27. Missed

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Seven

~ Missed ~

 

The Umidian ship reached Guarire at dawn. Suho thought the trees meters away from the shore made the place look eerie, but he shrugged off the feeling and went down the rope ladder after Ahra. The crew was preparing the trade goods that they will be using as an excuse for docking on Laminian land. He and Ahra already have their things secured in a rucksack on their back — his was considerably heavier since Ahra didn’t own much.

“I think we should start looking for your father’s friend.” Ahra turned from observing the trees to him.

His shoes sinked slightly upon contact with the wet sand when he jumped off the ladder. “That’s a good idea. It’s a little far from here.” He replied, walking to her.

“We’ll just head back here and look around after we settled.” She frowned slightly. “And after you get more rest.”

He couldn’t argue with that. Even with the straight two days of sleeping he’s got, he still felt a little weak. It seems like he looks like it too with the way Ahra was looking at him. What bothers him is that Ahra was the one who had gotten injured, but she appeared in a far better shape than him.

“Council member,” someone called, disrupting his thoughts.

“Yes?” Suho asked. A crew member had gone down the ladder and went to him with a small sack in his hands.

The crew member’s eyes went from him to Ahra, then back to him. “You two saved us. We don’t know how you managed to stop that rogue wave, but we are thankful for it. The captain and the others want you to have this.”

“There’s no need to give us something.” Suho shook his head. “It’s enough that all of us are alive.”

“It’s a small amount but it might help you in whatever it is you must do.” The man insisted, taking a hold of Suho’s hand and putting the small sack in it. “Think of it as a gift from us.”

He sighed and smiled. “Well, in that case, I give you my gratitude. I’ll pray for you to have a safe journey back to Umido.”

The man nodded and started to climb back up the ship. Suho put the small sack into his pack.

“Your people are nice.” Ahra commented as they started to walk away from the shore. “I hope Laminians are, too.”

“From what I can remember, they are.” He assured her. “Nicer than the people in the other kingdoms, that is.”

~~~

“Doesn’t Umidian ships stop by here usually?” Tao questioned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter