17. Clue

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Seventeen

~ Clue ~

 

“So, a god, huh?” Ahra started, looking at Ren with critical eyes.

“Why?” Ren pouted. “Don’t I look like one?”

She rolled her eyes. Her tearful episode was long done and they were now siting beside each other, talking like they usually do in her dreams. It felt nice knowing that they have reconciled. After what happened, she thinks their friendship became a lot more meaningful.

“Friendship?” Ren had been listening to her thoughts again. “You call this friendship?”

“Well, what do you want to call our relationship?” she said, exasperated.

“I thought we were more than that.” Ren told her, a serious expression on his face.

“Seriously?” she questioned in monotone.

Ren’s serious face cracked, his lips quirking into a smirk. “I really believed after all those ‘he’s always there’ and ‘I’m a horrible person to get angry at him’ thoughts, you’d come to realize that you’re in love with me.”

She glared at him. “You’re a real piece of work, you know that?”

“Can’t help that I’m a masterpiece and you can’t resist me.” He winked.

“We really should change to topic now.” She suggested, sick with his self-praising.

He paused before speaking again. “Should we perhaps move on to that council member?”

Of course he knows about that. What doesn’t he know?

“I know everything.” He said in a-matter-of-fact tone, then he raised an eyebrow. “I especially know that there’s something you wanted to ask me.”

“I think he has magic.” She pursed her lip. “There’s this energy in his blood.”

“So he does,” Ren shrugged. “There are still those who have magic in their blood here.”

“But that’s not it.” She argued. “I could hear his magic calling to me.”

He seemed to think about that, being silent for a moment. When he was done, he asked her, “Do you think he’s a host?”

~~~

Volo is at the very south, making it colder than Aria and Mente but not as cold as Gelo — not that he’s ever been in Gelo, that’s just what the books say. And he haven’t found a reason to doubt those books because as far as he could tell, Volo was the city they described. It’s full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter