possible.
 

“So, the gist of what you are saying is that Virgula is real and the powers of their cards had been transferred to us.” Chen pointed out with a slight frown. “And we are now fated to save the land we all thought was a myth.”
 

“That’s basically it.” Suho confirmed. “I know it sounds absurd. Believe me, the way all these were revealed to me is much worse. But do you not feel it inside you that everything that I’ve said is true?”
 

Kyungsoo bit his lip. “I believe it’s true but that doesn’t make all this easy to process. I mean, what exactly can we do against evil creatures that took a goddess’ life to defeat?”
 

“From what I’ve heard from Ahra, what we can do with our powers right now is barely the tip of what we could do when we train properly.” Lay answered. “Although I didn’t exactly experience what you had experienced upon meeting Ahra, but imagine having control over that burst of magic. Imagine having the focus to use it to against someone or something. And there will be twelve of us with that same level of power. We may be no goddess but I think we might have a chance to save Serce from those evil creatures.”
 

“Wait, you said that all of us hosts have some kind of burn mark, right?” Kyungsoo brought up. “I think we had met two other hosts.”
 

Chen’s eyes widened in realization. “Kai! And that man who ran away from the eatery!”
 

“Kai also said that he also met two like us in Encis.” Kyungsoo looked like he was trying to remember something. “I think one has power over fire and the other over light?”
 

Excitement was bubbling inside Suho. “What’s Kai’s power?”
 

“He can teleport. That was how we met him.” Chen told him. “And I think that is how he went back to where came from.”
 

“And the other man from the eatery?” Lay probed.
 

“Uh, we didn’t get to ask. He ran away.” Chen pouted for some reason.
 

“It’s all good. At least we know for sure that there are hosts in Encis. We should head there next after Suolo.” Suho grinned.
 

“But,” Chen hesitated, his excitement dwindling. “I can’t leave Bufera. I have a life here. My brother and my home is here. I can’t just leave and go about the Three Kingdoms looking for other hosts.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter