33. Reminded

Arcanum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Three

~ Reminded ~

 

“It’s not on the other half of Guarire, right?” Suho asked, concerned.

Tao, who was on the same horse as him, answered after a few seconds. “No, we stay on the half that’s still part of the main land.”

He nodded, adjusting his hold on his horse’s reins. They’ve been riding for more than two hours, with Ahra a few meters ahead of them. If they will be staying in the main land, then they won’t have to leave their horses to go onto a boat. He had a feeling Ahra would not be as confident as she was now if they are asked to travel by water.

“Isn’t she tired?” came the sudden question behind him.

Suho looked at Ahra who has yet to slow down her riding. “I don’t think she is.”

“How long have you known her anyway?” Tao asked.

“Days,” he replied vaguely.

There was a sound of surprise. “And you agreed to leave Umido in order to accompany her and find other men who are like you?”

“You’ve only known her for a few minutes before you agreed to join this quest.” He pointed out.

“I see,” Tao said. There was a pause before he spoke again. “So, what is it that you can control?”

He hesitated but then perceived that since they would be together from now, the boy was bound to find out sooner or later. “I have power over water.”

“How did she know you have magic? Did you accidentally use it in front of her like I did?”

“No,” he responded. “Actually, I don’t know how she discovered I have magic.”

“Does she have magic? Because if she does, then that would explain it.” Tao pondered aloud. “People who have magic feels different from those who don’t. It’s like we have a pulse of energy surrounding us, but only those who are the same can feel it.”

Suho thought about it and realized that Tao was right. He could feel energy coming off of Tao.

“But I don’t feel anything from her.” Tao said the same thing he was thinking.

He bit his lip before asking something. “When you’re near her, do you feel as though your magic is becoming restless?”

“I do,” the boy spoke slowly. “When I first approached her, my magic kind of exploded. I lost control of my powers and stopped time unintentionally.”

He frowned. It wasn’t as if the answer was unexpected, but it made him confused as to why Ahra could invoke such feeling in them. If Tao was right about magic people having a different feel, then Ahra has no magic whatsoever. That, though, does not explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter