37. All-knowing

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Seven

~ All-knowing ~

 

Xiumin dropped the bundle of wood without a word. Elder Kim glanced up from her threads and needles to observe her grandson. He proceeded to sit in front of the roughly built fireplace and put more wood into it to save the weakening fire. If he had been acting strangely distant and quiet before he had left for Bufera, it’s nothing compared to his behavior now that he has come back. It has only been a day, but the old lady can’t help but be concerned.

She broke her silence. “Alright, I’ve had enough of this.”

Obviously taken aback, Xiumin paused from his task to turn to her with wide eyes. “Ma, have you gone insane?”

“Something happened and you are going to tell me. Or else I’ll drag your two hunter friends here to interrogate them.” She glared at him.

At the mention of his friends, he frowned. “You don’t have to disturb them. Kalen is still healing.”

“Pir, then. If you don’t start talking, I’ll head over to their house and have him do the talking.” She threatened, removing the cloth on her lap to prepare herself.

“Ma,” Xiumin said, sounding tired all of the sudden. “You don’t have to do that. I’ll talk. Just tell me what I’m supposed to talk about.”

Elder Kim pursed her lips, her eyes narrowed on his face. “Is your behavior lately connected to what had happened at the Pass?”

He smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “I am behaving quite differently, huh?”

“Is it, Kim Minseok?” she used his full given name. “Had something else happened there that I didn’t know about?”

It seemed like Xiumin knows she won’t let the subject go, because he gave a sigh before speaking. “They’ve found out about my… abilities.”

She softened at that. “How?”

“I had no choice but to use them. The snow lion came out of nowhere and we were not prepared.” He relayed. “Now, Pir is avoiding me and Kalen is still injured. It felt like it was all my fault.”

“Why is it your fault?” she asked, befuddled.

“If had been faster to use my powers, then Kalen wouldn’t be lying on his bed for days. On the other hand, if I hadn’t used them, then Pir wouldn’t be so disgusted with me.” He explained, clearly dejected about the whole thing.

“You’re an idiot, then.” Elder Kim snorted. “Your only fault is that you’re still moping about it. Kalen is fine. He is able to walk now. And Pir, well, why don’t you go talk to him about it? I’ve seen him pass by our house a lot of times that it’s starting to make me feel uncomfortable.”

“Ma,” Xiumin groaned. “It’s enough that I’ve burdened him with my secret. I won’t impose myself on him further.”

“He’s your friend, Minseok. You won’t be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter